• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTB - IWC Big Pilot 5002

x3mblack

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Anyone selling or know of someone selling their IWC Big Pilot (Transitional Model) which comes with the old face but new high beat movement. Thanks.

Re: WTB - IWC Big Pilot 5002

Your best bet is to look out for stocks with Visiotime.

Visiotime.com

Else go to thepurist or Timezone......

Finding the discon-ed 2002/3 model is tough. Else get the 2006 model. Better engine - still the in-house IWC 51110 caliber & Pellaton winding system, but the beat rate has been modifies from 18,000 vibrations per hour to 21,600. New balance wheel using inertia screws rather than external regulator. I agree that the facelift and riveted strap lost the vintage pilot watch appeal for most, but nevertheless it will still be iconic.

Note that the secondary price of the 2002/3 model, assuming NIB, was about $15K, from the then-listed price of $21.5K. I'd think the 2006 model is retailing $21.9K, but will be transacted at a smaller discount, owing to Richmont reducing the retail discount now.

Good luck & Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I can get the BP 5004 at about $15k+ but I don't really fancy the facelift. The power reserve looks ok but missing the 9 o'clock and no silver trim around the date window makes it looks weird.

Been checking passions and visiotime web site every 2-3 hrs :screwedu:

Please post a pic. Not sure which model mine is but it is the previous one... I have the box and (I think) undated card. Please pm me your offer if you still interested.

Thanks.

IWCBP5002.jpg

IWCBP5004.jpg

TheNew7 said:
Please post a pic. Not sure which model mine is but it is the previous one...
x3mblack is referring to the model (5002) shown in the top picture.

Main physical differences:
(1) sub-dial
(2) date-dial
(3) 9-marker and numerical fonts
(4) strap
(5) position of navigator sign at 12.00
(6) "Swiss Made"

thanks Kenntona... ok, I have the one with the brown strap.... the one on the top pic.

Let me know then... Kenntona, saw you wearing this exact one too....

Its nice but I think too big to wear for normal wear...

TheNew7 said:
Its nice but I think too big to wear for normal wear...
Not true lah. Quite an eye catcher, IMO. Nowadays watch face above 46mm quite common. JLC's Master Compressor Geographic World Extreme is 46.5mm, PAM 127 and 217 are both 47mm, Omega Railmaster has a 49mm version......

Oh, its a nice watch.... and I love it.... but not for everyday use.....

I was thinking of getting one of the smaller Pilots, small one...

kenntona;176506 said:
Not true lah. Quite an eye catcher, IMO. Nowadays watch face above 46mm quite common. JLC's Master Compressor Geographic World Extreme is 46.5mm, PAM 127 and 217 are both 47mm, Omega Railmaster has a 49mm version......

I truly agree with the Grand Master watch Sifu Kenn, :)

once you go BIG, small is never an option :) it will look incomplete...

eddie said:
I truly agree with the Grand Master watch Sifu Kenn, once you go BIG, small is never an option it will look incomplete...
No no, Ed, the grand master is PG7170 that AP whore...... I am the protege......

TheNew7;176523 said:
Oh, its a nice watch.... and I love it.... but not for everyday use.....

I was thinking of getting one of the smaller Pilots, small one...

You may want to consider the IWC 5001. Its also a 8.5 days power reserve. Same movement as the big pilot but the casing is more refined and feels smaller than the big pilot. In my opinion, its too big for me too but i'm looking at buying for keep/collection sake. The old face 5002 is already discontinued.

With regards to your Big Pilot, do you have the complete paper and box? Does your serial number start with 314XXXX?

Serial number starting 314 XXXX has the high beat movement - 3kHz versus 2.5kHz. The faster/high beat movement address an erratic movement problem when the watch reserves reach 1-2 days. But it is not observed on every watch.

i seldom use the watch so I can't testify as to whether it has this problem. Either way, its fine by me. You still interested or still searching around?

My friend has a BP but with old dial old movement. Going at good price of $13.2k SMS me 90469770 if you are keen

Keith

kenntona;179007 said:
There is a used 5002 on sale at the purist......

http://www.thepurist.com/

Thanks. I know that person (Kenneth) from Balmoral. I'm meeting him tomorrow to check out his 5002 and 5004 too. But I found something else that I like - Panerai Pam 233 - 1950 GMT 8 days :)

KTBeamer;177751 said:
My friend has a BP but with old dial old movement. Going at good price of $13.2k SMS me 90469770 if you are keen

Keith

Thanks Keith. Still considering between BP and the Panerai GMT 8 days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back