19" wheels

watten

Contemplating to change stock 18" original Rims for BMW 525. Wish to consult brothers here
A) will the ride more harsh significantly? Will I still enjoy comfort and
Quietness of a BMW? I still wish to maintain a reasonable comfortable luxury ride
B) I presume weight will be offset by using lighter rims and non rft
C) in future how much costlier between 19 and 18. Rough gauge 500 or more?
D) should use replica or original? any recommendation in models and which workshop is reasonable in price and has wide range?

Thanks in advance

Re: 19" wheels

hi,

I did some research on this too, from 18" to 19"...
Just the same tyre make for comparison, wider/lower profile tyres for 19" as expected, about 1K+ more for 4 tyres changes. If you change your tyres every 2+ years, then about $500+/yr.

watten;629706 said:
Contemplating to change stock 18" original Rims for BMW 525. Wish to consult brothers here
Quietness of a BMW? I still wish to maintain a reasonable comfortable luxury ride
D) should use replica or original? any recommendation in models and which workshop is reasonable in price and has wide range?

Thanks in advance

Definitely harsher and more than likely slower unless you make it up with really light tyres and rims.......

watten;629706 said:

Thanks in advance

Hi Watten,

Get those 19"... E60 needs bigger shoes to look better... yours is a 525 and u like comfort n luxury ride then go for better comfort tires lor... go Hurry or Leong Seng to check it out... MTL! ;p

20" looks the best on E60..........

'The Great White'

pongster;629754 said:
Hi Watten,

Get those 19"... E60 needs bigger shoes to look better... yours is a 525 and u like comfort n luxury ride then go for better comfort tires lor... go Hurry or Leong Seng to check it out... MTL! ;p

you on 20ins then ask people to use 19ins???

MTL
cheers

Hi Watten,

May I ask which stock 18" you're on currently? Style 135 M-sport or 124 staggered?

Cheers!

Jialat,I don't know what style. It's 7 spokes semi thick and oem for 525. I also don't know how to attach photo here

Hi Bro,

Can try top93 sports rim and tyre at paya ubi blk 51 #01-07 can call ah yang 97220093 or Damian 98751996

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnrgloballogistics
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back