Xenon for E83

henry2703

Hi Guys,

Swopped my E 90 for an E 83.

The E 83 doesn't come with Xenon and angel eye.

I am thinking of getting it retrofitted.

any recommendation on where i can get it done and roughly what price?

Prefer original parts and light casing, but if the price is a lot of difference, i won't mind 3 party parts as well.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Re: Xenon for E83

bro, I did exactly the same thing earlier ... changed my E90 to E83. In fact, I am looking to retrofit the wing mirros folding column, as this is not a standard feature ... any idea? Cheers

Hi Rosnovski,

Ha Ha.. we should get together and explore the various improvement we can do on the E83!

Anyway, just for info, in case anyone is interested.

1) I wrote an email to LTA to ask about authorized modification from Halogen Lights to HID. Some one from LTA actually called me.

According to LTA, BMW has listed PML as the authorized mechanic to do any modification to any BMW cars. So if the modification is done by PML, LTA will approve. Only PML and not anyone else.

2) I went to PMLto get a quotation on the whole installation. The total caome out to be about $7,700, inclusice of $73 for LTA inspection. This includes Left and Right Bi Xenon assembly, $2,059.41 each side, Control unit 216.14, light module 540. Installation of light and electrical 2095.96 and reprogramming 165, and of cousre, LTA inspection of $73

Given that the car is almost 3 years old, i am not exactly sure if it is worth the while to spend the money. assuming that i drive the car for another 3 years, it adds an additional 2k to my depreciation, since it is unlikely that i can recover the HID cost. And in 3 years time, i'm quite sure the next car will come with HID anyway...

FYI and my 2 cents worth...

bro, that's quite steep actually ... I'm thinking of driving the car for another 2-3 years, then change, and I am already eyeing the new X3 ... quite swee ...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hot789scom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back