Staff member
Administrator
DO WANT... *starts to save*
9081008.001.1L.jpg

9081008.001.Mini8L.jpg

9081008.001.Mini9L.jpg

9081008.001.Mini10L.jpg

9081008.001.Mini6L.jpg

Lotus has announced the latest round of updates and upgrades to its homologated Exige Cup 260. For 2009, the race-bred two-seater keeps its 257 horsepower engine, but weight-saving measures have knocked 38kg off of the curb weight. Given Lotus’ lighter-is-better philosophy, it’s no surprise that it focused on dropping mass to increase performance. It’s also no surprise that they were able to find ways to do it in the already ultra-light Exige.

Weight-saving measures include a host of new carbon-fiber panels, including the roof panel, dash top, tailgate, front and rear spoilers, seats and the side intake ducts. A new full-length air scoop is also part of the new roof panel. New lightweight materials are used in the flywheel, rear subframe, battery and supercharger pipes, and the rear window glass has been replaced by a lightweight composite. A set of new ultra-light wheels drops even more weight as well as reducing unsprung weight. And if that wasn’t enough, Lotus also tossed out the carpet, mudflaps, interior mirror and the gas struts for the tailgate, just to grab that extra kilogram of weight savings. The result is a car that weighs just 890kg. As the Exige Cup 260 is homologated for road use in the European Union, buyers can opt to have air conditioning and a sound deadening package reinstalled.

The 2009 Exige Cup 260’s supercharged and intercooled 1.8 liter is unchanged, and produces 257 horsepower (260 PS) at 8000 rpm. Torque is also unchanged, at 174 lb-ft (236 Nm) at 6000 rpm. Response from the six-speed gearbox is quickened by the lighter flywheel. Lotus has added the Launch Control and traction control systems that debuted on the Lotus 2-Eleven to the Exige Cup 260.

This is a bare-bones, high performance vehicle, and only hard-core sports car fans and racers need apply. The Exige Cup 260 is on sale now, with prices starting at £45,995 in the UK.

Re: 2009 Lotus Exige 260 Cup

wow..whats that panel in between the doors and the seats?

very very nice!

///M3;386126 said:

The whole Elise/Exige design is based on a single aluminium tub for rigidity and lightness (vs frames in most cars).

That "panel" between the doors and the seats are part of the tub.

KTM's XBow also uses a monocoque tub (but made of Carbon Fibre)

Now we know why it is so bloody expensive..............

the X-bow.....if it comes i will be tempted. this exige is damn nice too. but i dunno how to drive manual.

as a track machine I always thought that Lotus should put in at least a sequential. c'mon the g's aren't that weak in that car, shifting is not that easy.

after previously reporting that I couldn't fit into an exige or elise, it turns out that with a certain type pedalbox (lotus factory, IOW swappable with little effort), it fits perfect.. drives so nice, it doesn't allow you to really relax, but when you're in it you just don't feel like relaxing.. you want to just drive drive DRIVE the hell out of it and the track.... and that's just a mid level stock one.. imagine one with something serious done to it putting out ~400hp

===

MT, even on semis 1.3G isn't that different from 1G especially when the arm is moving basically just inches at a time in a shift

slurp...now I'm confused which Lotus I love more, this or Lotus 2-Eleven?

Shaun;386173 said:
after previously reporting that I couldn't fit into an exige or elise, it turns out that with a certain type pedalbox (lotus factory, IOW swappable with little effort), it fits perfect.. drives so nice, it doesn't allow you to really relax, but when you're in it you just don't feel like relaxing.. you want to just drive drive DRIVE the hell out of it and the track.... and that's just a mid level stock one.. imagine one with something serious done to it putting out ~400hp

===

MT, even on semis 1.3G isn't that different from 1G especially when the arm is moving basically just inches at a time in a shift
just stating that, for Lotus' heavily track oriented machines, esp these special editions, they should just sock in a sequential since most of the time it'd be used for track work. Well at least the 2-11 should be seq. Manual just don't cut it on track.

$$$ lah. Normal suspension just doesn't cut it vs active suspension but no one runs active. The crazy Supercar V8s have for many years run standard H patterns and some still do.

But yah.. 2-11 I agree better suited to seq. dogbox considering it'll be mostly track anyway. but still $$$

Mockngbrd;386189 said:
i aim for the base spec Elise.... super happy enough liao

Same here...but should aim higher, than you'll end up with a base elise

base elise isnt that hard to afford actually...now that times are bad, its gonna be great singapore sale! juz wait for a 2006-2007 111S for sale, shld be in the region of ard 90-110K during such difficult times...haha

x bow coming in. i spoke to the guys bringing it in. caterham and ariel also. you'll be spoilt for choice.

///M3;386126 said:

very very nice!
That panel is called the "door sill" and under that is part of the tub like what Doggie mentioned. Very rigid the tub is but the new tub on which the Evora and soon be released Esprit is based is more than twice as rigid if I remember correctly. Won an award recently as well.

Sequential box is available but costs $$$. Full race-spec suspension also available but how does 30k (and we're talking Euros here) a pop sounds?

This Cup 260 is merely just a regular Exige S with some upgrades and bling bling CF which cost way too much. You could easily "replicate" one with aftermarket parts and tuning. For e.g. 280-290hp is very reachable without any major engine work. And 890kg is not exactly very light when compared to the Mk1 Exige.... throw in a turbocharged K20 at around 330hp, and wooohoooooooooo! Not that I can drive one to save my a**.... ha ha...

I heard something like that too... Ariel Atom, Caterham R500, KTM X-Bow, Lotus 2-Eleven.... cars may be pretty much based in SIC though. Strictly for the track only... will be awesome!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back