Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BM730

• Cayenne

• Total voters

apollo

Hi all,

The wait for a new 335i coupe is 6 months.
Which would you choose if you need the buy a car sooner?
Here are the list of under $300k options in order of my own preference:

• Audi TT 2.0 - Too much interior plastic, tiny rear seats
  • BM335i cab - 5 months wait?, a little noisier than the coupe
  • BM335i 4 drs - 3 months wait?, looks exactly like a normal 3
  • BM530i - Did not test drive. Not as nimble as the 335?
  • BM630i - Did not test drive. Shape a little dated
  • MB CLK350 - Handling of CLK200 is just average. not sure about CLK350
  • MB C280 - Did not test drive
  • MB CLS350 - Did not test drive
  • BM730 - Did not test drive. Good value due to end of life
  • Cayenne - Basic model lacks power

Please vote!

Thanks!!

Re: 335i alternatives

How about Cayman S?

then you gotta strike off Audi TT 2.0. If you have another car you can afford to consider a pure 2 seater.

For me the MB C350 would be a solid choice for now.

yo apollo...

u seemed rather non-committal from the list of choices u gave.
u are seriously considering a 335 coupe n u want to choose all the way to a 5 than a 6 to a 7ser? :yikess:

i am assuming that u are more interested in a 2 door 2+2 setup.

the few tat fits ur discription is the TT/335cab/630n the CLK.... out of which its the TT tat fits the final bill.... keeping to the list tat u gave.

consider n wait for the new S5 (another alternative brand) and if u insist on new cars only. otherwise very difficult to beat the 335 in that category liao.... maybe the new Skyline!!!

else plenty of used cars u can choose from with tat budget... Beemers, Porkys n Masers...

would u want a one year old Maser 4200GT for 260k neg? i can intro u to the owner... hahaha

good luck in ur final choice...

cheers ah:)

Current CLK/C cannot make it. Next gen CLK would be interesting given how the new C class had kind of good reviews.

But it seems that would be even longer than the 335. So currently, the BMW 630 seems a good choice.

apologies if i sidetrack from the thread title but i must admit i like the CLK200, having been driving my woman's ride over weekends

I think the best solution for you is a Z4 coupe for yourself and a second-hand Mitsubishi i for your wife, or for when you need the back seats. Again: it's not just *uncomfortable* in the back seats of a TT, it's *unbearable*. When I went to test-drive the TT, my wife could not come along because we both judged it too dangerous to have her head pushed up against the glass! Apart from the extreme discomfort: the Audi guy had to push his seat so far forward that his knees were crushed.

Really want to test the Audi TT. Love the shape and the quality of the interior. Exterior-wise, its distinctly TT! Nice!

I prefer the cayenne as i'm biased towards porkers. Its safe (impt when carrying family members), no issues with space and I doubt anyone will dare tailgate you...

Best to get the S version but base version is good enough for SG roads. Lower taxes & fuel consumption also help.

Good luck!

Azriel: you will love the DSG. You will however ask the Audi people where is the button that turns on the torque........

if you're interested in the audi TT as an alternative, i could provide some thoughts as my bro drives a TT 2.0 and i drive a 335i.

1. Difficult to get into rear seats of audi TT. I would recommend peeps shorter than 1.54m to attempt sitting at the back comfortably. For the 335i, have sat someone 1.88m tall in the rear comfortably.

2. Fuel consumption figures in singapore. Audi TT rougly 8.5 km/l, 335i roughly 5.8-6.0 km/l. Don't drive much on highways so my figure might be lower than some other owners.

3. Audi FWD, can get wheel front spin when coming out of corners.

4. 335i steering gives more feedback and has a better feel.

5. Audi TT gives more of a roadster feel. you can feel that you're going fast (a shiok feeling sometimes), nice exhaust note, can hear spoiler goes up at 125 km/h and goes down at 80 km/h. 335i has more of a cruiser feeling... don't feel that i'm going fast unless i redline the car. It just builds up speed linearly and effortlessly with the amount of torque that it has.

6. Audi TT feels more nimble as it's lighter and smaller. Only abt 1280 kg compared to 335i 1615 kg.

7. Audi DSG gearbox beats 335i auto hands down

8. when parked next to each other, more peeps notices the audi than the 335i coupe (unfortunately haha). :(

9. interior finishing is really subjective... some folks like the audi's more, some like the 335i more... different feel really imho.

10. 335i sound system sounds better.

11. Audi invites you to loads of nice events (aftersales)... something i wished PML did more!

that's it really.

Like another person suggested, you could also wait for the Audi A/S5 to be released... i think that might be a great alternative for you... rumours are that A5 preview event would be held next month.

View attachment 13012

View attachment 13013

View attachment 13014

actually the preview of S5 is tomorrow nite (invite only event), one flown in specially from germany. Will ask for you when it'll be available in singapore.

S5!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 345bhp 440nm 4.2L V8 engine! Combined with Audi's renowned build quality, DSG and 4-wheel drive! Now that is one NICE car! :)

I WANT TO GO!

Sam, no need to see lah. Sure nice one. I'll take the 335 off your hands. Bro to Bro price.

335 alternative.... Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElsieHarris
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back