1 or 3 ?

wei0306

Undecided between the 125i coupe or 325i sedan. Price is almost the same after all the discounts.

Which would you choose ?

Re: 1 or 3 ?

Assuming price is similar, OMV differences?

Depre will be higher for the 1er - resale value will be better on the 325 than the 125.

The other concern will be the aftermarket parts. The 3er will be easier to mod than the 1er. Replacement parts as well.......

325 for sure.....

325 looks like the better choice as its a 3-series afterall and higher OMV.

Why 125i can stand a chance that makes me consider ?
- Full M kit including M suspension.
- Sports seat
- Paddle Shift on Steering wheels.
- 3.0L engine
- New model, whereas the E90 will be replaced by upcoming new FL.
- ... Its still a coupe afterall.

sorry, one more point to clarify, this 325i sedan I am comparing with is the current standard model, i.e. without i-drive.

only in sg they price it about the same...in other country... no no...

imho...interior of the 3er look so much better...

325 for me... most importantly...whats the OMV difference

The OMV difference : 325i sedan is higher by about 3-4k, because the current 325i standard is the non-highline version without idrive.

For lifestyle car, PML is very hard on the price with minimum discount. 325i discount is very good, compare to the 125i coupe.

wei0306;369775 said:
The OMV difference : 325i sedan is higher by about 3-4k, because the current 325i standard is the non-highline version without idrive.

For lifestyle car, PML is very hard on the price with minimum discount. 325i discount is very good, compare to the 125i coupe.

with the huge discount, looks like PML wans to push out all the pre-FL 325i... :yikess:

depends on your use for it. the 325 sedan should have more space, but the 125 looks a little more special since it's a coupe.

Personally, I will go for the 125. I tried the 325 too and it just didn't feel very inspiring. Not that it's bad, it just didn't fit my needs. I was looking for an evening car. I loved the 125 in terms of handling and it's engine note. I liked it better than the 325coupe. the latter just felt like my sedan car.

since the 125 is a new launch, think it's hard to say what kind of resale value it will have, but i do think it's more of a lifestyle car than the 3 sedan. hopefully that means it retains value better.

If you need space, get the sedan. Otherwise go for the 125 with its 3l engine.

motorknut;369812 said:
depends on your use for it. the 325 sedan should have more space, but the 125 looks a little more special since it's a coupe.

Personally, I will go for the 125. I tried the 325 too and it just didn't feel very inspiring. Not that it's bad, it just didn't fit my needs. I was looking for an evening car. I loved the 125 in terms of handling and it's engine note. I liked it better than the 325coupe. the latter just felt like my sedan car.

since the 125 is a new launch, think it's hard to say what kind of resale value it will have, but i do think it's more of a lifestyle car than the 3 sedan. hopefully that means it retains value better.

If you need space, get the sedan. Otherwise go for the 125 with its 3l engine.

I test driven the 325 sedan too, and agree with you, it does not has the "WOW" factor, and although they have the same 218bhp, the 125i definitely felt more powerful, especially when its on manual mode. The engine note was so much different too, the sport exhaust on the 125i coupe really sweet. I specially like the paddle shift on the 125i coupe, once u tap on the paddle shift (without the need to shift the gear), the "D" mode straight away become manual mode to boost power.

haha you sound like you are more keen on the 1 series. if that's the case, just go for it. it's what you really like that is important. different people have different opinion. for me i would go for the 3 series and mod it from scratch. :) the sense of satisfaction.

wei0306 said:
Why 125i can stand a chance that makes me consider ?
- Full M kit including M suspension.
- Sports seat
- Paddle Shift on Steering wheels.
- 3.0L engine
- New model, whereas the E90 will be replaced by upcoming new FL.
- ... Its still a coupe afterall.
wei0306 said:
sorry, one more point to clarify, this 325i sedan I am comparing with is the current standard model, i.e. without i-drive.
These are the "real" factors to consider:

- Full M kit including M suspension - a plus on the kit, but as with the E46 Sports Edition, all 125 will look stock. M suspension is a plus though.
- Sports seat - huge plus
- Paddle Shift on Steering wheels - not much value-add. Can be retrofitted at a low cost.
- 3.0L engine - a minus. This is a de-tuned block. You are getting a 2.5 performance, and paying 3.0 road tax?
- New model, whereas the E90 will be replaced by upcoming new FL - when is the new E92 FL model coming out?

wei0306 said:
This inherently means that the 325 will depre less than the 125, unless the 1er has a much much higher body value.

motorknut said:
I loved the 125 in terms of handling and it's engine note. I liked it better than the 325coupe. the latter just felt like my sedan car.
+1. The handling is much better than the E92 for sure. Shorter wheelbase helps.

motorknut said:
Lifestyle car typically means higher depre on the absolute terms. This has been seen on all the cabrios.

kenntona;369882 said:
These are the "real" factors to consider:
- 3.0L engine - a minus. This is a de-tuned block. You are getting a 2.5 performance, and paying 3.0 road tax?

true on the higher tax bit, but the engine does not sound the same as the 2.5 block. it really purrs! amazing sound, so maybe worth the extra tax? depends on buyer la.

kenntona;369882 said:
Lifestyle car typically means higher depre on the absolute terms. This has been seen on all the cabrios.

Oh, i didn't know that was the case. i always thought lifestyle cars held resale value better. My sedans always get crappy buy quotes, but when u see resale prices for z4s, the price holds so well versus sedans. not sure about coupes though? but i'm speaking purely in terms of "body value", of course OMV plays a part in the depre.

I guess why you consider 325 is because of the cost factor, probably too enticing for you to say no.

I take 125 then a 325. Coupe/convertible i.e. lifestyle car has firmer resale value. Rephrasing that mean selling in the used market is kinda niche due to the limited or targeted segment.That's the flip side.

It fresh from the oven, turn my head anytime. Scarity at time mean exclusive, at least for now.

The turn off here probably is the E90 facelifted version nearing soon. IMO, this facelift is not as subtle as compared to 5 ser. If truth to be told, look at the rear light, though weird, it more streamline than the prefacelift. High chances is u will curse if you are tailgating the facelift version, those LED light is awesome.

If space is non issue here, go for the coupe.
Lastly, follow where your heart go since finance is not an issue here.

If die die muz go for 3 ser, wait for the facelift though i'm sure the pricing will be different

motorknut;369895 said:
true on the higher tax bit, but the engine does not sound the same as the 2.5 block. it really purrs! amazing sound, so maybe worth the extra tax? depends on buyer la.

Oh, i didn't know that was the case. i always thought lifestyle cars held resale value better. My sedans always get crappy buy quotes, but when u see resale prices for z4s, the price holds so well versus sedans. not sure about coupes though? but i'm speaking purely in terms of "body value", of course OMV plays a part in the depre.

The advantage of 3 ltr though not necessarily applicable in local rd text is the extra stamina. 500cc in $ and cent is not biggies but that might be a factor in resale value.

Bingo on the Z4, akin to used 7 ser thereabout, ridiculously zero logic but that's that. Coupe shd do fine as well.

I've got a feeling we are mixing E90 325 and E92 325 up...... Is E92 going through a facelift soon?

kenntona;369904 said:
I've got a feeling we are mixing E90 325 and E92 325 up...... Is E92 going through a facelift soon?

I was comparing with the 325 sedan, aka E90 from the beginning Don't think E92 is going through a FL soon. The FL is for the E90 only, early next year as told by my SE.

being selfish - pls get 325.. one less 125 owner benefits me in resale :evil:

reason why i got 125:
- too many 3s
- 3's dashboard is a turn off for me personally - seems better suited with i-drive. no i-drive looks too linear. 1's dashboard the opposite, it's designed pre-i-drive
- 1 series is a throw back to pre-bangle 3s (e36) - squarish, real compact - which was my dream car back then
- w/ simple ecu remap, i get fully-tuned 3L
- most important, it looks better overall imho - more stout/muscular. but then looks are subjectives so up to u. 1's look is polarizing - on most angles it's really a handsome bulldog, but on some other angle, it can look a bit weird
- all the other reasons already mentioned: m suspension/aero, paddle shift, sport seats

reason to get 325:
- better value (OMV, electric seat, climate control)
- more space, 2 extra doors
- 1 platform (e81/82) is actually older than e90/92

motorknut;369895 said:

+0.5 on this. It's the rarity which counts. True that cabs are relatively rare compared to sedans, but if at one time there are a LOT of cabrios on sale, then the price will collapse also.

Seems that the 1-series is not going to boomtown sales anytime soon, so it might hold its value.

Rare cabs eg. Boxster seems to hold value like a sponge.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamewin79mobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back