3 year warranty from PML

Re: 3 year warranty from PML

wt_know;488332 said:
+1

that's the general perception on jap cars and personally i agree to that. my previous mazda6 for 4 years was trouble free :)

To be honest, my benz is already more than 4 yrs, and I don't change as much spare parts as stated for bmw in the earlier thread. Can't imagine that I need to replace things like steering wheel when I have paid much more for a conti car. I seriously heard more faulty stuff for BMW than Merc... But I'm still buying one... coz... it is just too chio to resist! LOL

Buy extended warranty and continue to enjoy the chio. That's life. There're risks; and there are covers. one day somebody will come out with annuity for car repairs too.

Slater;488331 said:
thats the price u pay for a technically superior car. teething problems are unavoidable when a car gets more technical. conti cars tend to have more movable parts, hence more prone to wear and tear

some of the things are not teething problems really...like oil leaks and water leaks.
the BMW engine runs pretty hot, maybe too hot for our climate?

but i am surprised at parts like the rack and pinion break down within 4 years?
what milage has the car got?

So far i have had to change the gasket for the engine case, some cover at the back of the engine due to water leak, joints from the radiator to the engnine..

keeping my fingers crossed...

I don't quite understand why bimmer's engine is running hot, especially the 320. It's just a NA engine, not turbocharged or supercharged and its just 156 bhp and not 300 bhp!

achee;491591 said:
I don't quite understand why bimmer's engine is running hot, especially the 320. It's just a NA engine, not turbocharged or supercharged and its just 156 bhp and not 300 bhp!

NA engine can run hot... maybe its higher compression. Squeezing out 146bhp out of a 2l 4pot engine is quite impressive. (btw its 146bhp for the n46b20)

i remember my dad peugeot 605 2l was also running really hot. and it was churning out only 124bhp!

Do you have any recommendation for warrenty besides pml?

ellf;492477 said:
Do you have any recommendation for warrenty besides pml?
If your ride is less than 3 years, then is automatically warranted by PML. You only need to seek extended warranty after 3 years. From the tread, you can try Star Black or Kang Motors

achee;492538 said:
If your ride is less than 3 years, then is automatically warranted by PML. You only need to seek extended warranty after 3 years. From the tread, you can try Star Black or Kang Motors

What is the cost of extending the warranty? Is there a package in market which covers wear and tear? Cuz Citroen providing that now for first three years.

achee;492538 said:

Can members with experience recommend Star Black or Kang Motors for extended warranty, in terms or pricing, service, quality of work etc,?

The details of the Star Black extended warranty can be found in the webpage, including the parts covered and pricing :

STARBLACK

Any bros here have tried and would like to comment?

For two groups of BMW fanatics, it is worthwhile considering extended warranties:

(1) forumers who modded like crazy, especially the N54 guys, who are worried about the wastegates and ZF GB......

(2) forumers who have 3-years warranty expired.

I have just enrolled in a 3-year extended warranty with TWM via BOSS. That means for any major parts claims, I will simply go thru BOSS, and they will settle everything for me.

If PML can visually access a car and say... "Void Warranty".... so can any other entities who sell extended warranty no? Just up to them if they wanna do so...

benchmarc said:
If PML can visually access a car and say... "Void Warranty".... so can any other entities who sell extended warranty no? Just up to them if they wanna do so...
This is akin to buying insurance on your major parts - THEY HAVE TO INSPECT YOUR CAR FIRST !!!

Let BOSS help you with the entire process, get it?

Can list everything and let them insure base on current condition/parts etc la... BOSS can do that but not all the others? Maybe they all can do that but there will always be a grey area these companies can step on.

kenntona;495660 said:
For two groups of BMW fanatics, it is worthwhile considering extended warranties:

(1) forumers who modded like crazy, especially the N54 guys, who are worried about the wastegates and ZF GB......

(2) forumers who have 3-years warranty expired.

I have just enrolled in a 3-year extended warranty with TWM via BOSS. That means for any major parts claims, I will simply go thru BOSS, and they will settle everything for me.

bro care to share how much u got the 3 year warrenty with BOSS?thanks you

i have a qns, i just went to servicing today and i asked the CSA whether they will check the car for any problems and they say they wont, the servicing is only based on the data given by the OBC, which is engine oil change and microfilter change for my car.

so basically only when something happens to the impt parts of the car then they will offer to change the parts based on warranty? or can request tht they change? and if they only do servicing based on data given on the OBC how will they detect any underlying problems?

6363;495710 said:
bro care to share how much u got the 3 year warrenty with BOSS?thanks you

Wah lao just call BOSS la, scared they bite ar? Andre always looks hungry but he wont bite.

laksa;495712 said:
i have a qns, i just went to servicing today and i asked the CSA whether they will check the car for any problems and they say they wont, the servicing is only based on the data given by the OBC, which is engine oil change and microfilter change for my car.

so basically only when something happens to the impt parts of the car then they will offer to change the parts based on warranty? or can request tht they change? and if they only do servicing based on data given on the OBC how will they detect any underlying problems?

Hmm... i cant answer for them, i dont work for them but..... READ THE BLUE THEN THE RED

laksa;495712 said:

that is correct. i tried it before it doesnt work that way. cant tell them "heres a list of common faults on E90, pls take precautionary measures" else there wun be end to their work.

only when a fault arise will they rectify it.

ok thks. guess juz ll

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back