2nd Hand E60 520

vw

Hi All,

Just like to find out the reason why there are quite a handful of less than 1 year E60 520 for sale ? Any particular reason?

Re: 2nd Hand E60 520

probably because the owners wanna off load now before more of the newly engined 523iA hit the road with the all new valvetronic super light magnesium alloy engines. Will have a significant impact on the resale value of the previous 2.2litre E60 520iA

Someone who owns that model told me that you can feel the engine vibrates when idling before the engine gets warm up. And the PML service guy told him that it is perculiar to that model. :oooops:

I did not experience any vibration when engine is idling when I had my ride. But my engine keeps misfiring dispite repeated visit to PML service ctr at Kg Arang. Had since sold the car and upgraded to a 523i late last month. One of the main reason for upgrading is the xenon lights and PDC that came with the new car. As for the rear blind, I hardly use it.

I read somewhere that the active steering on the E60 520i tends to overload the engine and cause it to stall.

The new 523i doesn't have active steering as standard rite? instead PML throws in Xenons and PDC.

Nice thing about the 523i, since it's a detuned 2.5l, lots of potential in the engine that can possibly be released via an ECU remap or some other mod. :)

Thanks for the feedback, so buying the new 523 will be a better buy compared to the 520 ya?

vw said:
Thanks for the feedback, so buying the new 523 will be a better buy compared to the 520 ya?

Yeap should be, unless you really like the active steering, which I have to admit is a blast, especially on the track.

If you're buying new, there's the option of Pro Nav which is really nice, also try and get them to throw in the bluetooth phone prep...real cool!

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back