1st Nissan GT-R in SG!!!

Re: 1st Nissan GT-R in SG!!!

Ok, whoever went to view this 1st GT-R in Singapore.... can you please post more pics here?

Can't wait to see the new Godzillas on the road!

WAH LAU... So few photos... More photos or BAN!

Hehe!

iScoupe;280800 said:
keke... bro i prefer ur ex-ride la... orh lu lu 7ser better for me..

bro, if u getting the GTR, must buy all this cool stuffs.. swee swee!!

hackzi;280803 said:
Ok, whoever went to view this 1st GT-R in Singapore.... can you please post more pics here?

Can't wait to see the new Godzillas on the road!

hackzi, no point taking additional photos cos it looks just like the photos I have posted before. I wouldn't be able to do justice to the car anyway with my crappy phone camera.

Anyway, dragged the wife and father in law for my Christmas chores and "dropped by" First Automobile as an intermediate stop ;) Also, as it turned out, I actually know Patrick from First :) Thanks for allowing me to view the car, bro!! ps I already sent the info to yr email.

While the car is exactly like the photos suggest, I think the impact of seeing it in the flesh is still quite an experience. It's hard to really imagine how big this car is from the photos.

But in the showroom.. it really dwarfed the 997C2S sitting next to it.

Overall, the car looks big, menacing and muscular.

The 20" rims are incredibly huge covering barely the 350mm rotors and huge monoblock brake calipers.

Boot space is surprisingly deep and quite large, but it requires you to lift stuff over the tail to put things in. Definitely more storage space than the Porker next to it.

The door handle ala Aston is a neat feature and the keyless entry/start is of great convenience (I am so used to it now in my current ride that I find using a key quite an annoyance).

Seeing the GT-R logo light up on the MFD as the engine rumbled to life.. sent shivers down my spine. The DSG whine is a little disconcerting and out of character, and as the engine idles, the exhaust rumble wasn't as loud as I expected. Nothing an aftermarket system couldn't fix, I guess

I have read almost contradictory reports of the interior. Some claim it is as good as most conti rides. Some say it feels cheap. I guess the reality is somewhere in the middle.

The build quality is comparable to the Merc C class I was in a couple of months ago. Well put together but like the Merc, some of the plastics feel a bit cheap. The MFD jog wheel felt just like any other Japanese control knob I have ever used. In comparison, my father in law's GTI's volume control knob has this slightly better tactile feel (plastic with metal trim around the edge). But I think that's really trying to find fault.

Rest of the car was good. Gearknob was solid, and the whole dashboard display looked very good. The leather stitching is about as good as what I saw in the Cayman S test drive unit.

The best part IMHO is the steering wheel. It is a lot smaller than I expected from the pics. The whole thing feels just right in my hands. The F1 pedals also felt very sturdy and very well put together.

There are 2 separate locks for reach and height adjustment, which allows you to get an exact fit for the car. Inside, I was quite surprised that visibility, especially the rear quarters was pretty good. Even better than a DC5R and the Celica Gen 7.

ps as for rear seat room, forgetaboutit. Even with my wife in a comfortable position, there's barely any space left for a rear passenger. Maybe for short distances, some compromise could be reached, but if you want a real 2+2, go with the M3.

Thanks bro, so nice to see you again after so many years! :) No one should doubt your review. Everything you described is right on.

Got the info in my email. Thanks, I owe you one. Let me know when you are free, we'll meet for coffee.

DoggieHowser;281009 said:
hackzi, no point taking additional photos cos it looks just like the photos I have posted before. I wouldn't be able to do justice to the car anyway with my crappy phone camera.

Anyway, dragged the wife and father in law for my Christmas chores and "dropped by" First Automobile as an intermediate stop ;) Also, as it turned out, I actually know Patrick from First :) Thanks for allowing me to view the car, bro!! ps I already sent the info to yr email.

While the car is exactly like the photos suggest, I think the impact of seeing it in the flesh is still quite an experience. It's hard to really imagine how big this car is from the photos.

But in the showroom.. it really dwarfed the 997C2S sitting next to it.

Overall, the car looks big, menacing and muscular.

The 20" rims are incredibly huge covering barely the 350mm rotors and huge monoblock brake calipers.

Boot space is surprisingly deep and quite large, but it requires you to lift stuff over the tail to put things in. Definitely more storage space than the Porker next to it.

The door handle ala Aston is a neat feature and the keyless entry/start is of great convenience (I am so used to it now in my current ride that I find using a key quite an annoyance).

Seeing the GT-R logo light up on the MFD as the engine rumbled to life.. sent shivers down my spine. The DSG whine is a little disconcerting and out of character, and as the engine idles, the exhaust rumble wasn't as loud as I expected. Nothing an aftermarket system couldn't fix, I guess

I have read almost contradictory reports of the interior. Some claim it is as good as most conti rides. Some say it feels cheap. I guess the reality is somewhere in the middle.

The build quality is comparable to the Merc C class I was in a couple of months ago. Well put together but like the Merc, some of the plastics feel a bit cheap. The MFD jog wheel felt just like any other Japanese control knob I have ever used. In comparison, my father in law's GTI's volume control knob has this slightly better tactile feel (plastic with metal trim around the edge). But I think that's really trying to find fault.

Rest of the car was good. Gearknob was solid, and the whole dashboard display looked very good. The leather stitching is about as good as what I saw in the Cayman S test drive unit.

The best part IMHO is the steering wheel. It is a lot smaller than I expected from the pics. The whole thing feels just right in my hands. The F1 pedals also felt very sturdy and very well put together.

There are 2 separate locks for reach and height adjustment, which allows you to get an exact fit for the car. Inside, I was quite surprised that visibility, especially the rear quarters was pretty good. Even better than a DC5R and the Celica Gen 7.

ps as for rear seat room, forgetaboutit. Even with my wife in a comfortable position, there's barely any space left for a rear passenger. Maybe for short distances, some compromise could be reached, but if you want a real 2+2, go with the M3.

firstautomobile;281039 said:
Thanks bro, so nice to see you again after so many years! :) No one should doubt your review. Everything you described is right on.

Got the info in my email. Thanks, I owe you one. Let me know when you are free, we'll meet for coffee.

Heh, have a few friends who want to come on down tomorrow to have another look see. ps any places to park nearby? It's sooo congested there.

Thanks for the FR, Doggie! The force is weak......

So, FirstAutoMobile... how much are you selling the GT-R and what's the OMV? PM me if not convenient to post. By the way, how long more will the car be at your showroom available for viewing? I'm thinking of popping by tomorrow to take a look.

went to see the car today... :drool: the engine was on & the touch screen damn chio with all the technical readings & graphs... the 285/35/20 tyres ! !
almost perfect. But again is a NIssan, confirm will piss off alot cars on the road from 0-100 ! including ferrari etc. $320K worth?

got cheaper version...
Nissan Sunny also GTR - Getting Terrible Ride

Great! Get your friends to look for me. We'll try to clear the cars right in front of our showroom but response has been overwhelming and we've got lots of pple coming down..

Alternative parking are available at

1) Temple next to Yin Foh Kuan

Directions: After turning into Commonwealth Carmall, turn LEFT & head straight through the gates, there are proper parking lots in front of the temple

See Star Indicator on Map

2) In front of Block 113 ("free") or Block 31 Holland Close
Although not indicated in the map, there are HDB parking lots in front of Block 113. You can park there and enter through the side gate of the carmall, parking lots here are closest to our showroom

See Star Indicator on Map

Hope the above helps. If you have any problems finding the above places, just call me at 9100-6987. :)

Patrick
First Automobile

DoggieHowser;281072 said:
Heh, have a few friends who want to come on down tomorrow to have another look see. ps any places to park nearby? It's sooo congested there.

Went to see the car on Sunday ysteday..simply beautiful...so no pics but my mate took some pics ..

The owner of the car happened to be there as well , he started the engine..sounds very smooth that V6 and it's pretty quiet at idling even in the cold start and we were in the showrm.

Stunning machine! Now where is fooking money?

So true...brand aside but when u consider the following 0-100 timing & price.

• Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 - 3.7 Seconds (Cost: S$1.2 million)
• Porsche 911 Turbo - 3.7 Seconds (Cost: S$640,000)

The GT-R - 3.5 secs @ $300k+++ is a steal

I've been asking "where's the money" myself since the car arrived. Worst still, I drool looking at the car everyday. I can't wait for my maiden ride with my cust when I deliver the GT-R to him. :)

Btw, be careful of water puddles in my showrm. heehee. :)

iScoupe;281138 said:
went to see the car today... :drool: the engine was on & the touch screen damn chio with all the technical readings & graphs... the 285/35/20 tyres ! !
almost perfect. But again is a NIssan, confirm will piss off alot cars on the road from 0-100 ! including ferrari etc. $320K worth?

300k is what some lexus costs too ;) but I know where'd I put my moolah.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubmobi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back