335i coupe advice & comments

Re: 335i coupe advice & comments

Honestly, has anyone got service light due just after 5000-6000km?

Song ... Loan approved... Sub insurance ...

Looks like stock ride coming...

alvinthedrummer;852645 said:
Honestly, has anyone got service light due just after 5000-6000km?

Bro...i can ustand how you feel..

I'm not sure if my story is similar to yours but i just bought a used E92 335i in April this year..At the time of purchase, i was told by the dealer that owner just serviced his car less than a month back (ie: early april). I called PML to check for service history etc & got the same reply (verified the mileage & it was indeed doen about less than 1000km )..

Howver, about 2 wks ago, i noticed the service indicator light on start up a couple of times...but i have only driven approx 5k max from the time i took over..!!!

So. decided to call my trusted guy at MA & he wanted me to bring the car down for inspection, which i i did (do i really have a choice..!!)

While driving there, i was thinking of 2 possible situations: a) i was cinned that the car was serviced; b) there could be leakage and/or some issue with the car..

After much checking, he told me the previous service apparently may not have included engine oil top up hence the need to top up now..which i 'm sure most bros will find it rather strange..do they do service without engine oil top up? or rather, what other 'service' was performed then?

Anyway, i told myself to just go ahead with what my SA advised me..but form here, i will definitely monitor if the service indicator light comes up after 5k or less...

Will keep you posted ya..

mohankls said:
After much checking, he told me the previous service apparently may not have included engine oil top up hence the need to top up now..which i 'm sure most bros will find it rather strange..do they do service without engine oil top up? or rather, what other 'service' was performed then?

The engine oil top-up scenario is rather common in 335s. Even with service intervals of 5,000 kms, you will still see cars requiring top-up at 2,000 or 3,000 kms. 1-litre to last till next oil change.

Hallo Seniors,

I read many thread already but i am a nebie to these fast cars and turbos ride ... ths situation is like this and appreciate pointers and advise to help me save abit here and there ...

I bought a ride which is 11 months old (any brothers here just sold their ride ?)

It is 12,000km mileage and it is more or less servicing time.

As i have never buy from PML, can you kindly advise;

1. Is there any free servicing ?
2. Warranty is 3 years or 100,000km whichever first ?
3. First servicing is 15,000 km ?

Since i am not doing any inspection due to the car is 11 mths old and covered under PML, I would send in early for the servicing. But question is what sort of items should i buy to bring down ?

ie, engine oil ? oil filter ? spark plugs ? coolant ? First servicing what sort of engine oil to use ?

Not really sure what to do for this servicing.

Can somebody help and give me ideas and budget for this ?

Also is it worth to bring to boss to inspect since it is a 11 mth car wit warranty.

does the warranty cover paint work ? How does paint work warranty covers ?

Plsd to hear.

Do a search la don't be lazy.

Supan - do you play soccer?

Oilman;854159 said:
Do a search la don't be lazy.

Search what ?

0w 40
or 5w 40 ?

does this means all servicing this oil or have to change ?

cos i drive japanese non turbo makes in the past and have zero clue about the incoming ride thats y kindly bear with me leh ...

Been there and read many threads already ...

cant find mine case out there for case study thats y secretly in office ask the questions to see if any senior can guide me.

kenntona;854164 said:
Supan - do you play soccer?

i duck hand duck leg ... i can be ball picker ... :)

I play bowling ... basketball and hehe ... like balls on hand lah ..:laughlik:

SUPAN;854150 said:
Hallo Seniors,

I read many thread already but i am a nebie to these fast cars and turbos ride ... ths situation is like this and appreciate pointers and advise to help me save abit here and there ...

I bought a ride which is 11 months old (any brothers here just sold their ride ?)

It is 12,000km mileage and it is more or less servicing time.

As i have never buy from PML, can you kindly advise;

1. Is there any free servicing ?
2. Warranty is 3 years or 100,000km whichever first ?
3. First servicing is 15,000 km ?

Since i am not doing any inspection due to the car is 11 mths old and covered under PML, I would send in early for the servicing. But question is what sort of items should i buy to bring down ?

ie, engine oil ? oil filter ? spark plugs ? coolant ? First servicing what sort of engine oil to use ?

Not really sure what to do for this servicing.

Can somebody help and give me ideas and budget for this ?

Also is it worth to bring to boss to inspect since it is a 11 mth car wit warranty.

does the warranty cover paint work ? How does paint work warranty covers ?

Plsd to hear.

12000km..........

cheeeeeeeeeeers

Hi Supan,

1. Is there any free servicing ? No. But coffee, tea and cake are free.
2. Warranty is 3 years or 100,000km whichever first ? Yes
3. First servicing is 15,000 km ? If you are referring to oil change, no. Should be earlier but I guess the first owner should have done it.

Since i am not doing any inspection due to the car is 11 mths old and covered under PML, I would send in early for the servicing. Good idea

Please thank me ya. :D

But question is what sort of items should i buy to bring down ? ie, engine oil ? oil filter ? spark plugs ? coolant ? If you want to save on cost of engine oil, buy your own and bring down. In fact oil filter also can bring down yourself but then most people normally just bring oil only la. But you can also use their oil which is Castrol Edge I think.
Anyway I am not answering about spark plugs unless you want to change the stock ones which should still be quite new.

First servicing what sort of engine oil to use ? Up to you.....

Can somebody help and give me ideas and budget for this ? If normal oil servicing and using PML's oil, it's around $250-280. If you use own oil then you only pay PML for labour/oil filter which is $80+.

Also is it worth to bring to boss to inspect since it is a 11 mth car wit warranty. Depends on what is your purpose of wanting to do it.

Please thank me ya :)

Last edited by a moderator:

without C3PO, 335i new owner confirm will suffer........

U da Man.......
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;854189 said:
without C3PO, 335i new owner confirm will suffer........

U da Man.......
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Without ac323, the whole forum will suffer.............

U da Man..........
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

supan are you the one who called me today enquiring about my f10?
reading thru your thread versus our conversation machiam same person
considering S5 but more all less settled on a 335 etc
all along drive Japan non turbo
then ask me the diff between n54 and n55, 6 speed versus 8 speed

C3P0;854204 said:
Without ac323, the whole forum will suffer.............

U da Man..........
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

cant be.............still got Hitmee amd iScoupe...........plus MW

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thk you senior.

Read a lot of your threads n feel sorry your threads always kana ot n hear about your 60k dirty air filter.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you think I should go boss for inspection first b4 servicing ?

C3P0;854185 said:
Hi Supan,

1. Is there any free servicing ? No. But coffee, tea and cake are free.
2. Warranty is 3 years or 100,000km whichever first ? Yes
3. First servicing is 15,000 km ? If you are referring to oil change, no. Should be earlier but I guess the first owner should have done it.

Since i am not doing any inspection due to the car is 11 mths old and covered under PML, I would send in early for the servicing. Good idea

Please thank me ya. :D

golilok;854276 said:
supan are you the one who called me today enquiring about my f10?
reading thru your thread versus our conversation machiam same person
considering S5 but more all less settled on a 335 etc
all along drive Japan non turbo
then ask me the diff between n54 and n55, 6 speed versus 8 speed

No senior. I bought Liao. Delivery Friday. My hp 96552397

Thanks breakdown.

As it is a second hand car n not even gone first servicing, dunno what is in there in the engine oil case. So can do engine flushing ? Or what is the engine oil when buy new from pml ?

Next on the case on inspection, since it is 11 mths old, we will not know if any parts are damaged. Intend to inspect by boss n if any faulty parts, can complain to pml on first servicing to get it replaced.

Otherwise if I pay pml for inspection I m sure they will say all is fine. Am I right?

C3P0;854187 said:
But question is what sort of items should i buy to bring down ? ie, engine oil ? oil filter ? spark plugs ? coolant ? If you want to save on cost of engine oil, buy your own and bring down. In fact oil filter also can bring down yourself but then most people normally just bring oil only la. But you can also use their oil which is Castrol Edge I think.
Anyway I am not answering about spark plugs unless you want to change the stock ones which should still be quite new.

First servicing what sort of engine oil to use ? Up to you.....

Can somebody help and give me ideas and budget for this ? If normal oil servicing and using PML's oil, it's around $250-280. If you use own oil then you only pay PML for labour/oil filter which is $80+.

Also is it worth to bring to boss to inspect since it is a 11 mth car wit warranty. Depends on what is your purpose of wanting to do it.

Please thank me ya :)

SUPAN;854364 said:
Thk you senior.

Read a lot of your threads n feel sorry your threads always kana ot n hear about your 60k dirty air filter.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you think I should go boss for inspection first b4 servicing ?

Hi bro, pls don't call me senior otherwise Hitmee and Ken will become old men liao. Btw I'm only 26....

In my opinion, go outside workshop only if u have problems and PML either take too long to remedy or u simply don't trust them to rectify the problem for u.
So in my opinion there's no need to, at this moment....11 months, car should still be good.....anything wrong, go back PML first and bang table. U paid for the premium price which includes warranty didn't u?

Pls click Thanks button, thank you :D

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back