2010 X5 Battery

JF

Hi there, anyone out there has any recommendation for battery change workshop for X5 model? Am keen to sus some price comparative before car being serviced by PML soon at which point I am thinking of a battery change as well. I figure PML price would be pretty stiff going by a recent change of battery we made for the 3 series coupe!! Appreciate any feedbacks. Cheers and TGIF.

Re: 2010 X5 Battery

U can always check with sponsor ws here.

HI.
I got my X5 battery changed at kim hoe Ubi. price at $330. other place charging at $400.
Can go check it out.
Cheers

takeshi28;1083659 said:
HI.
I got my X5 battery changed at kim hoe Ubi. price at $330. other place charging at $400.
Can go check it out.
Cheers[/QUOTe.

Tks for the feedback. Cheers .

Tks. Managed to get it done at AutoSport AMK. Did not have time to check and make comparison. Pretty good svc. Prices though seems higher from one post recommendation. But cld be due to different battery make ( assumption only). Thanks for the help anyway.

p.s. But like they say "it never rain but it pours" now it seems that I have to check the vibration next (esp on steering). Seems to develop suddenly. Indications are that it could be due to engine mounting wear!! Car is only 3 yrs old!

What brand of battery did they replace for you bro?

Anyone has feedback on the Bosch AGM batteries for cars with Start / Stop technology or the Bosch S4/S5 batteries?

JF;1083524 said:
Hi there, anyone out there has any recommendation for battery change workshop for X5 model? Am keen to sus some price comparative before car being serviced by PML soon at which point I am thinking of a battery change as well. I figure PML price would be pretty stiff going by a recent change of battery we made for the 3 series coupe!! Appreciate any feedbacks. Cheers and TGIF.

Firstly somewhat I made a mistake in term of the workshops name i.e. it should be Euro Sport Service and not Autosport (which is a different w/shop which I saw close by to the Euro Sport Service)!! My apologies.

Re vw's question.

The replacement battery is a non AGM type and it is Boliden (rating 110A CCA 950). It is a Swede made. First time I am trying it. I read that AGM is a preference as you know for car with StopStart.

Cheers.,

vw;1083978 said:
What brand of battery did they replace for you bro?

Anyone has feedback on the Bosch AGM batteries for cars with Start / Stop technology or the Bosch S4/S5 batteries?

2010 X5 Battery

Not recommended to use traditional non-AGM batteries with start stop technology.

PML confirmed engine mount has some cracked unfortunately on my X5!. A little surprise as I don't drive the car in any harsh manner. Have never driven it to MY as well. Maybe the relatively poor road conditions (esp downtown where I travel most) has something to do with it? I wonder anyone out there has the same issue with the engine mount? Cheers

JF;1084238 said:
PML confirmed engine mount has some cracked unfortunately on my X5!. A little surprise as I don't drive the car in any harsh manner. Have never driven it to MY as well. Maybe the relatively poor road conditions (esp downtown where I travel most) has something to do with it? I wonder anyone out there has the same issue with the engine mount? Cheers

Did you check the transmission mount ?

Codewerx;1084242 said:
Did you check the transmission mount ?

A good question. Never thought to ask the question though. Hopefully PML will diagnose it? Will pop the ? when I get down there when car is readied. Thanks

It takes a few seconds to sms your SA .......

JF;1084334 said:
A good question. Never thought to ask the question though. Hopefully PML will diagnose it? Will pop the ? when I get down there when car is readied. Thanks

It takes a few seconds to sms your SA .......

JF;1084334 said:

Red_Bean_Bun;1084340 said:
It ta a few seconds to sms your SA .......

True. But wanted to see what PML has done to check the root cause! Thks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitkulkarni978
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back