Why Bimbo and not Ah Pui Racing or others?

MRacer77

Legendary 10 Years
I guess if you wanted to keep your 17 inch tires then the Brembos are your best bet. If you say that the original 17 inch wheels does not have the clearance, what wheels are you using now?

I swapped my 17s with Shawn's.

Tanzy,
"I really don't need six potters in my tiny cart"

We shall see...wait till u see SC getting approved someday then u will want 6F and 4R calipers hahaha...

Actually for Brembo and AP...the price is about the same but u get 4pot for Brembo in the GT series ( I am using M3 as an example) while AP u can get 6pot Front
Movit is great stuff but way too expensive.

I think AP is still the best value and it's race proven.
Another decent and reasonably cheaper one is StopTech..It's quite popular in the US. It's 4potter and performance wise can probably rival closely to Brembo. The brand name, however, sounds like crap tho..

Hehe... I have seen Endless brakes fitted onto an M3 before... very very sweet!

Stoptech is not bad brand, just that at the end of the day, whether the aftersales service is any good.

TripleM,

When that day comes, I'll be driving a Lambo. Cause it never will! So sad.

Also, the current BMW brakes will exceed the grip of the tyres. Better brakes are only for fade resistance. I must admit though after seeing APs on a certain 3 series, I was awestruck! Damn big disc! Nice calipers! No chance of people mistaking it for fake caliper covers.

Mov-its are really awesome... just seen a front & rear kit mounted on another M3. Drool!!!

I like Brembo brakes for no rational reason too. I would have gotten a Japanese turbo can just to have Brembo brakes as standard.

MRacer77 said:
Mov-its are really awesome... just seen a front & rear kit mounted on another M3. Drool!!!

Yeah there is one running ard..
Made enquiry some time back and the vendor told me they installed one on M3...

Although they are the probably the most experienced at producing BBKs, I am not thoroughly impressed by the Brembos.

Actually, we changed the Brembos on my brother's STI spec C cause we felt that they just were not getting the job done. Also heard that the Brembos tend to rust around the cylinder area and thus can lead to the pots jamming and thus brake failure...

Thus in the end, it was the Endless and its worth every penny.

yeah tanz, good move! on a lightish, low power (relative to racecars) street car you don't need the huge rotors.. the mass just kills how quick the suspension can react to stuff and to a smaller but considerable degree, acceleration, mainly through increased moment of inertia. streetcars also are highly unlikely to saturate the brake system with heat. decel is going to be limited by tires and not the brake system.

larger rotors take longer to get up to operating temp.

on a related note, only AP Racing can rightfully say it has supplied equipment to every F1 podium finisher and nearly the complete F1 field.. from the 1970s, till today.

AP Racing is represented in every major formula, touring, grand touring, endurance, stockcar, and rally series, dominating many of them.

it is one of the few god-status racing hardware companies like Mecachrome-JPX, Del West, Auto Verdi, Pankl, Magnetti Marelli, Kauffman, Pectel, Mahle...

Yeah.. its quite a good article.

Shaun, notice all the companies you mentioned do not make road car applications except for perhaps magnetti

Shaun,
Now that the front is definitely more fade resistant than stock, the increase in torque/bite is also quite significant. I was wondering if the Electronic Brake Force Distribution widget in the car is able to apply optimum braking power to all 4 wheels during an hard/emergency stop.

yes it will. thats the whole idea of it. when you brake on 2 surfaces, eg 2 wheels on grass 2 wheels on tarmac, there will also be EBD. so why not front rear too?

Racebred,

You bed-in already? I'm waiting for a good day to bed-in the pads properly. Probably do it at night from Airport to Tuas on the ECP/AYE.

yep... the brakes are very jiah now. occassional squeal. other than that very good. when our dot5.1 is in, i will call you, we both need to change.

Racebred,

Ya. Sure thing.
When you cadence brake at Sepang, it's gonna be damn different with your increased front brake bias.

Racebred said:
yep... the brakes are very jiah now. occassional squeal. other than that very good. when our dot5.1 is in, i will call you, we both need to change.

I am jealous now.... :errr: :roll:

MRacer77 said:
Shaun, notice all the companies you mentioned do not make road car applications except for perhaps magnetti

hi Des, most of them do in fact make stuff for road cars but as aftermarket parts. But yah, they're very rarely found on OEM cars - though Mahle does do some stuff for Audi, Pankl for Ferrari. The other companies do rods, pistons, valves, retainers, valvesprings, ECU, coatings, mostly for race applications, but still quite a range that is directly for diff makes and models just that they're expensive. They also do beautiful custom pieces - whatever you specify.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back