1971 Toyota Celica With Honda S2000 Powertrain

Mockngbrd

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
source: carscoop.com

:woowooo: :woowooo: :woowooo: :woowooo: :woowooo: :woowooo:

We just love first generation Toyota Celicas for their rear-wheel drive layout and for their clean, sexy looks. And this 1971 Celica must be one of the best examples we’ve seen lately. Koich, the car’s owner, not only restored this classic Japanese coupe but he took things a bit further by completely upgrading the Celica’s mechanics. Under the near stock exterior, this beautiful “Japanese Sleeper” is equipped with a Honda S2000, F20C inline 4-cylinder engine which produces 243 Hp @ 8,300 rpm and 153 ft·lbf (208 Nm) of torque @ 7,500 rpm. The engine is matted to the S2000’s 6-speed manual gearbox.

Other mechanical upgrades include the new suspension with AE86 aftermarket goodies and the high-performance brakes with Wilwood calipers. Inside, Koichiro threw most of the Celica’s stock components installing a 10pt roll cage, Sparco bucket seats and a Honda S2000 digital instrument cluster along with AEM ECU and serial gauges. We don’t know how the Celica drives, but we’re more than tempted to find out.

Thanks for the tip Toni!

Re: 1971 Toyota Celica With Honda S2000 Powertrain

hahaha, now THEY were fun cars, everyone wanted one.

My uncle had one..he maintained it all the way until a few years ago when he scrapped it...very cool car

My dad drove me to school 30yrs ago with this car :)

lucky u... i had to earn a car myself, nv had the luxury of a car....haha

Do u tink anyoone selling this car in SG?..looking for one but very hard to find....pls pm me if any. thanx.

i practice on my Yamaha R6 to much thats y forget to come here..heheh..saw a toyota celica ST1800...bring back the classic in me. now i looking for one again...hehehhe. u help me find can?

I think this car is even more difficult to get than a Beemer Cabrio,

think there are a couple in good conditions running around in singapore. So darn cool

My cousin drives a red one here in SG. Don't think he's selling it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky88com1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back