330i or 320cic

• 320 cic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 330i

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: 330i or 320cic

Hi,

You already have the T5 with exceed 200hp range so the car of choice should be 320cic for this case. Power is not everything.....sometime, you need to relax and let the wind flow over your head, bidy etc......god luck

Proscar,

Its actually a very tough choice... for me, it was a toss up between 330 coupe and 325 cabrio. but having driven a 320 coupe, decided cabrio was for me... no regrets till today. just that i get a little irritated when my good friend in his black black debadged 330 coupe blow past me on the highway... or when i lose drag to him.. kekekeke.

it is times like these that i wished i had a 330!!!! most times, i am happy i can go topless at the touch of a button.

agree with kennota - its your choice!!

if i were you.... i still wouldnt know what to do... hahahaha

cheers mate!

SMYUEN said:
Proscar,

Its actually a very tough choice... for me, it was a toss up between 330 coupe and 325 cabrio. but having driven a 320 coupe, decided cabrio was for me... no regrets till today. just that i get a little irritated when my good friend in his black black debadged 330 coupe blow past me on the highway... or when i lose drag to him.. kekekeke.

it is times like these that i wished i had a 330!!!! most times, i am happy i can go topless at the touch of a button.

agree with kennota - its your choice!!

if i were you.... i still wouldnt know what to do... hahahaha

cheers mate!
It was a hard choice for me too when I was choosing between the 325 Cab and the 330 coupe.... Somehow I ended up choosing the Coupe simply because I wanted to have fun with the car (with the fun meaning throwing in mods to make the car faster and also go on track).

Anyway in my very neutral and straightforward opinion. Just go for the car that you like. It dun matter what others think or feel. Afterall it is your money, your choice. Why let others decide for you?

stevenwu said:
Hi,

You already have the T5 with exceed 200hp range so the car of choice should be 320cic for this case. Power is not everything.....sometime, you need to relax and let the wind flow over your head, bidy etc......god luck

I am getting rid of the T5 as it is 4 1/2 years old now and has high paper value with decent body price for export to NZ now. Other than it doesn't handle as sharp as my 320i, am actually quite happy with my "lightly" tuned T5. Stock already putting up 250 bhp, and turbo cars are easy and cheap to tune. (just crank the boost up with ECU mapping) Am gonna hold on to my newer 320i for the moment as it doesn't make economical sense to change it now. I would probably go for the 320 cic if I am swapping my 320i, but think I am gonna miss the fat torque curve of the turboed swede machine.

I think the choice would be pretty clear if the 330i saloon is in SMG, but it is auto, hence neither here nor there.

Thank you once again for voting and giving your input. Looks like many people were in similar situation previously. Am gonna consider for a while. Incidentally, the guy is swapping in his 330i for the new E90 330, and he won't be taking delivery of the car till july. He doesn't mind selling the car early, as he apparently has quite a collection of cars. PML has also offered him a base price for trade in, however, he is looking for more, but will pass the car to PML if he doesn't sell it. It is not difficult to match their price and still get a pretty good deal.

In regards to the poser remark, I wish to apologise for offending anyone...my bad... having been outstationed for a while now, I forget as well how expensive it is to run a big CC car in Singapore... though the 330 is still my weapon of choice, a very nice Q car... if you get it debaged... I have been trying this thing called the sixth element... seems to improve pick up... but has anyone else had experiences with it? Also no substitute for cubes.. plus although an auto, I assume it would be a steptronic right? and BMW make pretty good auto boxes... which in Singapore can be a blessing. An air intake plus a chip... and you could see a car that would serve you very well all round... fun "track" day car, fits 5 and luggage... and groceries... and stylish and small enough to park almost anywhere... if its got a sun roof, then maybe you can live with that compromise... and have the sunroof open?

Ok...ok....enuff Znuff... I know the minute I post in...people would be thinking (especially those who know me well enuff)... that "this power crazy guy sure choose the 330i..." right?

Wrong!

I chose a pragmatic start to a more adventurous end! I would get the 320cic.

Why you might ask??? Come on fellas....think a bit .....

Now we all know that if the choice of a 330cic were to be given to our dear fren here, it solves basically almost everything right? Now think a bit naughty shall we???

If you get a 330i and after a while find that you crave some poser element, can you change it into a cab? NO! (well not without a lot of mechanical and legal work lah)

BUT....if you get a 320cic and after a while get a lil power hungry....then ...well you can.....heh heh..... (it's that simple baby!!!! and it aint that difficult and ultimately, it will be cheaper.....heh heh)

......sori ...sori......I'm a baaaaaaaaaad influence i know.......Wilson, your disease has infected me!!!

Arsony
Topaz Blue NOT all that baaaaaaaad....

Arsony has a good point. The doctor is talking about transplant...... muahahaha......

TripleM said:
U power freak.............
Yes my bro... I am a power freak.. be sure to watch for the latest incarnation of this disease... hahahaha...

At the end of the day, between a vert and a coupe, its really up to the individual... its all up to how you decide to drive.

May have the answer, there's a July 01 330 cab for sales, looking at $145k. 2 owners already. can buy?

jaskin said:
Hoe many KMs? Any mods? Color?

Apparently full body kit, xenon, black on black. Owner claimed all installed by PML. Haven't seen the car yet. Pte seller.

How long are you gonna keep it? Its 4 yrs old and you'll miss the 130% OMV PARF rebate very soon. Unless you wanna drive for less than a year.

proscar said:
I am getting rid of the T5 as it is 4 1/2 years old now and has high paper value with decent body price for export to NZ now. Other than it doesn't handle as sharp as my 320i, am actually quite happy with my "lightly" tuned T5. Stock already putting up 250 bhp, and turbo cars are easy and cheap to tune. (just crank the boost up with ECU mapping) Am gonna hold on to my newer 320i for the moment as it doesn't make economical sense to change it now. I would probably go for the 320 cic if I am swapping my 320i, but think I am gonna miss the fat torque curve of the turboed swede machine.

I think the choice would be pretty clear if the 330i saloon is in SMG, but it is auto, hence neither here nor there.

Thank you once again for voting and giving your input. Looks like many people were in similar situation previously. Am gonna consider for a while. Incidentally, the guy is swapping in his 330i for the new E90 330, and he won't be taking delivery of the car till july. He doesn't mind selling the car early, as he apparently has quite a collection of cars. PML has also offered him a base price for trade in, however, he is looking for more, but will pass the car to PML if he doesn't sell it. It is not difficult to match their price and still get a pretty good deal.

Hi proscar,
i think i know which car you are referring, It's a doc owner, right ? as proclaimed by his dealer friend.
Me too itch, just feel my 318 is really underpower even with the obit,hence respond to the ad.
Personally, i feel for a cab, 325 shd be more than smooth but for a sedan car, a 320 or shd i say more specifically 6 cyc IMO is gd enough since i have "room to grow". Me too thinking of switching as well. Have you queried on 325 Cab selling price?

Just to conclude, I finally settled for a used S2000, and am keeping my 320i saloon.

Congrats. Confirm Steel Grey in colour? Red Seats?

i agree with t6 about resale. its up to u, for me i go with 330i cz the power is there bt if u going for style den cabrio is the ans....

Congrats bro. Thats one helluva roadster. Even better than the Boxster S according to some people. Rev the hell out of that engine!!! :D

Brandons said:
Congrats bro. Thats one helluva roadster. Even better than the Boxster S according to some people. Rev the hell out of that engine!!! :D

yeap 9000 RPM to play with

Buy the 320Cic.

They're by no means SLOW. Its just that the potential has not be reached.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back