Z4 with SMG or Auto?

reisa

Is having the SMG 1 option advisable on the Z4 2.5?

wad are the pros n cons..

btw, wad options n stuffz can i bargain for from the SE?

Re: Z4 with SMG or Auto?

SMG is a manual gear box with hydraulic computer controlled clutch; depending on your driving preferences, IMHO, for Z4 2.5, go with the Steptronic-auto.

LOL I have a SMG I 2.5L. I love the tranny but it does have it's quirks. Also I think only PML has the proper diagnostic capabilities for the tranny. So it really depends on how dependant you want to be on PML in the long run.

reisa said:
Is having the SMG 1 option advisable on the Z4 2.5?

wad are the pros n cons..

btw, wad options n stuffz can i bargain for from the SE?

If u dont mind the jerky feeling of SMG then it's actually very fun to drive. Besides, it's faster than normal auto box. U can also do launch control.
Having said that, SMG (not the SMGII) hasnt been that reliable. BMW has developed SMGIII for M5/M6 and future M3.....So u can perhaps hv some idea of how old that first gen SMG is and I am not sure if BMW is goin to make any improvement on it as far as reliablitly issue is concerned in the longer run.

I'd rather get Manual over SMG in this matter. Else get the autobox and retrofit paddle-shifts...

What u can bargain for from S.E ?
Not a lot ...if u hv already bargained much from the list price. Else things that you can try to ask for is the front/side/rear clears. Or perhaps multifunction steering or free upgrade to 18in wheels

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back