• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTB: E39 525i Touring

sleeper_udm

Thinking of buying one, so if any owner of a/m vehicle is thinking of selling this ride, please pm price and I will consider. Will have to check if pocket is deep enuff. Many, many thanks.

Re: WTB: E39 525i Touring

only a few left,

two of us are on the forum

It must be so. Caught one the other day, almost like a rare sighting of a blue whale. Missed the opportunity to purchase one two years back. A silver 2003 model with GPS. It was at Automobile megamart, previously owned by an expatriate. Price was on the high side, but while I was negotiating price, it was bought by someone else.

I think the car you are referring to is a silver Nov 02 525iT with GPS. It had around 40k+ km on it at that time (it was for sale around late 2005, asking around S$128k).

Besides the silver ones belonging to R33Devil and me, there's at least one other silver 525iT with SFY plate (not sure if it's that the one at Megamart since I actually didn't see the Nov 02 car) and an older 523iT in dark grey. So there are at least four still running around. I actually spotted both the silver SFY and older dark grey one on the same day a few weeks ago.

There used to be a silver one with SDD plate driven by an expat but I haven't seen it in years (might be the same one as the SFY plate since SFY would have been a reregistered number)

It's a great car for many, many reasons. Good luck in your search.

Yes it is. The fact that you and R33Devil are still keeping them bears testimony to this. It is definitely a keeper.

Hihi

This is one of the more interesting threads on the E39 Touring. This guy in California has built a supercharged 540i using Dinan parts.

Attempt at e39 m5 touring project? (Buildstory of DINAN supercharged 540i Touring) - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

It's a very long thread, but it's a rewarding read with lots of photos of his car as well as other E39 Tourings, and has lots of details if you're interested in modding your car later on.

In the meantime, will let you know if I decide to buy an S4 Avant... hehe.

foxfrc5;177833 said:
In the meantime, will let you know if I decide to buy an S4 Avant... hehe.

Dont

I bought the B6S4, totally hopeless drive..

unless you getting the RS4,

but thats also reducing your load capacity

Giving up on the RS4... Too expensive.

Will keep the wagon and add an E30 316i... hehehe.

I am so tempted to PI a 530 or 550i Touring

in white

:)

R33Devil;177971 said:

in white

Do it! Do it! Do it!

freestyle2031;178046 said:
hey foxfrc, I'll pretend I didn't see that post about the E30 316 =)

Still considering... and it's an E30 316iA... not even a manual. Heh.

Now why would you want that for?

I'm actually thinking about an E36 coupe or cabriolet, straight six & manual but clean examples are tough find.

R33Devil;177971 said:

in white

foxfrc5;178479 said:
Do it! Do it! Do it!

Yes!! Yes!! If you have any quotes from any PIs I'd love to know them... :p

A couple of friends have spotted a blue E60 wagon with Singapore plates. So guess either PML or a PI brought it in. PML has E60 wagons on its price list but says they need 10 orders or something like that, before they will bring the car in.

foxfrc5;182758 said:
A couple of friends have spotted a blue E60 wagon with Singapore plates. So guess either PML or a PI brought it in. PML has E60 wagons on its price list but says they need 10 orders or something like that, before they will bring the car in.

I saw one in the Concourse car park, grey if i remember correctly. Driven by a caucasian. Think it was a 2.5. If PML needs 10 orders, then this guy's must be a PI?

The story from George Chew is that after the initial order, BMW Asia decided that there isnt a market for the car.

I think if we got together and fronted an order with $, they might go for it. CHoose a slow period of the year...like mid 07?

R33Devil;182772 said:
...BMW Asia decided that there isnt a market for the car.

I think if we got together and fronted an order with $, they might go for it...

Yes, I would imagine this is a really niche market. The total wagons market is already quite small, much less the BMW share of it...

Hmm, now I just need to convince the wife that a wagon is still cool and not a 'soccer mum' vehicle.... :D Otherwise I will have to give up the E85 and let that be her daily drive.... :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back