• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Where to buy - M5 rims

steamy-stream

Hi,
Looking to buy M5 rims... 19" for E60.
Anyone selling used with or woith out tires or where to get brand new 'copy' Taiwan ones?

Thanks!

Re: Where to buy - M5 rims

for originals its quite hard to get. Can try Chin Wah at killiney road, but their prices are only slightly cheaper than PML. Alternatively u can try Hurry Tyres at bukit Timah. They are able to bring in originals and they do have replica's as well.

steamy-stream;463552 said:
Hi,
Looking to buy M5 rims... 19" for E60.
Anyone selling used with or woith out tires or where to get brand new 'copy' Taiwan ones?

Thanks!

dont buy the taiwanese ones... the taiwanese replica are horrendous.....

if u want to get reps also get italian replicas.... looks more alike with the original ones...

yeah. italian reps no doubt expensive will still cost less than original M5 rims. I reckon with original rims and tyres, the original M5 rims will set u back about 8k

Bro,

Chin wah or leong Seng.

Chin Wah I think they have good quality rep

Leong Seng's rep have a range from Europe. Taiwan and Thailand..... Bro Terry is right... most Taiwan ones can't make it..... and they may be too heavy too

Cheers

Red3er;463839 said:
I got mine from South East at Kaki Bukit.

Yup, heard a number of bros go there also in other earlier posts..... hows the quality of the rims they carry and is their service ok?

Cheers

kim_pioneer;463933 said:
Yup, heard a number of bros go there also in other earlier posts..... hows the quality of the rims they carry and is their service ok?

Cheers
Upgraded my stock 16" to a 17" with them. Quality of rims is the same as any other i guess. they are carrying the same brand names as leong seng and chin wah. afte sales service is appalling for lack of a better word.

Slater;463937 said:
Upgraded my stock 16" to a 17" with them. Quality of rims is the same as any other i guess. they are carrying the same brand names as leong seng and chin wah. afte sales service is appalling for lack of a better word.

Ooops...that bad?

kim_pioneer;463940 said:
Ooops...that bad?
too long of a story. think i posted it in another thread somewhere. neve gone back ever since. even for simple things like rotating and balancing which i did yesterday, went down all the way to Hurry.

Slater;463946 said:
too long of a story. think i posted it in another thread somewhere. neve gone back ever since. even for simple things like rotating and balancing which i did yesterday, went down all the way to Hurry.

Phew... lucky didnt go.... Rotating n balancing how much you pay?

kim_pioneer;463950 said:
Phew... lucky didnt go.... Rotating n balancing how much you pay?
standard la. 20 bucks all in. some say can get 10 bucks, but the quality of the balancing i cant gurantee liao.

apparently these days with the directional tyres, rotating is only from front to rear. no more chris cross liao. felt dam silly when i asked why no more chris crossing from front right to rear left. boss replied "that is old technology liao"

Slater;463955 said:
standard la. 20 bucks all in. some say can get 10 bucks, but the quality of the balancing i cant gurantee liao.

apparently these days with the directional tyres, rotating is only from front to rear. no more chris cross liao. felt dam silly when i asked why no more chris crossing from front right to rear left. boss replied "that is old technology liao"

My ride almost 2 mths liao.... when to go to do rotation n balancing? Anyway $20 for safety n better handling is reasonable lah.... as long they do a good job.

Hopefully our exchange so far will benefit bro Steam-steam

Cheers

kim_pioneer;463960 said:
My ride almost 2 mths liao.... when to go to do rotation n balancing? Anyway $20 for safety n better handling is reasonable lah.... as long they do a good job.

Hopefully our exchange so far will benefit bro Steam-steam

Cheers
2 mths?! not so soon la. recommended is about 8-9k to preserve ur tyres better. ifon a regular basis u keep ur tyre pressure in check u shld be ok till the next balancing and rotation

Slater;463961 said:
2 mths?! not so soon la. recommended is about 8-9k to preserve ur tyres better. ifon a regular basis u keep ur tyre pressure in check u shld be ok till the next balancing and rotation

OIC... ok lah still 7 - 8 more months lah...only did 1.5K so far

Tyre pressure...humm that's is one concern... Any idea for 19"rim, 35 front 245 and 30 rear 275 need to pump what pressure huh? So far haven't pump after change stock rims n tyres. Leong Seng pumped nitrogen for me, though

Cheers

kim_pioneer;463968 said:
OIC... ok lah still 7 - 8 more months lah...only did 1.5K so far

Tyre pressure...humm that's is one concern... Any idea for 19"rim, 35 front 245 and 30 rear 275 need to pump what pressure huh? So far haven't pump after change stock rims n tyres. Leong Seng pumped nitrogen for me, though

Cheers
follow the sticker by the door. i am following that pretty closely and it has worked for me. i reckon u should be pumping 230 kpa at the front and 270 kpa at the rear.

not sure if its just me, but it seems that the suspensions react better when pressure is higher contrary to popular belief. in the past i used to pump below recommended pressure to soak up the bumps. but rather than absorbing them, they seem to be crashing into the cabin. almost seems like when the pressure is up, it forces the suspensions to work and oscillate. when the pressure is low, bumps are partially absorbed by the undeinflated tyres, hence suspensions not really working its magic.

Slater;463969 said:
follow the sticker by the door. i am following that pretty closely and it has worked for me. i reckon u should be pumping 230 kpa at the front and 270 kpa at the rear.

not sure if its just me, but it seems that the suspensions react better when pressure is higher contrary to popular belief. in the past i used to pump below recommended pressure to soak up the bumps. but rather than absorbing them, they seem to be crashing into the cabin. almost seems like when the pressure is up, it forces the suspensions to work and oscillate. when the pressure is low, bumps are partially absorbed by the undeinflated tyres, hence suspensions not really working its magic.

You reckon its same for 30/245F and 35/275R?

I totally agree with the air pressure thing. Under-pressure won't soak the bumps n humps that well... especially when conti car is much heavier than Jap rides.,,, thus eliminating(or rather, offset) most of the discomfort over humps n bumps..... so slightly higher pressure shl do wonders to the shock's functions... as long as it's slightly higher.... hahaha

Leong S told me to pump 250 front and 270 rear. I am on 245/275 on 19s. =)

Anyone put in aftermarket Tire Pressure monitoring sensors after taking out your RFTs?

Thanks!!!

vegadonovan;464051 said:
Leong S told me to pump 250 front and 270 rear. I am on 245/275 on 19s. =)

Anyone put in aftermarket Tire Pressure monitoring sensors after taking out your RFTs?

Thanks!!!

Thanks bro for the info..... Does the OBC in our i-drive has anythng to tell air-pressure level?

If not... maybe its worthwhile to buy that device.

OT a little here.. Any sis n bros have any idea where to buy the bolt-like contraption that is afixed on the number-plate of a weekend car? One of the forummers' weekend car's device is totally loosen and will likely fail Vicom inspection.... to make matter worse.... the part of the bumper that the plate is attached to has localised rust. How to solve huh? tks

Bro, Pre Lci doesn't. Its called FTM- Flat tyre Monitor. I think your LCI has it by default. =)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhatvipdate

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back