Zipping in a Z4

Solidgold

3 weeks since the delivery and no regrets so far. Been a torrid time trying to lay my hands on this handsome beast since last year. Many nights spent crawling around the net. Many other afternoons speaking to some of the kind folks to get tips and intel on this animal. Come to think of it, I did not get as much advise as I would have wish. The big break came and I just jumped straight into it.
Z4front.jpg

3 weeks on and I have added the wind deflector, changed the car pathetic speakers and swapped the FM antennae, tints. I am sure I am looking forward to more MODs. Juice BOX? H&R anti-roll bars? and more? Will see after I zoom pass 2000km.

Maybe I did not pay enough attention to the engine and the feel of the ride. The quick 10mins may not have done justice to really savor the car. Or maybe is the discomfort of having a bright, pretty SE chattering away and irking me around some really congested Alexandra road.

Once I have my chance to be alone with it, I really tear down the wall of acquaintance very quickly. Look wise, it was Love at first sight. I cannot say that from the N54 point of view. It felt rough. Did not get the immediate kick. DCT gearbox is smooth but did not sound melodious, Exhaust was not as bassy as I first heard it and was faint when the roof is up. Seating position was awkward with little support around my thighs.

x5andz4new.jpg

x5andz4.jpg

Yes, I wasn't "HIT". A bit disappointed too after all the anticipation. Tell myself to be patient and get it run-in properly first. A bit of self consoling is a good way to put it. I do have a E70 engine to compare against and I really do like the smoothness and the refinement I get from it. Of course, it wasn't an apple to apple comparison but the fact that I have been driving the E70 day in and out make it an instinctive reaction.

Z4back.jpg

Well, more than 20 days have passed and I am really getting the hang of it. The steering feels more right with the adjusted seats. It's ability to grip and hug the road around bends gave me enough confidence to push it harder. The top down feeling is really cool on breezy lazy Sunday night drive and the engine note is beginning to arouse me (of course with the top down). Petrol consumption is at 7.2 km/l, a far cry from what the specs claim.

I am sure I will get more joy! Every day I discover new things. Just yesterday, I realised I cannot engage reverse gear when I open my driver's door. A safety feature I suppose. I hope the post is useful for those who are contemplating to take the plunge and is too skeptical to read rav reviews from car mags and getting advise from eager car dealers.

Re: Zipping in a Z4

Nice ride! I'm sure it'll be better after your first oil change :) JB3 would probably change your opinions on the N54 :) Do you experience a little lag when shifting though?

Cheers!

Nothing to do with the oil change imo, it's a software problem :( I think BMW came out with the fix for the E92 M3 DCT but I'm not sure if they did release one for us. haha

nice ride. where did u change ur short antenna?

Someone gotta re-convince me that the new Z4 is great, cos when I test drove it, it was &^%@$%*($$%#^*&^&^$^%.

Some say its the RFTs, some say I too fat, some say DCT gearbox is not as sharp as it is said to be, others say i dunno how to handle a roadster. Or maybe its just that the test car sucked.

So anyone can gimme a taxi ride or kind to let me be a 1 min driver in the new Z4(without RFTs) and reconfrim my assessment? kekeke. Yes it does look very sexy when the top is down. From mei mei to ah mah, everyone looks at it.

Beautiful and congrats!

On my way to work this morning, I spotted a RED one with roof up turning into East Coast Park at the Lagoon entrance.....

Anyone here?

Cheers!

Ahbengdriver;516313 said:
Someone gotta re-convince me that the new Z4 is great, cos when I test drove it, it was &^%@$%*($$%#^*&^&^$^%.

Some say its the RFTs, some say I too fat, some say DCT gearbox is not as sharp as it is said to be, others say i dunno how to handle a roadster. Or maybe its just that the test car sucked.

So anyone can gimme a taxi ride or kind to let me be a 1 min driver in the new Z4(without RFTs) and reconfrim my assessment? kekeke. Yes it does look very sexy when the top is down. From mei mei to ah mah, everyone looks at it.
think ac323 can help u here. his is one of the few z4's that r on no RFT's

Solidgold;516334 said:
Got mine from Peugeot. :)
u have part number? any stock or have to indent?

Thanks.

Slater;516336 said:
u have part number? any stock or have to indent?

Thanks.

i thought you already know where to buy the short antena a few monhs back?

cheers

ac323;516361 said:
i thought you already know where to buy the short antena a few monhs back?

cheers
bro, was advised by wilman to buy from autobacs as it is cheaper. having seen it, it din look like quality was very good. trying to source for others.

this z4 compatible antenna from is worth looking at

Slater;516362 said:
bro, was advised by wilman to buy from autobacs as it is cheaper. having seen it, it din look like quality was very good. trying to source for others.

this z4 compatible antenna from is worth looking at

so far my short antenna no issue on reception......................

chers

ac323;516364 said:
so far my short antenna no issue on reception......................

chers
not sound quality bro, the shape and fitment, i reckon sound quality will be roughly the same

Stunning
Enjoy in good health....

Thanks for all those who have responded positively to the post. I am encourage to keep this thread alive and will post the following soon...Topics akan datang..

1. 2,000 oil change and now ready to whack it harder..new discoveries
2. Taking it to Kluang - one carriageway adventure. Can it handle the 100km/hr lorries head-on?
3. The Muar loops - 99 devil's turn along the coastal route.
4. Keeping up with Jones at Sepang

...of course with more pics..stay tuned :)

nice ride, keep the pics coming! how did you get the peugeot short antena from? locally? need one for my ride as well

darevo,

u cant wait for yr ride right?? keke... antenna can buy anywhere lah!!!

put up a avatar pic 1st dude...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back