2010 new 5 series (F10) to be launched 23rd Nov !!!

Re: 2010 new 5 series (F10) to be launched 23rd Nov !!!

wt_know;494155 said:
it's ironic.

consumer have to pay a high premium for new launch product and new launch product normally have teething problems and can be quite irritating. some may wait for awhile for the teething problems to be resolved and fixes or enhancements to be included in the subsequent batch.

we pay high cost to enjoy new product or pay high cost to become guinea pig to test product ?

not just car -> everything.
but prices shld not be alot more. few k at most. economies of scale. they usually maintain prices close to outgoing models.

just like USB portable hard disc. latest one with the highest memory capacity will always command a slight premium over the next highest capacity model.

anyway, i'm a firm believer to jump in later as you know what you are getting into like what you said some fault could be due to design flaw and will never disappear. however, for 1st batch owner, you have to embrace any 'shit' that may sufface and you may ask yourself WTF !!! :lol2:

Slater;494157 said:
really alot depends on luck. some known issues in the 3 series just never translate to many other 3 series. some issues are still present even in the FL models years after the 1st batch has been delivered.

they call it the friday and monday theory.

wt_know;494160 said:
anyway, i'm a firm believer to jump in later as you know what you are getting into like what you said some fault could be due to design flaw and will never disappear. however, for 1st batch owner, you have to embrace any 'shit' that may sufface and you may ask yourself WTF !!! :lol2:
yeah. i think for sedans, wait. bound to have discounts come 3rd to 4th yr of car. lifestyle cars no point, prices r damn sticky. good in some ways as u will be assured ur value is protected. never moves very much up or down.

as to your point of embracing "shit"......3 alphabets.......PML. scared wad?

Terry;494152 said:
Will the first batch of f10 be problematic like the first batch of e60??

No one knows but bmw first batch a lot of lemons.. I rather wait for 2nd year of production

i had the first batch e60 530i swee swee.. bo problem. got Dynamic Drive option loaded free unbeknown to us also. drove 100K for 5 years ... no problem.

i had e46 320i second year production... problem all over the place in the first year of ownership..bang table till recept know me by name and from far far away before reaching counter...

the problem with first batch of e60 was the 520i with active steering.. engine not strong enuff to operate the active steering unit.. stalled here stalled there... ya that was bimmer boo boo..

first batch adoptors might have some good perks too.. not sure how they going to launch the F10.... any more sepang trip this time to track the F10 there..

pilotsnoopy;494125 said:
look out for the 5GT on Singapore roads with a deutsch munich plate this week.

some other cars with uk plates too.
they manage to shipped in time? :dance:

u de man.:sneaky:

acupunch;494234 said:
u quietly waiting for this right? :thinking:
ermmm, i wish la. if they sell 518i maybe i can afford. hehe

but these days every new bimmer design is a major anticipation man. just gets better and better!

This is what I gather from the bimmerpost website .................

E60 dimensions length: 190.5 wheelbase: 113.7 Width: 72.7 Height: 57.8

F10 dimensions length: 190.6 wheelbase: 116.5 Width: 72.8 Height: 57.2

The F10 will feature the following:

- Center console angled more towards the driver; quality to be on par with 5-series GT interior
- Shorter front over hang
- No more trunk cut out like current 5,6, and 7 will resemble the rear of the E92 coupe 3 series
- Roofline/green house will be more rounded.
- Angel eyes still remain
- Styling will be less radical
- Light weight materials will be used throughout to lower the overall cars weight but with added equipment will weigh as much as today’s current E60
- Next generation of Electronic dampening control will be available on all models
- New Rear active kinematics suspension will be available
- 6 speed manual and new 6 speed steptronic available on all models
- xDrive available on all models
- All unique body panels compared to 5-series GT (only shares side mirrors, side indicator lights, and door handles with the 5-series GT).
- classic BMW 50/50 weight distribution
- Efficient Dynamics to be highly featured, including new developments such as specially designed aerodynamically designed wheels that will now become a cornerstone of Efficient Dynamics.
- wheels to be designed by BMW and M division (not BBS).
- Active Hybrid 5 and Efficient Dynamics 520d will both join the regular 5-series in being introduced at Geneva show next spring

Engines are as follows:
525i 2.5 liter inline 6
530i/530xi 3.0 liter inline 6 with 230 hrp
535i/535xi 3.0 liter bi turbo with 300 hrp
550i/550Xi 4.4 liter bi turbo V8 with 410 hrp
M5 twin turbo V8 (from X5M / X6M)
Two ActiveHybrid models
-- "ActiveHybrid 5" will use the same "mild" hybrid technology as the 7er
-- "ActiveHybrid 5d" will use the same system as the Active Hybrid X6 but will replace the V8 for a 3.0d.

Supposed to arrive in 2010 as 2011 model year

F10 M5 specific details:

* Will make official debut at 2011 Frankfurt motor show
* V8 turbo engine from X5 and X6 M
* Driveline will get taller gearing
* 30% increase in torque over current M5 (will be around 500lb-ft @ 1500rpm!)
* Transmission will be beefed up version of M3's 7-speed DCT
* Carbonfiber roof and trunk
* Will have Active Aerodynamics, which blanks off parts of the grille and cooling intakes during warm-up and under light throttle load
* Double wishbone front suspension with multi-link rear suspension
* Fully electric power steering with feel of hydraulic steering

Slater;494237 said:
ermmm, i wish la. if they sell 518i maybe i can afford. hehe

but these days every new bimmer design is a major anticipation man. just gets better and better!
oh! have. 516, powered by TOYOTA Dual VVT-I :lol: B2B say one. ai GROUPBUY mai?

This should be 90% close to the actual thing..

Like not very exciting, maybe its a good thing.

F10 is the new code? EXX run out of numbers liao...

well...its almost there now..PML Kampong Arang Ctr has some reno going on..will have new spanking showroom in 6 mths time (that means after CNY?? ard Mar/Apr period to launch the new F10!!! In Germany it was said bookings for F10 are open now and delivery expected Feb/10
this is another teaser i had..of how F10 will be like..
View attachment 22780

looking at the new 7 & 3 series tailights..I kind of felt the current E60 (rib) tailight is much better.

Looks good. Can't wait. Bloody 550 will fart all over my e64...haiz...time to give alpina a ring.

a little disappointing. car does not look aggressive enough. nose area looks dated IMO.

Its looks okok to me... more on the nicer wing... 3L NA would be just right :cloud9:

Hope the new 5 Series interior tops that of the E-Class, which is really disappointing IMO - too blocky and angular.

rkrskr;494932 said:
Hope the new 5 Series interior tops that of the E-Class, which is really disappointing IMO - too blocky and angular.
yeah was there on sat. the design has just gone back to the stone age.

sat in the S class and cant help but notice the quartz clock on the center console staring at me!

JLMC;494768 said:
well...its almost there now..PML Kampong Arang Ctr has some reno going on..will have new spanking showroom in 6 mths time (that means after CNY?? ard Mar/Apr period to launch the new F10!!! In Germany it was said bookings for F10 are open now and delivery expected Feb/10
this is another teaser i had..of how F10 will be like..
View attachment 22780

looking at the new 7 & 3 series tailights..I kind of felt the current E60 (rib) tailight is much better.

if this design is true, it will sell like hotcakes.
very swee.

BMW is really not into the LED game? porsche, merc, audi all have LED....

i tot the new F10 angel ring is LED... 5GT yes.

hitmee;494984 said:
if this design is true, it will sell like hotcakes.
very swee.

BMW is really not into the LED game? porsche, merc, audi all have LED....

I doubt BMW wanna be followers, as they r leaders in theri own, like the one n only ring AE!:topicsuc:
looking at the new 7 & 3ers.. the taillight is more or less abt there...
but its the launch of 3L turbo that is disturbing...i believe it will only be 520 (2.2L NA) 528 (2.8 turbo?) and 535 (3.5L turbo)?? its all my guess:errr:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back