320I - E90 (2010) - Moving off problem

spec07

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone of you encounter this problem? When tried to move off from stationary position, step on gas, car no power, move off very slowly, step more on accelerator, still moving very slowly then suddenly, rpm rev very high and car speed up.

Any idea what could be the problem here? CNY coming liao, scared to burn big hole in my pocket........

Damn sad!

Please advice guys.

Re: 320I - E90 (2010) - Moving off problem

spec07;1112727 said:
Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone of you encounter this problem? When tried to move off from stationary position, step on gas, car no power, move off very slowly, step more on accelerator, still moving very slowly then suddenly, rpm rev very high and car speed up.

Any idea what could be the problem here? CNY coming liao, scared to burn big hole in my pocket........

Damn sad!

Please advice guys.

time to sent to a workshop for a check.....

* suspect ignition coil faulty...
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Sian... what would be the damage? I tired to drive just now. Everything seems to be normal again. So strange.

spec07;1112732 said:
Sian... what would be the damage? I tired to drive just now. Everything seems to be normal again. So strange.

means going to Huat Big...

* ignition coil not that ex...
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

just sharing;

i had this problem as well, car will stall sometimes when moving off slowly too.
i went to 3 reputable workshops listed in this forum;

1. Alexander Rd: quoted me 5k to change many random things which i refused.
2. Woodlands Industrial Estate: change camshaft sensor, sparks and engine flush- $1000+
change gearbox solenoids and flush- 1000$
3. Sin Ming Industrial: change ignition coils and cat converter- $2000+

so in all i spent 4-5k, problem still persists and none of the workshops can give me an answer besides trial and error. then one weekend, i filled up my tank with V power when it was going for the price of 98.
car felt smoother, acceleration more linear. from then i was always on V power. To date the problem still persists but is less severe, i reckon dont bother trying to fix it because there are too many possibilities. just live with it and pump some good grade fuel to smoothen things up. cheers

Oh goss! Few Ks and still unable to solve... So it's better to just leave it aside? It feels kinda weird like something wrong with your ride though. Haha...

sanerling;1112773 said:
just sharing;

i had this problem as well, car will stall sometimes when moving off slowly too.
i went to 3 reputable workshops listed in this forum;

1. Alexander Rd: quoted me 5k to change many random things which i refused.
2. Woodlands Industrial Estate: change camshaft sensor, sparks and engine flush- $1000+
change gearbox solenoids and flush- 1000$

so in all i spent 4-5k, problem still persists and none of the workshops can give me an answer besides trial and error. then one weekend, i filled up my tank with V power when it was going for the price of 98.
car felt smoother, acceleration more linear. from then i was always on V power. To date the problem still persists but is less severe, i reckon dont bother trying to fix it because there are too many possibilities. just live with it and pump some good grade fuel to smoothen things up. cheers

could it be software? try visit Codewerx..

ac323;1112832 said:
could it be software? try visit Codewerx..

I actually went to codewerkx as well, couldnt resolve. no point trying so hard haha. just put to Ds mode and all problems solved.

sanerling;1112854 said:
I actually went to codewerkx as well, couldnt resolve. no point trying so hard haha. just put to Ds mode and all problems solved.

That must be like a long way back before I got full access to rides - I thought you buy new car already haha !

Red_Bean_Bun;1112859 said:
That must be like a long way back before I got full access to rides - I thought you buy new car already haha !

yup that was at least 1 year back. now the e90 is second car for family and i gave up trying to solve that problem

sanerling;1112773 said:
Cat converter change to solve that problem? Weird recommendation by workshop :errr:

sanerling;1112862 said:
yup that was at least 1 year back. now the e90 is second car for family and i gave up trying to solve that problem

Last time I saw that problem ..... turned out to be a internal vacuum leak. Affects the low end big time. FC as well.

Red_Bean_Bun;1112866 said:
Last time I saw that problem ..... turned out to be a internal vacuum leak. Affects the low end big time. FC as well.

Whats the damage for this repair?

Hi! Same with my car! I've change the Eccentric Shaft Sensor & Valvetronic Motor. So far ok.

Not sure if I'm facing the same issue as this is my first bimmer, E90 320i.(coming from a Jap car previously).

But is it normal in AT, that gear shifts into the higher gears only take place around 3-4k RPM (usually after 4th)? I'm just wondering if there is a way to allow for a more linear response in acceleration when taking off from stationary.

I wouldn't say that there isn't any power, but the car seems to drag itself along unless the throttle is pushed down and a sudden burst of power comes through at 4k RPM. Seems a little dangerous for city driving but just want to do away with that dragging feeling of being stuck in a lower gear.

Any advice? Or maybe i'm just driving the car wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

lenoir;1117950 said:
Not sure if I'm facing the same issue as this is my first bimmer, E90 320i.(coming from a Jap car previously).

But is it normal in AT, that gear shifts into the higher gears only take place around 3-4k RPM (usually after 4th)? I'm just wondering if there is a way to allow for a more linear response in acceleration when taking off from stationary.

I wouldn't say that there isn't any power, but the car seems to drag itself along unless the throttle is pushed down and a sudden burst of power comes through at 4k RPM. Seems a little dangerous for city driving but just want to do away with that dragging feeling of being stuck in a lower gear.

Any advice? Or maybe i'm just driving the car wrong?

Yup the same as my previously.. so i had to change both the Eccentric Shaft Sensor & Valvetronic Motor.

Ryujinx, mind dropping me a PM as to where you went for the change and the total damage? Thanks!

I previously had similar conditions but not as severe (very mild slack during pick up) and tried the following recommendations by my WS:

1. Petrol to use 98 or better grade. If you have been using 95 all this while, buy some fuel injector cleaner to add-in when topping up petrol, it may take a few round of petrol fill up before problem can reduce/resolve.
2. Please check if you have change your air filter, sometimes it is due to dirty air filter cloaking, combustion chamber not enough Oxygen to give proper combustion. Nowadays, I just change air filter during every service (10km) don't think of saving by recycling it through air cleaning. If you want to recycle can try K&N filter.

However, if problem still persist suggest you get your car for some diagnostic test to find out actual problem.

Cheers

Bro is there any error code that prompt you to change the sensor and valvetronic motor?

ryujinx;1113303 said:
Hi! Same with my car! I've change the Eccentric Shaft Sensor & Valvetronic Motor. So far ok.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1jun88net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back