WTF: Made in China "Zhi Nuo" BMWs May Be Exported

Re: WTF: Made in China "Zhi Nuo" BMWs May Be Exported

Doh FCUK!!

I would love a chinese made german car...so international, kindda brings me back to my roots...NOT!

What's Zhi Nuo.

Why don't call it Ni Hao or something.

No but seriously, please don't do this to my e92 :( :( :(

Interesting reactions. Finished gagging? :D

CKD (complete knocked down) assemblies have been going on in malaysia since the 80s i believe for the 3 series (in kuching). They now do the 3, 5, x1 & x3 in kulim.

http://www.autoworld.com.my/v2/news/nb_details.asp?awReviewId=3254&awCatId=RT.ATC.CAR.NW

I have visited this particular factory and walk through the assembly process. Highly automated with pre-fab pieces shipped in, components are distributed along a conveyor style sytem to be worked on by man and machine.

Compared to my visit to the proton factory in shah alam, the automation seems higher and number of steps is less. However, qc for the proton factory has now improved to higher number of checks and fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hearsay, somesay, anyhow also say, CKD can also mean getting the M6, slapping some made in Bolehland rubber tyres on, and Tah-Dah! CKD car! Woo-hooo... Malaysia My Second Home program, here I come!

The irony:

Hand made by some ang moh in italy or germany, with lots of silly QC issues= Bespoke, character, individual, got class

Assembled by machine operated by some cheena man in a rural town of china, with same QC issues= Wah lao eh, smlj QC is this?

The world is changing.

Your iPhone is mainly made in China. But you worship the phone.

Many years ago, many forumers detested the idea of South-African-produced BMWs. After so many years, it became an acceptable norm.

made in china but the price of the car is based on "made in germany" :(

wt_know;975820 said:

Why would you expect the price to drop just because its not made in germany?

wt_know said:

Cause it is designed in Germany.

But I suspect the key components like engine will still be made in Germany.

On your current ride, auto transmission is likely made in France, designed by GM. Your headlight is made in Spain.

to be honest, i couldn't care less where it's made (100%, 50%, part-by-part)
product that i'm using now from tv to washing machine to fridge to iphone to branded clothes & shoes ...
all made in China be it the brand is japanese or korean or usa or europe
i'm just hoping that the maker can pass some savings to the buyer
anyway, in spore market, car omv can go down ... but it just make it affordable for coe to go further up ... so LLPL :(

wt_know;975837 said:
to be honest, i couldn't care less where it's made (100%, 50%, part-by-part)
product that i'm using now from tv to washing machine to fridge to iphone to branded clothes & shoes ...
all made in China be it the brand is japanese or korean or usa or europe
i'm just hoping that the maker can pass some savings to the buyer
anyway, in spore market, car omv can go down ... but it just make it affordable for coe to go further up ... so LLPL :(

Then MW will complain everyone can drive bmw and his f10 not sart anymore.

Meek;975839 said:
Then MW will complain everyone can drive bmw and his f10 not sart anymore.

Having said that i dun think bmw's strategy is to lower the price. Rather the savings will go into r&d into new driving experience gadgets/features to further improve the premier lifestyle tag.

really depends ... i have seen factory

a. in spore, 3-5 people doing the job because salary is high
b. then setup a plant in china, 12-15 people doing the job because salary is sibei cheap (cheap is because the factory tekan their salary not because the worker is cheap)

and the exact word that i heard from the chinese manager ... "everyone need a job else there will be social unrest" ... so instead of fully automated any process, they prefer to semi-automated so that there are still job for human to do ... and if possible plan 1 person do 1 task ... so if there are 3 tasks can employ 3 person

Meek;975840 said:
Having said that i dun think bmw's strategy is to lower the price. Rather the savings will go into r&d into new driving experience gadgets/features to further improve the premier lifestyle tag.

wt_know;975842 said:
really depends ... i have seen factory

a. in spore, 3-5 people doing the job because salary is high
b. then setup a plant in china, 12-15 people doing the job because salary is sibei cheap (cheap is because the factory tekan their salary not because the worker is cheap)

and the exact word that i heard from the chinese manager ... "everyone need a job else there will be social unrest" ... so instead of fully automated the process, they prefer to semi-automated so that there are still job for human to do

But by doing that the company makes inroad into entering the domestic market and this may be valuable to them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hb88london

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back