Wing Mirror Tilt in Reverse

shiokS60

When engaged in "Reverse" my passenger side wing mirror would tilt down to the max and i have tried but to no avail to adjust it. :confused:

On my previous E46 i can easily adjust it via the usual mirror adjustment button while in reverse and it would be locked in.

Fellow E60 bro any advise?

Re: Wing Mirror Tilt in Reverse

shiokS60;456584 said:
When engaged in "Reverse" my passenger side wing mirror would tilt down to the max and i have tried but to no avail to adjust it. :confused:

On my previous E46 i can easily adjust it via the usual mirror adjustment button while in reverse and it would be locked in.

Fellow E60 bro any advise?

Dude, you're trying to stop the passenger wing mirror from tilting down when you reverse right?

Shift the knob just below your wing mirror adjustment control pad to the left and keep it there. Your passenger wing mirror should stop tilting down when you reverse.

i think he's trying to say that the mirrow tilts down but by too much...i am also wondering if there is a way to adjust how much the mirror tilts down

I found on my e46 you can set the tilt specifically for the reverse when it is in that position. i.e. Stick the car in reverse, with the left mirror selected on the control pad. Then, all the adjustments you make will be only for when the mirror is tilted down... but based on first post, not sure this will help

ravenwolf;456618 said:
i think he's trying to say that the mirrow tilts down but by too much...i am also wondering if there is a way to adjust how much the mirror tilts down

Thks bro, that's exactly what i meant...

Girettom;456621 said:
I found on my e46 you can set the tilt specifically for the reverse when it is in that position. i.e. Stick the car in reverse, with the left mirror selected on the control pad. Then, all the adjustments you make will be only for when the mirror is tilted down... but based on first post, not sure this will help

What you said is correct for most car with auto-tilt function BUT this does not apply to mine... To activate mirror tilt when reversing, driver side mirror has to be selected thus unable to adjust the angle i want for the mirror to auotmatically tilt to. If i push it to left mirror on the control pad, the auto tilt function is deactivated... :furious:

shiokS60;456623 said:
What you said is correct for most car with auto-tilt function BUT this does not apply to mine... To activate mirror tilt when reversing, driver side mirror has to be selected thus unable to adjust the angle i want for the mirror to auotmatically tilt to. If i push it to left mirror on the control pad, the auto tilt function is deactivated... :furious:

hmm, should try this out later when i go out for dinner

ravenwolf;456627 said:
hmm, should try this out later when i go out for dinner

Pls keep me posted if its my car only with this problem or not... TIA!

yes i did bro... am i the only one with such problem... anyone.... helllooooo

i've no luck adjusting it with my e60 too. i adjusted my head instead..

shiokS60;456672 said:
yes i did bro... am i the only one with such problem... anyone.... helllooooo

You're not the only one. Seems like it's a common thing on the e60 and e90 mirrors now.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/help-w...lt-adjustment.html?highlight=wing+mirror+tilt

The tilt angle is abit too low and I've gotten to used to it already. Same as tatsit, I'm adjusting my head now.

tatsit;456709 said:
i've no luck adjusting it with my e60 too. i adjusted my head instead..

If anyone else has a solution, I'd love to learn about it.

Cheers.

So KUKU for them not to let such simple function be adjustable to different drivers' requirement.... so its true the reverse mirror tilt function is NON-ADJUSTABLE?!?! still dun make sense to me... *sigh*

Anyway if your car has memory seat, you can set your 2nd memory to be exactly the same as your 1st memory but in the 2nd memory, the wing mirror adjusted to the tilt you want when you reverse. So everytime you reverse, selected memory no.2 ... still i find it ridiculous we have to do this...

shiokS60;456730 said:
So KUKU for them not to let such simple function be adjustable to different drivers' requirement.... so its true the reverse mirror tilt function is NON-ADJUSTABLE?!?! still dun make sense to me... *sigh*

Anyway if your car has memory seat, you can set your 2nd memory to be exactly the same as your 1st memory but in the 2nd memory, the wing mirror adjusted to the tilt you want when you reverse. So everytime you reverse, selected memory no.2 ... still i find it ridiculous we have to do this...

That's one way to do it!

Haha, every time we want to reverse must depress #2. Ridiculous but it works I guess. Cheers

confirm...i just tried it out and you can't adjust the amount the mirror tilts. doesn't seem very clever to design the mirror that way...its probably just a design oversight.

i know nuts about wiring but is it possible to hook the this function to be activated when passenger wing mirror is selected and not when driver side is selected.

Theoritically should be quite straight forward, but practically i've got no idea.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neo79commx

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back