where got the best BAK KUT TEH in town

e33extra

1. YA HUA OUTRAM BAK KUT TEH (PSA BUILDING & HAVELOCK ROAD)
2. FOUNDERS BAK KUT TEH

These are the only 2 reasonably decent ones I have tried. Personally, I love the soup so that's very important for me. Hoping to get some good add ons and suggestions.

Pros:
It rounds off a night of hard drinking nicely, and helps relieve a hangover the next day.

Cons:
Cholesterol. Fat. Damnit. But it's delicious.

Re: where got the best BAK KUT TEH in town

i dunno the name but the shop at beach road (near rochor duck rice) shophouse stretch is good.
black soup with medicinal herbs

Steven referring to this one:

Leong Kee (Klang) Bak Kut Teh

Another nice herbal soup type is Poh Siang @ NEX shopping mall but then u mention after drinks so not suitable as it will be closed by then...

My favourite is Havelock Ya Hua.
Hitmee's favourite is Ng Ah Sio at Rangoon Rd.

C3P0;666076 said:
My favourite is Havelock Ya Hua.
Hitmee's favourite is Ng Ah Sio at Rangoon Rd.

Gotta try the Leong Kee one soon. Thanks! Ng Ah Sio since the boss passed away already now the standard dropped by quite a bit leh..

e33extra;666082 said:
Gotta try the Leong Kee one soon. Thanks! Ng Ah Sio since the boss passed away already now the standard dropped by quite a bit leh..

Oh dear, didn't know he has passed away. I tried a few weeks ago and didn't like the standard.
Another one is Song Fa at junction of New Bridge Road and Upper Circular Road.

Btw the Havelock Ya Hua opens at night so those who frequent Sar Lau and go and eat if hungry, sszone say one.

C3P0;666087 said:
Oh dear, didn't know he has passed away. I tried a few weeks ago and didn't like the standard.

Btw the Havelock Ya Hua opens at night so those who frequent Sar Lau and go and eat if hungry, sszone say one.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

Actually the best BKT i had is in JB... Soup herbal type instead of pepperish... and they Bah Kut is huge, all bigger then their big bowl!!! Accompanied with chinese tea in traditional chinese tea pot set... Damn old timer but nice... Will be a perfect scene if I carry a bird cage like Wong Fei Hong... hahaha!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

no hor....the havelock one standard dropped like hell a few years back after they got china workers. it used to be pork rib bones type without being need to be specific.
now they will try to charge extra, give u spare ribs for the normal soup and extra $ for the rib bone type...quality-wise, its just not the same like last time.....passeable nia nowadays

C3P0;666087 said:

thats the one Hoks!!!
won my vote when i first tried it while working at the beach road area.
still that aromatic herbal soup, love the tau kee they put in it.
longer waiting time nowadays cos damn good biz but its worth it

hoks;666075 said:
Steven referring to this one:

Leong Kee (Klang) Bak Kut Teh

Another nice herbal soup type is Poh Siang @ NEX shopping mall but then u mention after drinks so not suitable as it will be closed by then...

Now everywhere china workers leh.

Not necessarily a bad thing though. :chinese:

the problem is when the boss don't wanna teach them and ask them to cook or teach them 1/2 1/2.
end up taste standard is not there....

just had bak ku teh at tanjong pagar yahua today.
the china worker keep putting the bak in front of my malay colleague even though we move it deliberately away from her.
my colleague is a moderate and understanding muslim who is tolerant of what we eat so she's kind enough to tapao her nasi melayu and join us on the same table.
the china worker was like, put 1 bowl in front of her, we move it away....she put another bowl in front of her again...hahaha
but ok lah, 不知者无罪

*oh no...i posted the word "problem" again.....see got cbk come suan me or not

Last edited by a moderator:

The one opposite Central is my fav

Founders' at Balestier is ok but queue is always very long. There's another one nearby 33 or 88 or 383 or whatever the combi, they open till late at night, best for party nights. Not too bad.

The one on Joo Chiat, quite good.

there is a really good one, next to a gas station around the tiong bahru area... near spice?

its really good, perfect amount of pepper!

bamboo11;667542 said:
there is a really good one, next to a gas station around the tiong bahru area... near spice?

its really good, perfect amount of pepper!

think thats the havelock ya hua.....standards dropped alot liao compared to last time

had bak ku teh 2 times this week

1 at tanjong pagar ya hua, nothin fantastic....like the tang oh vege though

1 at my fav shop at beach road, not bad as usual.

188299_1918640124866_1207893545_31682550_4603046_n.jpg

ang mo kio ave 1 town council there got one quite ok. opens in the morning and afternoon only. the other is along sin ming, the muilti story carpark coffee shop.

benji ben;667599 said:
ang mo kio ave 1 town council there got one quite ok. opens in the morning and afternoon only. the other is along sin ming, the muilti story carpark coffee shop.

Is it free? Milk ask one

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwinyoga

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back