3 Series wins 2006 World Car of the Year Award!

Re: 3 Series wins 2006 World Car of the Year Award!

Ahbengdriver said:
Oh and when is the 5 series facelift coming?
dunno leh. 5-series looks OK to me.... why, you cannot tahan the look izzit?

I thought the initial 7 was more honest than the facelift version. The facelift version of 7 has no integrity, hodgepodge of design details.

michaeltan said:
Always maintained that if same price, between the IS250 and BMW 325, BMW has a good chance to win.

Don't serve the jugs yet. The joke is on Singapore BMW buyers under the PML price structure. If Lexus and BMW is selling for almost same price for given engine cap in the UK and the US, and Lexus still sells (and growing in the USA) then ....

What do you call Singaporean BMW buyers who buy for any other reason rather than `I don't care the cost, I just want to have maximum driving enjoyment'?

LOL! Eggz is my guiding force here. Only for those who want maximum driving enjoyment are not misguided - in the Sinapore context.

Rub it in? You're rubbing it in the face of BMW owners in Singapore.

:offtopic: why u always do tat !!

Another recognition of a great car! Long live the 3ers!!!!!!!

Congratulations for those bimmers who have the foresight to buy such a great car! Great design with real fun driving!
:)

this michaeltan guy needs to see a shrink to cure him of his "penile envy" :) - he already as a gs300 and instead of simply enjoying his ride, his insecurity drives him to putting down bmws and bmw owners. you'll find him at it in the other local car forums too.

grow up michaeltan - keep repeating to yourself "mine is good enough, no need to compare" ...or better still, BUY YOURSELF A BMW AND GET IT OVER WITH :nehnehhh:

Agree!!!!!!

Hope he could afford to buy a BMW soon and start to see why we have so many beemers buying....

By the way, I thought the facelifted 7 series look great with more powerful look. Hopefully our dear friend could afford to buy one soon.....

michaeltan said:
Daresay, if SG prices were used in any evaluation between compact executives, BMW would be thrown out (and so will the C-Class and A4, for that matter!)

Thank god that other countries, pricing of Lexus and BMW same. Otherwise, no more BMW awards liao.

:offtopic:
Hello.... we are talking about awards for the 3 series.... nothing to do with Lexus leh....

Anyway, don't need to use SG price for evaluation of cars lah.... Lexus will be thrown out as well compared with the more superior brand like BMW, Mercedes and Audi....... Hondas, or maybe Hyundai will be the choice with the price difference......

By the way, why ain't Lexus having their own Lexus forum in Singapore? Would like to see how this owner see other better cars.....

oomph said:
this michaeltan guy needs to see a shrink to cure him of his "penile envy" :) - he already as a gs300 and instead of simply enjoying his ride, his insecurity drives him to putting down bmws and bmw owners. you'll find him at it in the other local car forums too.

grow up michaeltan - keep repeating to yourself "mine is good enough, no need to compare" ...or better still, BUY YOURSELF A BMW AND GET IT OVER WITH :nehnehhh:

good one there....!!

come la michaeltan...i buy u coffee la..

Hi guys,

Last warning, do not deviate from this thread.

If you have any matters that you're not happy with, please report the post. The function is underneath the posters profile(in red). If there are any issues, please report them directly, we will deal with them quickly.

Yeah, wassup with the cat fight? Everyone is entitiled to their own opinion but to force it down each other's throat? Grow up, take it outside the forum, for crying out loud.

I disagree on the contrary.

Anyway, your post is off topic.

waa.i never post in this thread then hav so many problems...sad..well came here to congrats on the new 3 series for winning the year award! CHEERS!

Elmariachi, you are right. NO award is given solely on price, that was not what I said. For this WCOTY award, the parameters were (in its same class):

http://www.wcoty.com/2006/results.asp

VEHICLEMERITVALUESAFETYENVIRONMENTSIGNIFICANCEEMOTIONALWEIGHTEDAPPEALTOTALBMW 3-Series8.286.88.146.437.667.967.69Lexus IS6.776.587.746.116.136.686.69Volkswagen Passat6.736.487.456.585.955.796.57

Look at the results and gauge the validity for yourself. Especially - VALUE and SIGNIFICANCE.

Anyway, this is an award which the E90 really needed. It is unfortunate for the E90 that most of the mainstream press' COTY did not give the E90 anything. It is also unfortunate for the E90 that it had to be released in the same year as the RADICAL Honda Civic and the significant IS - making it miss out on most awards.

But the E90 deserves an award. In spite of the toned-down bangleness of this car, the engineers still worked really hard, I'm sure, so this is one well deserved award for it.

elmariachi said:
FYI, awards are not given based solely on price. Most awards won by the car is for its engineering and performance. i just dont see the relevance in pricing in giving awards for cars though it may well be a factor. if thats the case, the perodua kanchil would have won all the awards instead of BMW. now wouldnt that be a sight?! The way you phrase your sentences is as though everyone have a fixed income all over the world and similar to all. thats not the case is it? if that were true, brands and refinements would be the last things these companies would promote in their cars. then we all would be driving perhaps say, a proton? now wouldnt that be boring. :)

Ahbengdriver said:
I also wished BMW are priced similar to other marques here. I will be a much happier man. If we think we are paying rediculous prices for our BMWs here, indeed it is bcos elswehere our cars cost only 1/2 ro 1/3 of SG prices. However, by the same arguements, any car in SG is rediculously priced, or shld I say over priced.

Actually it's the relative pricing I'm talking about. Where BMW and Lexus pricing are similar in the US and UK, BMW heavily outprices Lexus in SG.

Thats why for me personally when I bot my BMW, the premium I paid over other marques wasnt my deciding factor as long as it was within my budget. I bought it bcos I like it.

And that's cool!

meganbel said:
Yeah, wassup with the cat fight? Everyone is entitiled to their own opinion but to force it down each other's throat? Grow up, take it outside the forum, for crying out loud.
Yeah! Not every thread should be a feel good thread. The comment on an award should come from all quarters, including the much hated and little loved `devil's advocate' quarter.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back