18” Rim To 22” Rim on F10

Guys,

Your thought please for pros and con for the switch? Thinking about upgrading but not too sure whether really worth it for 2K investment.

Thank You.

Off the cuff: you will need to install spacers, and possibly have to modify the fenders as well as the wheel arch.

Will also pose potential danger for your car, rim & suspension as it will be on super low profile tyres (i.e. 265/15 front and 295/10 rear).

IMHO - 22" are way too big for the F10. 21 would be the furthest you should take it.

Guys,

Your thought please for pros and con for the switch? Thinking about upgrading but not too sure whether really worth it for 2K investment.

Thank You.
Awesome thread title! Caught my eye immediately!:eek:

U mean theres some one who said that it would fit and u got a quote for 2k? Can share the wheel and tire that they recommend?

For-bragging rights,2k sounds cheap to me:Biggrin:.

Against-additional wear and tear on your suspension system like Tezzared mentioned...

Mind if i ask who or what influenced u to do it? Really hope you would reply.....

Strange enough that he said no modification needed. Although he admit that it might be too big for my F10. The only reason that I would like to change is due to my stock rim had quite substantial kerb rashes which doesn’t look nice. It’s Vertini Concave (used) and the tyre is 265/30/22. Will this set be quieter, comfortable etc...

Strange enough that he said no modification needed. Although he admit that it might be too big for my F10. The only reason that I would like to change is due to my stock rim had quite substantial kerb rashes which doesn’t look nice. It’s Vertini Concave (used) and the tyre is 265/30/22. Will this set be quieter, comfortable etc...

The tyre profile he is giving you is too high. This will seriously mess up your F10 - almost certain that you will rub your wheel arch if you do not put in wheel spacers. Plus it should be staggered (i.e. should not be same for front and rear).

IMHO - I would suggest you question the seller's credibility and knowledge.

Quieter-No,don't tik so
More comfortable-No,dun tik so
If u really must do it...U need to lower it too else it'll look weird coz there would be a huge gap between the rubber and the fender..after all my crap,i strongly suggest u don't do it...

BMW8-1.jpg

Here's how it looks on an F10. Quite disproportionate if I am to be honest. Not enough wheel space from arch to wheel.

Yes...the tire profile is too high too so u dun not need to lower:D

Calculation for tire wall=0.3x265=79.5
Total diameter of proposed wheel=(79.5x2)+(22x25.4)=717.8

usual is 275/35/19 which will be=
0.35x275=96.25
Usual diameter of wheel will be
(96.25x2)+(19x25.4)=675.1

This would mean that the proposed setup tire+wheel would be 717-675=42mm or 4cm. More than the usual setup. I tik it will rub the fenders and a couple of other things too

That means the tire setup proposed by the seller is 4cm more than the stock..

Tezzared,back me up here please.

Yes...the tire profile is too high too so u dun not need to lower:D

Calculation for tire wall=0.3x265=79.5
Total diameter of proposed wheel=(79.5x2)+(22x25.4)=717.8

usual is 275/35/19 which will be=
0.35x275=96.25
Usual diameter of wheel will be
(96.25x2)+(19x25.4)=675.1

This would mean that the proposed setup tire+wheel would be 717-675=42mm or 4cm. More than the usual setup. I tik it will rub the fenders and a couple of other things too

That means the tire setup proposed by the seller is 4cm more than the stock..

Tezzared,back me up here please.

Bro - i think you backed me up more than the reverse.

Mine's on 20", apart from looking nice, its hurting on comfort and roughness because of the low profile. Feel like downgrading to 18' .... or am I getting old?:Dozey:

Mine's on 20", apart from looking nice, its hurting on comfort and roughness because of the low profile. Feel like downgrading to 18' .... or am I getting old?:Dozey:

I was tempted by the idea of 19s to be completely honest.

Until I "buah" my driver rear wheel a couple of times against the (stupid) high kerb in my MSCP a couple of times - and found no rim scuff damage that I am happy to keep my 18s.

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debet39com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups