100K servicing

lawchan77

Hi guys,

I'm going for my 100k servicing next soon.
apart from oil change, what else is needed? ATF?

Anyone has any advice :)

Re: 100K servicing

Differential fluid, bushings, mounts, coolant, brake fluid, intake and air con filter..........

lawchan77;642933 said:
thanks bro,

the Differential fluid you refering is the ATF?
thanks.

No. The ATF is for your gearbox. The differential is located between the 2 rear tyres.

I was told the differentail oil no need to change. Where do you recomend for the workshop?

young;644009 said:
I was told the differentail oil no need to change. Where do you recomend for the workshop?

can try BOSS / BVO / J4C or R2D..........

cheers

Hello all,

Sorrie to hijack the tread.i just bought a 09 320i.Im very new to conti car so pls kindly bear wif me.

Car detail:
early 2009
omv:42k
coe:6k
buy price:$88k
mileage:125k

Now my question is i know the mileage is super high .so if im going for a major overhaul servicing?how much will it roughly cost?will 5 grand be enough?tks alot guys

evo75;649817 said:
Hello all,

Sorrie to hijack the tread.i just bought a 09 320i.Im very new to conti car so pls kindly bear wif me.

Car detail:
early 2009

Now my question is i know the mileage is super high .so if im going for a major overhaul servicing?how much will it roughly cost?will 5 grand be enough?tks alot guys

You mean overhaul engine as wel?? If major servicing confirm no need that much. By the way, your car is still less than 3 years despite of the very high mileage. Usually for such cars, the previous owners might have been driving up North very often else its very difficult to achieve 125k in 2.5 years... If driving on highways, actually should be quite ok as compared to city driving, which is more damaging to the parts and wear and tear....

I think 5k can almost buy you a good engine.....I don't think you need 5k to do major servicing. Should be much less unless you are going for engine internals but you might as well get another engine with that budget.

evo75;649817 said:
Hello all,

Car detail:
early 2009

tks guys.wat i worry is the gearbox.can BMW gearbox last?n how much will it cost for a new gearbox?

For sharing:

car model: E90, 320i
Reg date June 2007
Further 1 year warranty as car was bought from PPSL
Mileage: 92k

Sent in car for routine servicing at Alexandra PML service centre (also asked the SA to check on some parts from what I read in this forum when nearing 100k and my car's warranty due to expire next week!)

They came back and told me the following needs changing:

1. Radiator leaking
2. Starter coil faulty
3. Fuel injection pump leaking
4. Oil Gasket leaking (2nd time in 2 years)
5. Coolent hose leaking
6. Window shield motor faulty (Window cant be wind up intermittently)

I also asked them to change all the inside panels where there are paint peeling or worn out for free. Normal areas like side panels and door handles)

just for sharing in case any bros warranty ending soon. I found an excuse to send in the car for servicing and read this forum before listing down a list of things for them to check. True enough, the car is leaking all over the place.

I can't imagine if all the above problems surface next week after my warranty ended. Phew! thanks for all who have shared!!

Should be able to collect my baby tomorrow. 3 days in the dock :p

How much you eventually pay for the bill ?

In case you don't know, these faults will come back to haunt you in 3-4 years down the road :) esp oil gaskets and the radiators ;-)

Yup, but at least I managed to squeeze the warranty perks right at the very end. No charges at all for the above. Just paid the nomad engine oil change charges. Can't remember how much lah. :shakemyb:

I think mechanical parts breaking down after 3-4 years is inevitable. After you replaced those parts, you will have peace of mind for another 3-4 years. Have to accept it.

Hi all,

Any idea if can buy extended warranty and which wkshop provide such warranty?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehasingh028

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back