2010 - new 5 series pricing

Re: 2010 - new 5 series pricing

Ahh, no worries.

48X, if you change to 535, must go for the adaptive dampers - especially if you get to keep the old price. Current price for the 535 is $295k, price differential more than enough to cover the option!

48x if they let you change to 535 and with the old price do post here.thks

nsyt;536047 said:
48x if they let you change to 535 and with the old price do post here.thks

Yap. WIll do so. Meeting SE next Thursday to confirm the car and options.

jellyfish;536004 said:
The 535 does not come with DDC. The sport-normal switch is standard with the sport auto tranny. If you order the DDC, you will get comfort, standard, sport and sport+ settings. Personally, I think this is good option to have - you can read about it in bimmerpost and other forums why the suspension is so great in this car. It is one pricey option though at $5k...

Having read the DDC (Dymanic Damping Control) on BMW website, the technology seems to gear towards more comfort drive. In Singapore roads, I feel that the roads are well surfaced, as such I don't think I will use much of the COMFORT setting.

On a contrary, I am thinking of opting for the option 704 - M sports suspension ($1,600). I think the pricing is reasonable. However, I am not sure what is provided with this option. Would appreciate if any bro in this forum can point me to more details.

In addition, I will be opting for the Rear Entertainment system to entice my son.

48X;536239 said:
Having read the DDC (Dymanic Damping Control) on BMW website, the technology seems to gear towards more comfort drive. In Singapore roads, I feel that the roads are well surfaced, as such I don't think I will use much of the COMFORT setting.

On a contrary, I am thinking of opting for the option 704 - M sports suspension ($1,600). I think the pricing is reasonable. However, I am not sure what is provided with this option. Would appreciate if any bro in this forum can point me to more details.

In addition, I will be opting for the Rear Entertainment system to entice my son.

Frankly speaking, my decision to tick the option for the dampers was somewhat influenced by all the glowing reviews, the most telling of which came from the March edition of CAR: "... but if you tick one option box, get the dampers..... The arrows allow you to switch between comfort, normal, sport and sport+, the dampers stiffening while the throttle response also sharpens and steering resistance increases as you progress towards sport +, the final setting taking the stability control to a midway setting."

After 4.5 years on the e60, I think this option is worth it. Should I go to the airport to pick up family members, I can go there with the setting at sport and return with the setting at comfort for a more corsetting ride. Bear in mind that comfort doesn't mean a ride like a Toyota Crown taxi. Just my $0.02. Here's an excerpt from an interview with the lead suspension tuner on the F10 from Bimmerpost:

BT: Are there any disadvantages regarding security when driving in the soft settings, e.g. due to more body-roll and less ability to corner? For example, we could imagine a situation when the car comes to a corner and it cannot drive through with the comfort setting, and the DSC-sensors notice this, does this affect the settings of the dampers?

JvS: It actually works the other way around. When you are entering a corner, the dampers are immediately adjusted and become stiffer so that you have perfect handling, no matter which setting you are using.

BT: So when we’re in comfort mode, we can benefit from more comfort on straight roads, but if I have to corner…

JvS: …or if you have to evade some obstacles, the system automatically switches to a stiffer setting and you can corner with the maximum capability of the car. When the situation has calmed down, the previous setting is activated again. The focus is on optimal customer benefit: as stiff as necessary, but as comfortable as possible.

Are they making any V8 variants for the F10? Either the NA or the twin turbo one? Should I wait for this to come out, or go for the 535?

Racebred;536416 said:
Are they making any V8 variants for the F10? Either the NA or the twin turbo one? Should I wait for this to come out, or go for the 535?
they have a twin turbo 4.4L V8 in the 550i. not sure if they will bring in

hmmm... means someone can PI in? Or I can fly over to UK and ship one back if nobody does that hor?

I had my preview of the F10 also.
My thots for the 525:
a. For a premium car, back seat unable to fold down, quite amazing, was told its an "option" for 60:40 split seats....
b. The twin headlights - one is a "dummy" because its "option" for adaptive..so car seems to be "blind"- nonworking headlight...shit paying for "dummy"!!
c. The glove compartment is "flimsy" - lots of "leeway" when pushed after closed, machiam like not fitted properly...
d. not sure if the 525 comes with "sport" tranny..seems not...as there is no switch beside gear lever...so what kind of "tranny"...my SE "don't" know

.....48X...if you can manage to change to 535 with old price...I wanna do so also......as my booking was for the 525....regret!!!

papbear77;536555 said:
b. The twin headlights - one is a "dummy" because its "option" for adaptive..so car seems to be "blind"- nonworking headlight...shit paying for "dummy"!!
!

Are you saying that of the 4 lights, only 2 are working? I thought that they just don't swivel.

dummy headlamps.....1st time hearing this.

can somebody please confirm if the F10 really have dummy headlights meant for adaptive 'options'.......

taneks;536594 said:
Are you saying that of the 4 lights, only 2 are working? I thought that they just don't swivel.

The main lights viz high beam, normal beam are only on the "outer" side ...if you see the inner side lights, they are "black" viz no lamps. The corona lights encircle both but if you switch on all lights, you will only see the corona lights and the outer Xenon. The inner ones (closer to the centregrill) are dark...viz "dummy"...

papbear77;536676 said:
The main lights viz high beam, normal beam are only on the "outer" side ...if you see the inner side lights, they are "black" viz no lamps. The corona lights encircle both but if you switch on all lights, you will only see the corona lights and the outer Xenon. The inner ones (closer to the centregrill) are dark...viz "dummy"...
Of course the inner lite are dark. Even my E39 inner lite is dark because that is hi beam.

papbear77;536676 said:

Are u a merc or audi sales exec?

papbear77;536555 said:
My thots for the 525:
a. For a premium car, back seat unable to fold down, quite amazing, was told its an "option" for 60:40 split seats....
c. The glove compartment is "flimsy" - lots of "leeway" when pushed after closed, machiam like not fitted properly...
d. not sure if the 525 comes with "sport" tranny..seems not...as there is no switch beside gear lever...so what kind of "tranny"...my SE "don't" know

.....48X...if you can manage to change to 535 with old price...I wanna do so also......as my booking was for the 525....regret!!!

from what i can remember of my Adaptive Lights, the inner pair lights up when you turn at low speed like at junctions. the outer pair is for both normal and high beam. when you turn on high beam, a flap is open.

longhorn;536727 said:
Are u a merc or audi sales exec?

please don't OT this thread...:offtopic: read my post AGAIN!!...there is no mention of "merc" or "audi"....:shoot:....where do you get off insinuating/implying that I am a sales exec for either brand? :furious: by the way, did you read my post to the end??:shoot:..........I ALSO BOOKED THE 525 AND PAID THE DEPOSIT........:furious: .......please provide constructive comments instead of getting OT comments....:biggun: I just telling forum what the SE told me and based on my own viewing of the car....can someone who knows verify??

Quite frankly, the thing that pissed me about BMW is almost everything come as options. My side mirrors cannot fold but if I pay, yes. Now the headlights, I am the least surprised.

davidtch;536699 said:
Of course the inner lite are dark. Even my E39 inner lite is dark because that is hi beam.
in the older BMWs with xenons, the outer lamp acts as the low beam. the inner lamp, usually halogen, acts as the high beam. In the newer BMWs with bi-xenons, the outer lamp functions as both hi and lo beams. the inner lamp functions when u have the adaptive headlight option.

My e60 without adaptive HL also has a dummy inner lamp,

pengful;536994 said:
Quite frankly, the thing that pissed me about BMW is almost everything come as options. My side mirrors cannot fold but if I pay, yes. Now the headlights, I am the least surprised.
if u r doing business , would you give away a product if u can sell it for a profit? PML is a not a charitable organisation and we should stop expecting them to behave like one.

wow... u seem angry. i wonder why...

papbear77;536971 said:
....where do you get off insinuating/implying that I am a sales exec for either brand? :furious: by the way, did you read my post to the end??:shoot:..........I ALSO BOOKED THE 525 AND PAID THE DEPOSIT......
maybe it is becos i thot PML is only selling 523 and 535... am i mistaken?

papbear77;536555 said:
obviously u don't understand the concept of "optional extras". U r getting a dummy light becos u did NOT pay for the adaptive headlight option. Maybe u prefer PML to remove the inner lamp and leave a hole there?

anyway my comment abt merc and audi is made in jest. I am sorry that u feel offended.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868me

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back