Why so many BMWs on Breytons?

st8800

They are heavy, expensive and super duper common. Why people keep buying them? :screwedu:

Re: Why so many BMWs on Breytons?

Cheap sale...................

st8800;869024 said:
They are heavy, expensive and super duper common. Why people keep buying them? :screwedu:
U anti-Breytons is it? :OTpolis:

On a serious note, I never noticed and didn't know it is common.

No la... just an observation nia.... they look nice enough though.

Breyton are the cheapest decent looking rims.
BBS significantly more expensive. The rest no
need to even mention, 1 rim can buy full set of
Breyton.

st8800;869024 said:

Actually its 1.2kg lighter than my previous 18'' Msport rim.

More bang for $$ I guess.. Its my 1st love eversince it launch :eek:
Did look see around for 2nd love but 1st love still best.. (ac323 knows :D )

Cheers ~~~ :)

naan1974;869056 said:
Breyton are the cheapest decent looking rims.

Agreed and also, its a made-for-Bimmer rim aka something-you-wont-go-wrong-with rims ....
I would say its a combination of personal preference + affordability + wide acceptance mentality

BTW, Not to offend any one here but I personally like to steer clear of conti car with Jap / Taiwan rims combi.....:boxing:

You will be surprised how many are on replica breytons.

Breyton is the cheapest Conti-brand wheel you can find? Some say Breyton authorised it to be made in China, hence so cheap. Got cert got papers.

Problem with volumn-based designs - they are seen everywhere. Modded but look like stock, cause so many cars on it. No longer individual.

dont get me started...

passe....

offence INTENDED.

het;869084 said:
Agreed and also, its a made-for-Bimmer rim aka something-you-wont-go-wrong-with rims ....
I would say its a combination of personal preference + affordability + wide acceptance mentality

BTW, Not to offend any one here but I personally like to steer clear of conti car with Jap / Taiwan rims combi.....:boxing:
Beg to differ, Prodrive & Volk Racing looks very nice on BMW. The + point = exclusive.

Main factor is price I think....

But nice rims, especially Jonleeck's ones.

davidtch;869111 said:
Beg to differ, Prodrive & Volk Racing looks very nice on BMW. The + point = exclusive.

+ forged + lightweight.

Cheap and awful!

My less than one week old Breyton rim on rear left, catastrophically broke and split into 2 on Cameron Highlands old road. Nearly loss control of rear and went down the cliff. Wheel cracked and separated down the circumference literally into two rims held together only by tyre.

davidtch;869111 said:

Sure....I'm a VR fan myself but well......If its a jap car, i say bring them on anytime....:D

Tanzy said:
Cheap and awful!

My less than one week old Breyton rim on rear left, catastrophically broke and split into 2 on Cameron Highlands old road. Nearly loss control of rear and went down the cliff. Wheel cracked and separated down the circumference literally into two rims held together only by tyre.

Holy crap !!! How you drive back?

davidtch said:

These are quality stuff, besides Neez and Schmeiden.

I have seen many Porsches and BMWs on Advan RS too.

kenntona;869131 said:
Holy crap !!! How you drive back?

This happened in 2009, you are talking to a ghost.

It was just after a right bend, as I was straightening out the wheel, there was a loud bang. The car lurched and slipped off the road. Fortunately, there was a patch of loose rocks gravel on the side of the road (you can see in the picture) that caught the car and I could roll it into it and stop.

Got out of the car then I realised the gravity of the situation. One tire repair kit, no wheel left to repair. No spare tire. Called PML and they sent a flatbed to drag me out then send me to Ipoh. Waited 2 hours for the truck.

Reached Ipoh and they do not have any 19" wheels in the entire town to fit BMW. Furthermore, it was a saturday. Closest they have is 17" but it couldn't even clear the stock rear brakes. By evening, someone sent up a pair of 18" from a lorry scrap yard in the outskirts of KL. That managed to fit with a set of hard as rock rubbish tires. Paid and drove off slowly. Reached KL around midnight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win88win88me

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back