White Smoke and Buring Smell from Bottom of Engine

varco

Hi Guys,

Need your advise, currently i discover that there was white smoke and burning smell from the bottom of the engine sometimes when I start the car. Sometimes the smoke can be alot and sometimes can only smell the burning smell. Can advise what's the problem before I send my car for some check up.

Regards,
Varco

Re: White Smoke and Buring Smell from Bottom of Engine

varco;412549 said:
Hi Guys,

Need your advise, currently i discover that there was white smoke and burning smell from the bottom of the engine sometimes when I start the car. Sometimes the smoke can be alot and sometimes can only smell the burning smell. Can advise what's the problem before I send my car for some check up.

Regards,
Varco

Could be engine oil leaking somewhere..... cos when it gets burnt it will rpoduce white smoke.
If white smoke comes out from exos.... u might wanna check the engine internals normally is piston ring gone and lead to engine oil seeped inside combustion chamber where it burns and have white smoke. U might wanna check for oil leaks maybe brake fluid???

My opinion

or maybe even power steering fluid, which is very combustible. you would see a lot of white smoke machiam fumigation like that coming from engine bay when you have any sort of steering angle

panzer;412560 said:
Could be engine oil leaking somewhere..... cos when it gets burnt it will rpoduce white smoke.
If white smoke comes out from exos.... u might wanna check the engine internals normally is piston ring gone and lead to engine oil seeped inside combustion chamber where it burns and have white smoke. U might wanna check for oil leaks maybe brake fluid???

My opinion
Hi Panzer,

I think it may be engine oil leakage as few months ago I did saw some engine oil on the floor but these few weeks didn't see any engine oil and I though the leakage has "disappear".

Do you know whether the leakage of engine oil will cause hesitation of car moving off when slowing down and picking up after that? I have problem when the car do not react when i step on the accerator. Is it due to the leakage or maybe the TPS sensor is faulty.

Regards,
Varco

Racebred;412666 said:
or maybe even power steering fluid, which is very combustible. you would see a lot of white smoke machiam fumigation like that coming from engine bay when you have any sort of steering angle
Hi Racebred,

Last time when I went to R2D to get my car checked, Rodney did mentioned that the power steering fluid was alright but my break fluid contains water but he said still okay. So, I am not too sure if it will cause the problem now. My steering angle is still okay.

Regards,
Varco

you seem to have got an engine lubrication oil leak, probably oil ending up hanging from your exhaust manifold and when you start your car the oil burns.

Worst case you got a manifold leak which when you start your engine, the oil remaining in the piston burns and white smoke comes out. Or you got a loose piston ring - check compression and you'll know for sure.

Send it in for tracing the leak and repair.

varco;412685 said:
Hi Panzer,

I think it may be engine oil leakage as few months ago I did saw some engine oil on the floor but these few weeks didn't see any engine oil and I though the leakage has "disappear".

Do you know whether the leakage of engine oil will cause hesitation of car moving off when slowing down and picking up after that? I have problem when the car do not react when i step on the accerator. Is it due to the leakage or maybe the TPS sensor is faulty.

Regards,
Varco

check your plugs to see if they is any fouling.

centurion;412701 said:
you seem to have got an engine lubrication oil leak, probably oil ending up hanging from your exhaust manifold and when you start your car the oil burns.

Worst case you got a manifold leak which when you start your engine, the oil remaining in the piston burns and white smoke comes out. Or you got a loose piston ring - check compression and you'll know for sure.

Hi Centurion,

Thanks for the advise, I will send my car in for check up.

Regards,
varco vbmenu_register("postmenu_412701", true);

halcrontech;412897 said:
check your plugs to see if they is any fouling.
Hi Halcrontech,

May I know what do you mean by fouling? I have recently change the spark plug to volker spec II and does the inition upgrade from R2D, do you think that maybe the cause also beside the engine oil leakage?

Regards,
Varco

varco;412549 said:
Hi Guys,

Regards,
Varco

Likely Valve Cover Gasket.

Hi Guys,

Sent my car in for repair today, it seems like the white smoke and buring smell were actually due to engine oil leakage. Some rubber sealing and casket has been changed.

However, hesitation of car moving off when slowing down and picking up after that has not been resolved.:(

Thanks for all the advises given. :)

Regards
Varco

centurion;413758 said:
for hesitation - try replacing the air mass sensor.
Hi Centurion,

Yes, changed that and the car seems to be working fine now. The car's vibration has also been reduced and hope that it will last.

Thanks
Varco

varco;413915 said:
Hi Centurion,

Yes, changed that and the car seems to be working fine now. The car's vibration has also been reduced and hope that it will last.

Thanks
Varco
don't be afraid - EVERYTHING CAN FIX ONE, JUST NEED BRAIN.

Hi all,
I just realised i got the similar problem with my 523 ;ately This morning started the car when cold, pop the the bonnet up, saw white fume coming out from the bottom engine.. after that i drove for abt 10 mins to town, then pop the bonnet, this time the white fume doesnt flow up anyhmoren.. may i know if this is likely to be an engine oil leak, how many days the car needs to be at pml?

Pls advise :(

Tks
Cheong

centurion;412701 said:

btw who can do a compression test here? cost?
i have some white smoke when starting in the mornign from the exhaust..
i would think it could be some oil getting passed the piston rings

booncheong;453846 said:
Hi all,
I just realised i got the similar problem with my 523 ;ately This morning started the car when cold, pop the the bonnet up, saw white fume coming out from the bottom engine.. after that i drove for abt 10 mins to town, then pop the bonnet, this time the white fume doesnt flow up anyhmoren.. may i know if this is likely to be an engine oil leak, how many days the car needs to be at pml?

Pls advise :(

Tks
Cheong

see if you can trace it in the morning. when you see the smoke.
I found mine to be a water leak and white smoke due to coolen in it., it was dripping exactly on the exhaust manifold.

so do i need to send in my car my checkup? how did ur water leak been repaired? by PML?

White smoke in the morning is due to condensation. its normal

booncheong;453868 said:
so do i need to send in my car my checkup? how did ur water leak been repaired? by PML?

Send it to a work shop to do a pressure test. I did mine at sin Ming, As i had an extended warranty on the car from TWM warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500aeesite

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back