• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

2.5yrs and only 14000km

2.5yrs and only 14000km

• Yes - coz i have seen it or i am a good example

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - i smell a fish

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dchiew

:thinking:

to bimmer drivers... i am looking around for a 2nd hand but after reading all the possible things of tweaking ODO, i like to hear your views on whether it is reasonable to believe a car that is 2.5 yrs only has 14,000 km on ODO. Started a poll.

Re: 2.5yrs and only 14000km

dchiew;503381 said:
:thinking:

to bimmer drivers... i am looking around for a 2nd hand but after reading all the possible things of tweaking ODO, i like to hear your views on whether it is reasonable to believe a car that is 2.5 yrs only has 14,000 km on ODO. Started a poll.
ask for service history and check with workshop. if owner is clean shldnt have a problem providing those stats.

thanks Slater, this ride is supposed to be fully serviced by PML, may i ask what is the normal interval for a BMW? i driving a japanese car which is like 1000, 10000, 20000...

appreciate it!

dchiew;503386 said:
thanks Slater, this ride is supposed to be fully serviced by PML, may i ask what is the normal interval for a BMW? i driving a japanese car which is like 1000, 10000, 20000...

appreciate it!

Hi dchiew,

12000km...................

cheers

I think it's possible, either it's a 2nd car or owner hardly uses it, mayb a wkend car or perhaps out of town most of the time. Best it's to look at the service logbook like wat Slater said.

Personally my 5 yr-old car jus barely hit 70000km when I traded in, bearing in mind I actually need to run ard during my work. But I'm like out of the country for averaging 3mths each year.

Cheers

Depending on what car, I would say its definitely possible. There are people with multiple cars at home and they only drive each of them once in a while. There are people who travel alot and half the time their cars are sitting at home. I myself only have one ride and I clock like 8k-9k km a year.

That said, having the full service records do give some assurance.

thanks ac323. so every 12000 km for servicing... ok then the worst down side is i "lose" 10000km (max) on the ODO if previous owner is diligent on the service.

thanks everyone for responding

yes possible... i know of a friend...whom his 6 year old e class... just got his first servicing.... 6000km

and yes..its in SG..multiple cars... until he forgot he own the car...

my friend 4 yr old mercedes got brand new car smell still.... until the smell turn musky...coz seldom use..one year at most use 2000-3000km only

dchiew;503386 said:

appreciate it!
rule of thumb is 10k, 20k, 30k.

just call PML, speak to service advisor and ask what is the history of this car and milleage they last clocked when the car came in. shld be able to decifer from there.

go for the bimmer!

Mine 3 years, almost hitting 10,000K this morning. Need to work harder.

ACS6;503443 said:
thats ridiculous low! batmobile used only for special missions?

Coz most of the time flying, wheels never touch ground so ODO never clock.

Haiz...but frequent flyer points alot. Count as mileage?

ACS6;503449 said:

hehe. not good to leave car ilding too much. rev it man!

Trust me, she's been with me to the redline many times...

ACS6;503449 said:

buy for me ticket with ur frequent flyer points....

definitely possible!

i once heard of this F355 spider

14 yrs old

1 owner, 3,000km

now, is that a garage queen or what!

so like the rest of the bros said, it really depends on what car
if its a weekend car, a daily drive etc.....

the most expensive the car, the lower the mileage, all else equal....

Have seen plenty of supercars with mileage under 10,000km pass their 3rd year.

also depends on where you stay and where you work and how often you drive to work.

ACS6;503443 said:

u take bus to work is it? hee

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33win108

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back