Wing mirror memory position erratic.. help!

zag

lately my driver side wing mirror position has been erratic every time i start the car.
been doing this a few time by setting it to the intended position and press memory button to lock, but i still getting either too high or too low every time i off the engine. this is pissing me off.

i also just changed battery to the key fob as well as slot it in while setting the memory position to make sure correct registering with the key.

anyone has the same problem and care to share how you got it fix?
may be a reset should help ..anyone know how to?

it is a comfort access configuration by the way...

Re: Wing mirror memory position erratic.. help!

My left mirror does the same thing quite often but never really bothered to do much about it.

bro, i think we all have similar problems .... I have mine sent in for 3 times (during service to have fault checked), but whatever they do seems temporary ... and the problem just recur again before i went holidays!!!! I am schedule to have it sent in for a check next week ...
I am getting quite impatient and upset already ...let's wait to see what excuses they have this time ...

I am not sure if we have the same problem. Mine happened whenever i lock and unlock my car, the passenger side mirror will tilt away. Sometimes it can be tilted facing the sky/ sometimes facing the road.

If yours is the same as mine. then change the actuator will help. Only hassle is you need to go PML a few times to demo before they are willing to change. Mine was changed during warranty period.

So far so good.

E90koh;650045 said:
I am not sure if we have the same problem. Mine happened whenever i lock and unlock my car, the passenger side mirror will tilt away. Sometimes it can be tilted facing the sky/ sometimes facing the road.

If yours is the same as mine. then change the actuator will help. Only hassle is you need to go PML a few times to demo before they are willing to change. Mine was changed during warranty period.

So far so good.

Yes same as you described.. Looks like a faulty motor indexing..sigh!
Thks for the info..

It happens mostly only if you close the side mirror after looking the car. I get that at time as well. I was told it's cos the wiring sometimes get erratic due to the programming. I asked the mechanic u kong simi, he just said "too many computer stuff liao"

Hurhur

There is already a well known world wide solution to this problem that cost 10 mins and 0$. The problem lies with condensation in the connector to the mirror assembly within the mirror encasement. This leads to erratic and unstable readings of mirror position to the computer that controls memory of seat and mirrors. Everytime you start, the signal sent is wrong and the computer tries to adjust to the wrong position. This happens usually during the 3rd yr.

The solution is to remove the mirror outer cover by hand tugging away from the frame. You will seethe wire ( 4 per ) with a white connector to the mirror motor. This connector is easily removed by dislodging the 3 legged black frame. Spray some electronic contact cleaner or WD 40 to both connector pins and motor receptacle.

Reassemble and job is done!

If you go to change the motor, you just happen to have a clean socket connector and solve the problem but that will set you back $$$ !!!

Chris Chew;703085 said:
There is already a well known world wide solution to this problem that cost 10 mins and 0$. The problem lies with condensation in the connector to the mirror assembly within the mirror encasement. This leads to erratic and unstable readings of mirror position to the computer that controls memory of seat and mirrors. Everytime you start, the signal sent is wrong and the computer tries to adjust to the wrong position. This happens usually during the 3rd yr.

The solution is to remove the mirror outer cover by hand tugging away from the frame. You will seethe wire ( 4 per ) with a white connector to the mirror motor. This connector is easily removed by dislodging the 3 legged black frame. Spray some electronic contact cleaner or WD 40 to both connector pins and motor receptacle.

Reassemble and job is done!

If you go to change the motor, you just happen to have a clean socket connector and solve the problem but that will set you back $$$ !!!

Good info and makes absolute sense. I used to be perturbed by the wing mirrors and each time I re-adjust them, they go wrong again.

I then decided that I will not do anything and let them be. Overtime, I got used to them and they got used to me...Ha ha.

Just got mine cleaned up whatever is causing the position register at MA.. i will see if the is fix is good or else will get the motor changed..
BMW has a repair bulletin out on this. don't let the CSA tell you otherwise about such problem being you using the wrong key or whatever..

good to know the DIY procedure though...

pengful;703286 said:
Good info and makes absolute sense. I used to be perturbed by the wing mirrors and each time I re-adjust them, they go wrong again.

I then decided that I will not do anything and let them be. Overtime, I got used to them and they got used to me...Ha ha.

if u can show some pictures it will help.

I got same problem also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back