116D tyres and rims

victan30

Hi all,

just purchased a 116d. anyone of u here did a tyre rim upgrade to 18? just want to ask whether it will affect the speed of the car much

thanks in advance! :):)

Hi all,

just purchased a 116d. anyone of u here did a tyre rim upgrade to 18? just want to ask whether it will affect the speed of the car much

thanks in advance! :):)

Affect the speed? [emoji848]

Basically, upgrade to the correct rims won’t affect speed or your speedometer if the overall diameter is being kept as close to the orig spec.

2ndly, lightweight rims like forge wheels will help.

Happy upgrading!

oh. i thought cos the increase will be by 2inches it might cause the car to be slightly slower due to the extra weight :yummie:
anyways any rims tyre shop to recommend?
:):)

Extra weight is due to heavy rims - there are good comparable rims that are reasonable in weight. Some shops let you weigh the rims as well.

Places like Leong Seng or Ray-S are good places to check rims out. Go compare and chk out their trade-in policy. Suggest to change out before hitting 200-300km on the clock to maximize the value of the new tires that comes with the car

If you are after handling, go ahead and get 18s. But you will lose on comfort and increase in noise.

Anyway, I’m using 19s ... after awhile, immune to the increase noise and any noticeable bump.

thanks for all the input guys!
can i ask whether u all have any workshops recommended for servicing?
:chuncky::chuncky:

my warranty will expire this December. gotta look for a new workshop for servicing. any good trustworthy workshops to recommend?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
good88compink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back