18inch wheels

Hey guys, the car had a JB reg, owner prob had the original wheels taken from someone else too, so no big deal :thumbsup: 8)

I would not attach too much credibility to Steel Blue's statements. He sounds too incredible to believe. Hey, wasn't he supposed to be a PML technician? Seems like he just got fired (i.e. go check out his Profile now).... :thinking:

Bro Black Spider,

So, where can I get teh CSL replica in singapore? And how much will a set cost? Am just like u, currently still sitting on my 16" original and shopping for a set of cool 18" rims.
Thanks

Chuckky

They definitely have the CSL replicas at Hurry Tyre along Bukit Timah Rd, and at Autovox (who are now at Lok Yang Way). I have also seen the Taiwan version (it's a different colour, darker and more polished look) at Leong Seng at Ubi.

They cost about $350 per wheel for the Italian made ones, and about $280 per wheel for the Taiwan ones. The tyres are quite expensive tho, altho' if you are fine with Advan Neovas, or Pirelli P Dragons, you may be able to get the 225/40-18 tyres at S$250 per piece. Any cheaper will have to depend on your bargaining skills and "connections" (if any)....

All in, you are looking at paying between $2,300-2,400. :|

Thanks for the information, I will check it out!
I read somewhere that these Italian rims makers also supply OEM wheel to BMW. Hopefully, the quality is just as good.
:laughlik: :laughlik: :laughlik:

Hi Spyer,

I have recently acquired a E46 318i valuetronic with 16".
Let me know how the ride feels after you change. having the same concerns as you whether to change to 17" or 18".

Hey, anyone knows in term of weight and make, which is better fit for E46? Harmann, ACS or BBS rims?

Zen

Hi,

After much thought and deliberation, I decided to go for 17s. Especially when a very good opportunity arose for me to obtain a practically brand new set of wheels (original BMW) from someone who was uprating to 18s upon taking delivery of his new BMW 330 cabrio last week.

I have yet to fit the 17s on yet (hopefully this can be done tomorrow), but I reckon they should make little difference in terms of the ride. I anticipate an increase in fuel consumption though.

Will let you know if I feel any difference in the ride/handling.

Just remember to align the wheels approx a week after you fix those rims....

and why need to align huh? askin bcos i just change to an 18 inch rims. and didn't do the align

You'll need to align the wheels cos whenenever you up-size or down-size, the setting will all go out. I've had the experience of getting my tyres wearing out more on the inside as a result of not doing this. Anyway I've been told to this by the more experience guys in this forum. You can go to any tyre shop with the machine to do this.

Cheers

Hi guys,

Saw that in the specs of the rims, there are RA and FA.

Does it mean that we can choose tyres sizes between the stated dimensions? The front and back need not be same?? Any implications?
how to know which tyre width/profile size to choose?

any hints??

zen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ww88atcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back