Drivetrain malfunction

F30em

Hey guys I have a 2014 335i m sport manual and recently I had a drivetrain malfunction where it made my car run horrible and waste gas I ended up changing all injectors( as well as coding them), spark plugs(at proper gap and torque) and new coil packs the car runs good again which no check in BUT there would be times i drive faster and gives it some balls but have to slow back down because the drivetrain malfunction pops up but than goes away car still runs good any ideas? Should I be worried

I had my fair share of drive train faults and PML Technican says it is a general error message which needs to be diagnosed to determine what is causing it. I suspect the issue is still there and that's why the error pops up. For me, happens in between interval of 1-3 years.
1st time can't remember
2nd time fuel pump
3rd time - Ignition coil N spark plugs

but mine is low end F30 316i, if it helps

Munich Automobiles Pte Ltd
30 Teban Gardens Crescent
608927 Singapore
Web: www.alpina.sg
Phone: +65 6473 7117
Sales
E-Mail: [email protected]
Service / Aftersales

They are now another authorized BMW service shop. Managed by team of ex-PML service staff. Good service, can try them. My F30 335i data is all with them.

Munich Automobiles Pte Ltd
30 Teban Gardens Crescent
608927 Singapore
Web: www.alpina.sg
Phone: +65 6473 7117
Sales
Service / Aftersales

They are now another authorized BMW service shop. Managed by team of ex-PML service staff. Good service, can try them. My F30 335i data is all with them.
They are also same group as Performance Motors under Sime Darby right? But I believe is different teams

No they are independent. They are BMW Asia appointed dealer for Alpina only. Yes the GM was from PML before but he left PML for nearly 2 years.

For my F34 drivetrain Mulfunctioned, the car experienced terrible shaking while stationary, and lose of power during drive. My workshop changed the spark plugs and coil pack, the problem solved.

If it is still under warranty, nothing to worry about till they fix it.

Adding on to Basker888’s comments, you may also want to check the engine camshafts and chains which is a bloody ass 2.3k fix (my warranty ran out) with a external workshop.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wholesumparts

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back