X5 Recall? Anyone heard or have received notice?

JF

Hi there

Just an update. Recently car went in twice for service/check (vibration). Changed engine mounting (apparently there is a crack but I did not ask to see). Still there is some vibration in the steering ( seems more than usual) so went back for a check. Svc indicated the level is about "normal" and nothing can be done. No other issue ( such as trans mounting) detected. As I was finishing up, SA mentioned that, BTW, they have changed my drive shaft during the first service and that PML forgot to inform me. Apparently there was a recall for this recently but I did not see any notice. Said they are processing notices? Anyhow I did not really ask details as I was in a hurry in term of what was changed or what exactly was the issue.( not helpful here!!) When I got home I did some quick search and saw that there were some reports of such general recall (late 2013 in the US for drive shaft related). Breakdown seems to happen to a few cases in the 35-45 K mileage. So check it out!

Thought I share as I did not get any notice but kudos to PML for changing it when my car was in for 2 days +!

Cheers

Re: X5 Recall? Anyone heard or have received notice?

hmm.. mined only vibrates when i try to steer the wheels left or right to park or move out of the parking outs. Suspect might due to wear and tear of my wheels (275/40R20 106W Bridgestone). Both control arms were repaired and boasters replaced, still the same..:whattheh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noblehospitals
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back