• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

WTS : E34 525 front brake callipers (rebuilt), Bosch rotors, and EBC Redstuff pads

Roberto

Hi everyone,

I'm doing an upgrade on my brakes. Which means my front brakes are up for sale.

E34 525 brakes. Can fit both m20 and m50 engined cars. Both left and right rebuilt with new seals within the past 12 months (was trying to correct a problem that turned out to be my brake hoses). Single piston of course. But much better than the stock 520 brakes.

Ventilated brake discs made by Bosch. Yes Bosch indeed and it came with a 1 year warranty (now expired). Bosch makes 20 million brake discs every year, so I guess they are fine. Performance is good. Around 1 year old. Still very thick but needs to be skimmed. That's only $20 per piece. Might be better to purchase new...at ES, they cost $60/piece. The choice is yours.

EBC Redstuff front brake pads. 1 year old. Still very thick, will probably last around 50% longer than oem pads from what other users tell me. Damn expensive - US$130 with shipping for just the front pair. NO DUST. I can finally see my shiny rims now more than 2 days after a car wash. Well worth the money. Went through 3 different stock, oem and 'low dust' pads before I found these, which worked.

The combination of bigger callipers, quality skimmed discs, and clean long lasting pads with excellent street braking, means you're getting much stronger brakes for your baby. Now the E34 is a 1.6 ton tank. It set the world record for best stopping distance way back in the early 90s. I don't think that record was set with 520 brakes. :)

All of it will be delivered wherever you live sometime within the next 30 days, which is when I will be installing my new brakes.

Price for all of these excluding shipping - $300. Delivery free within Singapore.

This is a good price considering the high quality brake pads, 525 callipers, and also that the callipers do not need to be rebuilt. You've also got ventilated front brake rotors by Bosch. Price is the same even if you don't want the brake discs - since they need skimming and new ones are relatively cheap, I'm going to rate their value as zero to make life easier. Brake discs are still thick. You can inspect before purchase.

Please pm me with your number for a discussion or confirmation. Questions can be posted here and we can talk about it together.

Thanks and have a great Sunday !

Roberto

p.s. Steel brake hoses are highly recommended. They cost US$65 on ebay before shipping, for a set of 4 for all the wheels. Highly recommended - very cheap, reliable and permanent braking power, +5% at least, definitely noticeable. The first upgrade I do on any car I buy. Suggest you do these since upgrading callipers involves disconnecting the old brake hose and refreshing brake fluid, stuff you would have to do anyway, so you can save on the labour and time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixlogix
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back