19" staggered, what kpa for your tyre?

Re: 19" staggered, what kpa for your tyre?

250kpa front and 290kpa rear...with PSS tyres...sure comfort and quiet...

I think it depends on your load and speed. Higher load and higher speed need higher pressure. Can check out the recommended tyre pressure by BMW printed at the inside of the driver's door

Front 285, rear 305. All working temp.

It should be a range, dependent on:

(1) tyre brand - compound, sidewall, flex
(2) load
(3) car's torque - a 335 might not wanna be as inflated as a 318.*
(4) suspension setup

* And yes, the 335 would want the rear to be less inflated than front

I suggest you try from a higher end and adjust it on a weekly basis.

How come front more than the back ?

kenntona;921958 said:
It should be a range, dependent on:

(1) tyre brand - compound, sidewall, flex
(2) load
(3) car's torque - a 335 might not wanna be as inflated as a 318.*
(4) suspension setup

* And yes, the 335 would want the rear to be less inflated than front

I suggest you try from a higher end and adjust it on a weekly basis.

Red_Bean_Bun said:
How come front more than the back ?

RWD (+ staggered). Grip comes from rear.

kenntona;921977 said:
RWD (+ staggered). Grip comes from rear.

The recommended tire pressure for my e93 335, the rear is more than the front. I wouldn't deviate too far from BMW's recommended tire pressure....

In fact, for all my prev RWD car, the rear tyre pressure has always been more than the front.... never seen rear less than front except perhaps in FWD...

** And oh yes, mine is 19" staggered too....

Last edited by a moderator:

That's up to you.

Like I've said, too many variables. Some do not floor their cars and slip the tyres.

My advice stays the same - try and adjust the pressures and feel it for yourself.

This is my first RWD ride, i always worry over steer when cornering, slip too much when floor from stationary. I am mostly alone w/o load, I don't need a high pressure on my rear tyres.

I am not worry about the front, as front weight is fix, but rear depend whether with/without load. I start to play with different pressure on rear to feel how my car behave when cornering, I start to push it at a corner which I use to play. Push it to the max till I feel the car is slipping/drifting out. From there I know what pressure on rear that I would like to have.

Too high pressure on rear give you surprise once it skid......you also can reduce/play with the rear damping if your are on after market Coilover. Or adjust the ARB setting on the front & rear to cater your requirement.

Just my 0.02 cents

Ct13 said:
I am not worry about the front, as front weight is fix, but rear depend whether with/without load. I start to play with different pressure on rear to feel how my car behave when cornering, I start to push it at a corner which I use to play. Push it to the max till I feel the car is slipping/drifting out. From there I know what pressure on rear that I would like to have.

Too high pressure on rear give you surprise once it skid......you also can reduce/play with the rear damping if your are on after market Coilover. Or adjust the ARB setting on the front & rear to cater your requirement.

Just my 0.02 cents

+1,000,000 !!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noblehospitals
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back