116i Fuel Consumption

brian_tay

Can I ask what is your average fuel consumption for your 116i? I got my car for a week now and checked that my average fuel consumption is only about 10km/l (from the car computer). Seems like a far fetch from the sales brochure which says about 17.6km/l.

So wondering if what I'm clocking is normal (the brochure is too aggressive), or am I just too heavy footed...

Thanks!!!

Re: 116i Fuel Consumption

i just pump pertol last night. for fun i count my FC. reached 12km/L.
my is a 116i

ai drive bimmer, mai count FC.

MW Yam his 5 for shiok shiok count only.

Pocket ROI negative but heart ROI full strength.

BMW is the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. Who cares about FC when u derives sheer driving pressure.

If care about FC, i recommend Lexus CT200h.

brian_tay;910933 said:
Can I ask what is your average fuel consumption for your 116i? I got my car for a week now and checked that my average fuel consumption is only about 10km/l (from the car computer). Seems like a far fetch from the sales brochure which says about 17.6km/l.

So wondering if what I'm clocking is normal (the brochure is too aggressive), or am I just too heavy footed...

Thanks!!!
Is your ride brand new? If yes, give it sometime or after 1st oil change to 'stablised' FC (provided driving pattern and Urban/Highway driving unchange).

davidtch;910961 said:
BMW is the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE. Who cares about FC when u derives sheer driving pressure.

Haha!! 116 is a good balance between a good drive and a good fuel sipper

davidtch;910961 said:

but but but... u forgot BMW also can be Better Mileage Wah!

mine average 13km/l for 6k milage
70/30 highway/urban

i notice its abt 6-8 if fully urban
16-18 if fully highway (90-110 km/h)

cant talk abt FC here.. too many rich people.. :lol:

If u got fat n heavy rite foot like me then fc sure no gd lah. No way for gd fc n performance 2 b gd fren. Love the way my ride roar n juz look at those car frm my rear mirror makes me 4get everything. Fc or performance? I rather hv performance. Haha

I only obtain 10.9km/L. Very disappointing though.

Jus very curious how other can get 12-13Km/L.. May want to share how your guys drive to achieve such good mileage

116i Fuel Consumption

70% urban, 30% highway, Eco mode once car started, average 10.5km/l.
My friend's, 20% urban, 80% highway, Eco mode once car started, average 13.5km/l.

Derrrick Yap;911485 said:
I only obtain 10.9km/L. Very disappointing though.

Jus very curious how other can get 12-13Km/L.. May want to share how your guys drive to achieve such good mileage
Try e following to improve your FC:

1) Carry less in e boot to remove unneccessary weight e.g. Car Wash equipments
2) Have gentle right foot.
3) Avoid fast acceleration... unless 'chong chong' with 'competitor' :lol:

The next 3, very few people knows about;
4) Avoid Idling for >1min while waiting for someone. If >1min, switch off engine and start again when need to move off, u will use/burn less fuel.
5) Get a Tyre with Low Rolling Resistance and avoid tyre with High Roll Resistance. Abt 5–15% of the fuel consumed can be used/burnt just to overcome rolling resistance.
6) Top up fuel during the coolest times of the day e.g. evening, during these times fuel is densest. Keep in mind, fuel gas pumps measure volumes of gasoline, not densities of fuel concentration. Pump Station charge according to ‘volume of measurement'... so when save money also means better for FC.

Cents worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Incredible car with an even incredible FC. On Comfort mode most of the way (sometimes Sports), I'm getting about 14KM/L. Trip computer holds steady at 7.1/100KM. I'm doing 60% highways and 40% urban traffic.

I hate ECO mode, the car feels like a whale.

Baby1M;911519 said:
Try e following to improve your FC:

1) Carry less in e boot to remove unneccessary weight e.g. Car Wash equipments
2) Have gentle right foot.
3) Avoid fast acceleration... unless 'chong chong' with 'competitor' :lol:

The next 3, very few people knows about;
4) Avoid Idling for >1min while waiting for someone. If >1min, switch off engine and start again when need to move off, u will use/burn less fuel.
5) Get a Tyre with Low Rolling Resistance and avoid tyre with High Roll Resistance. Abt 5–15% of the fuel consumed can be used/burnt just to overcome rolling resistance.
6) Top up fuel during the coolest times of the day e.g. evening, during these times fuel is densest. Keep in mind, fuel gas pumps measure volumes of gasoline, not densities of fuel concentration. Pump Station charge according to ‘volume of measurement'... so when save money also means better for FC.

Cents worth.

7) Push the car instead of sitting in it

Jason8822;911562 said:
7) Push the car instead of sitting in it

not put to N when going down slope???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

There is always an equilibrium in life. To say ignore FC altogether is wishful thinking.

I too worry about FC. When I got my E60 four years back, full tank cost $80. Now it's $140 (shell 98).

But then, driving a BMW is a "feeling" thingy. You enjoy the ride. You enjoy the pickup (not necessarily spec 9 sec standard). You enjoy crusing thru the highway so smoothly, albeit just missing the threshold of 90km/h plus 15 (traffic police limit right?).

I like to floor it once in a while and hear the whizzling of the strawberry and feel the push on my back.

If I had behave properly behind the wheels, I know I could save $50 or $100 off my monthly bill.

But what is life all about?

MapleLeaf;911577 said:
There is always an equilibrium in life. To say ignore FC altogether is wishful thinking.

I too worry about FC. When I got my E60 four years back, full tank cost $80. Now it's $140 (shell 98).

But then, driving a BMW is a "feeling" thingy. You enjoy the ride. You enjoy the pickup (not necessarily spec 9 sec standard). You enjoy crusing thru the highway so smoothly, albeit just missing the threshold of 90km/h plus 15 (traffic police limit right?).

I like to floor it once in a while and hear the whizzling of the strawberry and feel the push on my back.

If I had behave properly behind the wheels, I know I could save $50 or $100 off my monthly bill.

But what is life all about?

In fact, we do have many threads on fuel consumption. They do come up so often. My take is:

like what Maple bro said what is life all about? I can always eat cheaper. why pay 3 or 4 bucks for perrier?

With that in mind, we can save a lot more if we apply the same mentality to everything in our daily life......

But we are not saying it's wrong or unnecessary to check FC just because you drive a BMW or a maserati. Just that maybe these makes are never designed with FC in mind. Maserati has about 6.xkm/l on paper, what do you think it will be in real life? =)

And also when I was driving my E60, my FC was like 7.5km/l compared to my friend 10+ just because he travelled mostly on the highway. I stayed closer to office......I spent less on fuel but higher FC in general. Haha I didn't even complain because something's got to give.

I guess in life the things we like/desire whether human or inhuman, usually costs/demands more in terms of money/effort/attention compared to the things we need just to get by.

=) Enjoy bro! Life is great for us already.Drive it and enjoy it while you still desire it =)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back