1st servicing and engine oil change

Re: 1st servicing and engine oil change

Slater;509743 said:
must bring service booklet these days? was never given one. all stored in PML's computer. i usually go down empty handed.

For me, I found my service booklet in the thick leather casing which contains all the other booklets.
I think they tailor according to the owner's preference. For you, they put pawn :D :lol::nehnehhh:

C3P0;509761 said:
For me, I found my service booklet in the thick leather casing which contains all the other booklets.
I think they tailor according to the owner's preference. For you, they put pawn :D :lol::nehnehhh:
i have that too. ohhh, u mean its there all this while? hehe. its all computer documented for me. haha

no pawn leh!

hi i driving e60 523. if i want to get the engine oil is it getting the 0w 40? and if i buy my own engine oil how much pml to charge ? thank

loh_jeff;509940 said:
hi i driving e60 523. if i want to get the engine oil is it getting the 0w 40? and if i buy my own engine oil how much pml to charge ? thank

I called PML and they told me you can use 0w30 or 0w40 (should be same for all models). They also told me that I could bring my own oil and pay only the labour cost which is S$55.

Hi all,

i'm a first-time bimmer owner.
Currently driving a 318i.
I'm rather confused as to when is an appropriate time for my 1st oil change.
Its stated 12K km on the OBC.
Should i be a little kiasu and change the oil earlier or stick to the recommended 12K km?
Please advice dear gurus.

Thanks.

Any recommendation for Engine oil for 2000 km change? Mobil ONE, Shell Helix or OWS? Understand that for Turbo engine, better to get thicker synthetic engine old for more protection and reduce the chance of over-heating...any advise?

my car's frist time oil change is at 10k, now it is 18k and i am going to change oil again with PML tomorrow. I read somewhere the average oil change for cars is 10k with full synthetic lubes. But if you drive a lot in the city (i.e. stop and go very often due to jam, traffic lights), it is recommended to change a bit early. if you are reaching 8k or 9k, why not giving a treat to your beloved ride before CNY??

Cheers!

dtcars;512168 said:
my car's frist time oil change is at 10k, now it is 18k and i am going to change oil again with PML tomorrow. I read somewhere the average oil change for cars is 10k with full synthetic lubes. But if you drive a lot in the city (i.e. stop and go very often due to jam, traffic lights), it is recommended to change a bit early. if you are reaching 8k or 9k, why not giving a treat to your beloved ride before CNY??

Cheers!

Same same. First change by previous owner at 9k, I changing next week at 18k.

dear all, just back from PML at Alexendar. Besides engine oil change ($220), the guy also suggested me to change microfilters. May I know what microfilter is on BMW? is it the filter for the air-intake for the Engine? or is it the filter for Air-con in the cabin? I opted it out cuz it is about $200 which i think it is a bit over-priced? how do you all think?

cheers!

dtcars;512386 said:
dear all, just back from PML at Alexendar. Besides engine oil change ($220), the guy also suggested me to change microfilters. May I know what microfilter is on BMW? is it the filter for the air-intake for the Engine? or is it the filter for Air-con in the cabin? I opted it out cuz it is about $200 which i think it is a bit over-priced? how do you all think?

cheers!

Air filter is for air intake. KNN....sorry K&N is one of the brand.

How about I change aircon microfilter for you? I can do it for $100 - half price of Eng Soon. Swee boh?

Ok la, joking la.
Eng Soon sells < $60 for my E46. Call them and check the price for your E87. Then buy from them and DIY. Confirm cheaper than PML, if not I tok.

After reading this, I went to check on the scheduled mileage for my first oil change.
It states 6k where my current mileage is 4k after 4 months.

Wonder why mine is so early while rest I have seen are 10ks, 12ks etc....
Dun understand. Guess I will just have to follow the computer setting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bet88institute

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back