125i Owners - What is Your Petrol Consumption

Christopher Low

Hi guys,

Would like to take a poll amongst fellow 125i (e82 Coupe) owners on your petrol consumption. I average 9km/Litre of petrol. Which I think is quite pathetic. So I'm not sure whether there is something wrong with my car, or thats the norm.

Like to hear from you guys. Thanks!!!

Re: 125i Owners - What is Your Petrol Consumption

9km/l is considered good... mine never pass 7km/litre.

Mine, is about 10 to 10.5km/L. The more u halt, the more it drink.

Christopher Low;941650 said:
Hi guys,

Would like to take a poll amongst fellow 125i (e82 Coupe) owners on your petrol consumption. I average 9km/Litre of petrol. Which I think is quite pathetic. So I'm not sure whether there is something wrong with my car, or thats the norm.

Like to hear from you guys. Thanks!!!
KT4488;941986 said:
9km/l is considered good... mine never pass 7km/litre.
Goodness 7km/L seems bad IMHO.

I average 8.8km/L but mine is an E82 135i coupe, I will only average approx 7km/L if I use Sport mode. Btw my ride is not stock too.

Those with bad FC and trying to improve FC, could consider one of the following:
- try using a tyre with lower rolling resistance
- try another brand of fuel/petrol
- try a different engine oil
- try to remove excess weight in your boot
- try remapping
- try to have lighter right feet under daily driving condition

Last edited by a moderator:

Mine reads 8.4km/l on the OBC readout.

Mine has been averaging about 9.0 - 9.5km/l, but seen 10km/l at times. Notice Shell V-power gives more mileage though.

- highway/city ratio about 70-30. But highway is mostly morning CTE jams.
- 18" rim with CSC3 tires
- Powerbox
- Millers 0w30 oil

Anyone felt that petrol consumption too high, i don't mind taking over your ride if price is right, as am still looking around for a nice 125i...

AlsoCanDo;1045752 said:
Anyone felt that petrol consumption too high, i don't mind taking over your ride if price is right, as am still looking around for a nice 125i...

Best Post in YEARS!!

LOL, BMW drivers checking on fuel consumption, the in-thing.

I once measured 0-100 and FC between 4 Identical cars except that they ranged from stock 17" wheels to 19/20".

Difference in FC was around 3km/l and for 0-100 almost 3 secs measured by proper equipment.

125i Owners - What is Your Petrol Consumption

opvaulet;1045856 said:
I once measured 0-100 and FC between 4 Identical cars except that they ranged from stock 17" wheels to 19/20".

Difference in FC was around 3km/l and for 0-100 almost 3 secs measured by proper equipment.

Changing to 14" rims now! Watch out for my 0-100 in 5s and MWTG Breytons threads!

Just got my 125i, currently running on second tanks of 95Ron, average 8km/l on 215F/245R wear-out tyres,
5-6Krpm daily once or twice or more.... still learning how to drive this car...

opvaulet;1045856 said:

0-100 almost 3 sec differences because of rim size and rim's weight differences? Disllusional or there has to be a big error somewhere...

Please prove me wrong, ask the fastest 125i to match 0-100 with my ride... then maybe it may also prove if the 'proper equipment' is faulty or someone misread the figures. I only shaved ~0.30sec of the official 0-100 on my ride (using full auto, not manual) with stock 'M-Sports rim' and tuning adding approx 50hp and 75Nm.

If 1st para is true, WTH is F1 doing with all e high tech R&D? Might as well do up a better rim.

Last edited by a moderator:

Some of the posts in this thread cracked me up.....

Baby1M;1063660 said:
I only shaved ~0.30sec of the official 0-100 on my ride (using full auto, not manual) after adding approx 50hp and 75Nm with stock 'M-Rims'.

What, rims can add horsepower and torque?? :nehnehhh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back