why same engine capacity but different power?

IS250C

Recently many manufactures like bmw, mercedes, audi, vw have models that are of the same engine capacity like 1,600cc but power output is different.
The salesman said it is due to some programming. True?
also tell me buy the lower power model to save like $10,000 then go workshop pay a few hundreds to program to the higher power.
sounds too good to be true. Right?
Please advise.

Re: why same engine capacity but different power?

There many people out there, same height, same weight, same age but different intelligence level.

I think this will explain this thread very well.

IS250C;1083865 said:
Recently many manufactures like bmw, mercedes, audi, vw have models that are of the same engine capacity like 1,600cc but power output is different.
also tell me buy the lower power model to save like $10,000 then go workshop pay a few hundreds to program to the higher power.
Please advise.
Do u mean 320 vs 328?
or
520 vs 528?

Does both cars got the same equipment?

Over the wkend, i juz realised that F30 320 & F20 M135 got the same price. Which 1 to buy?

Hmm

Salesman very funny.

Assumes a locked tap can be unlocked by any Tom's Harry Dick simply just to release more flows.

davidtch;1083878 said:
Do u mean 320 vs 328?
or
520 vs 528?

Over the wkend, i juz realised that F30 320 & F20 M135 got the same price. Which 1 to buy?

Hmm

The answer is quite obvious, M135.

Unlock is easy, just change boost nia...

The slow one can unlock to be faster...

The fast one can unlock to be be even faster...so of course is take the fastest you can afford lah.

IS250C;1083865 said:
Please advise.

Majority is the same due to costs saved in modular production but some parts will definitely be different .

I believe got some threads related to 328i vs 320i... U can check on their difference .

All in all, best to stay stock for warranty concerns.

davidtch;1083878 said:
Do u mean 320 vs 328?
or
520 vs 528?

Hmm

Depends on what are you looking for , bro

For performance, definitely a BMW 3.0T inline 6 > BMW 2.0T inline4

Space wise ... To be honest , not an extravagantly increase at the rear . Tall Adults will still have a slight problem sitting at the 320i rear .

ShaunJeremy;1083888 said:
Majority is the same due to costs saved in modular production but some parts will definitely be different .

I believe got some threads related to 328i vs 320i... U can check on their difference .

All in all, best to stay stock for warranty concerns.

True, still waiting for the M performance N20 power kit to be release, as at now only for 1 series

ShaunJeremy;1083889 said:
Depends on what are you looking for , bro

For performance, definitely a BMW 3.0T inline 6 > BMW 2.0T inline4

Space wise ... To be honest , not an extravagantly increase at the rear . Tall Adults will still have a slight problem sitting at the 320i rear .
Value for $$$??

davidtch;1083894 said:
Value for $$$??

Hahaha for me, I sure go for M135i lor ...

Value for performance!

Think of it as getting a N55 engine over a N20, comes with full M sport stuff and the warranty is 5 year warranty > 3 year ... Why not!

Insurance and road tax more chor though .

But!!!! Don't buy to replace your MINI bro .

MINI ftw ! :)

davidtch;1083878 said:

Hmm

Different price...list maybe same, but MA never give overtrade, while pml can easily tok 20k overtrade.

Probably more like 520i vs m135i...

Slow_poke_driver;1083949 said:
Different price...list maybe same, but MA never give overtrade, while pml can easily tok 20k overtrade.

Probably more like 520i vs m135i...
Which 1 to buy then?

davidtch;1083983 said:
Which 1 to buy then?

Of course buy 520i lah. Actually 516i also can.

Singapore everywhere jam, even weekends and public holiday also jam on PIE. Need so fast for what?

CCB government.

IS250C;1083865 said:
Please advise.

I have seen BMW implement the same engine construct across multiple different models. One good example is the 3L N54 inline-6 twin turbo. The 335s, M135s, 535s, X5, X6 and Z4. However from bhp wise, it is more or less the same...approx 300 bhp. So unless, you are comparing a totally different 3L engine, else it should not be of much diff. However, other areas, weight, gearbox, transmission, etc may still make significant overall performance.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jun88betcodes

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back