2004 520 E60 toot sound

Just got this 2nd hand 520 and have encounter this sympthom of having 3 short toot and 1 long toot sound, like toot, toot, toot, toooooot. This sound come on only once per trip and it happen anytime within a new trip, no pre-detrmine time. No errors seen on the computer but I just feel uncomfortable with this toot sound. The sound is not the same as the sound when a display is shown.

Anyone got this before and can advice.

Thanks
Kongemania

Re: 2004 520 E60 toot sound

i also just got this problem about 2 weeks ago.. i didnt see any other problem..i think its some kind of software error..im too lazy to go PML about this..and it happen so randomly and its difficult to show them what exactly is the problem.....

sounds like a time bomb :laughlik:

Thanks, Dude.
So I am not alone with the problem. Wonder how many toot toot bimmer having this problem. Will try to get PML for a check and let you know if they find anything wrong.

Hms... I'm so darn glad to know that I'm also not alone with this freakin' irritating problem... somehow this TOOT! TOOT! TOOOOOOOT!!! sound only appears in the 520i, my Z4 and X5 does not seem to have this problem... I wonder wad can BMW do to assist us against this retarded homin device that I gave up. =.="

Well.... I guess that the only solution is we sell our prized 520i to other great samaritians... but it would be hard to find another BMW that would replace the 520i. I personally feel that the 5 series are above the 3 and 7 series. The 520i is fierce with brute force, neither as elegant [ku-niang] as the 7 series nor as classy [cheapskate] as the 3 series. It is a good combination of both 3 and 7 series, in addition, adding mighty ferocious power into it. I simply LOVE it, nothing could furthermore compare to this delightfully GREAT car. I'm sure all 5 series owners would gladfully agree with me about this treasure.

i am starting to get pissed of this sound...do let me know what PML said about them... my car starting to give me weird problems... sometimes when i park... the right hand side of my head and rear lights can light up by itself...wth.. im just too lazy to go to PML...they will take forever identifying the problem..:furious:

I also have problems with the lights but not in a parking scenario as yours. Mine happened like occasionally when I drive, there are no lights on, or either they are very dim. As lazy as you, I hope our dear troubled friend, Kongemania™ would gladly help us check out with PML about this irritating sound. It must be a bug in the software, from my point of view.

in case you have not checked this.. just wondering if the sound comes from the clock?
check if the time memo option in the i-drive is ticked... if it is just untick it.

here is the i -menu hierrachy...
i menu - display settings - time - hour memo
untick the box... the hourly chime will be disabled

Oohs.... icic.... I will go check it out if the problem lies with the clock. Btw zag do you have the same problem as us troubled owners of the 520i E60?

BMW™ said:
Oohs.... icic.... I will go check it out if the problem lies with the clock. Btw zag do you have the same problem as us troubled owners of the 520i E60?

not sure what problems/troubles you referring to.. probably you can list them here and let me see if i have had dealt with them before.. i have had the e60 coming to 2.5 years now being the pioneering batch here in sg back in late 2003.

Basically as you can see from the forum topic, we are rather concerned about the irritating beeping noise. i personally have checked it out. Nothing to do with the Speed Limit, Seatbelt Alert or Door Safety, the sound goes like this, "Toot! Toot! Tooooooooooooooooooooot!", but my 520i's monitor shows no alerts or wad so ever. I'm so sick of this frustrating nonsensical psychologically retarded beeping noise that I practically gave up and turn to this forum for further asssistance. Glad that you are willing to give suggestions and help zag. :)

BMW™ said:
Basically as you can see from the forum topic, we are rather concerned about the irritating beeping noise. i personally have checked it out. Nothing to do with the Speed Limit, Seatbelt Alert or Door Safety, the sound goes like this, "Toot! Toot! Tooooooooooooooooooooot!", but my 520i's monitor shows no alerts or wad so ever. I'm so sick of this frustrating nonsensical psychologically retarded beeping noise that I practically gave up and turn to this forum for further asssistance. Glad that you are willing to give suggestions and help zag. :)

oic.. anyway do check for the "hour memo" setting...
also do you notice if the toots only happened during the exact full hour of the day like 1pm; 2pm etc..?

had this toot sound when they upgraded the software back then.. scared the shit out of me when it happened... then i realised the hour memo feature was included in the new software.

Okays THANKS! zag! After work, I drive home the time, I go check it out. Hopefully, this solves my troublesome process of wearing earphones to exclude that head-aching, ear blasting, pain in the A%$ sound. Erms, Kongemania™ and rest, you guys should try out what zag suggested, sounds reliable and resourceful to me. :)

I think what Zag suggest could solve this toot sound. Prior to checking the forum, a friend of mine have also told me that it is the clock issue that need to set. Basically his past experience is the toot sound will come hourly.

I will give a try to change the setting and let u guys know.

will check about the memo thingy...but weird..i never set anything..its just come like that.. about the lights..anyone knows whats the problem?

p.s : zag,still interested in ACS exhaust? willing to lower down the price :)

I am sure it is the hourly time memo beeping. It can be disabled or enabled in the iDrive.

Yups.. THANKS alot man zag™it worked... alas got this pissin' sound off... :) CHEERS!

zag, BMW, xxterxx, yky,

thank you to all of you. Finally get rid of this toot sound. This forum sure does help... better than PML mechanics.

thanks zag! i got rid of it as well...:)

BMW™ said:
The 520i is fierce with brute force, neither as elegant [ku-niang] as the 7 series nor as classy [cheapskate] as the 3 series.

The 3 Series is cheapskate? :confused:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back