4 error messages appeared at the same time!

Hi guys,

I am driving an E60 523i YOM 05. I had these 4 error messages which first appeared two weeks ago:

1. DBC failure!
2. Drive control system!
3. Servotronic failure!
4. Start assistant failure!

Subsequently, these error messages would disappear if the car was restarted. I did a search online and found that this problem could be due to a fault with the alternator. However, a local workshop thinks that it could be an ABS fault than the alternator as the diagnostic tool showed that the alternator was still charging.

Are there any drivers here who had the same problem and managed to rectify the fault?

thanks in advance!

Re: 4 error messages appeared at the same time!

Did the workshop use any diagnostic tool or just plain guessing?

sszone;835653 said:
Did the workshop use any diagnostic tool or just plain guessing?

Hi bro,

yup, the mechanic used a diagnostic tool then and that was how he came to the conclusion that the fault should not be due to the alternator. :helpp!:

But the ABS! fault did pop up momentarily on last Saturday evening albeit for a second or two only and the other messages popped up soon after..:mad:

Nah I got all these errors after a ECU remap. Clear the errors, and drive the car. If it recurrs then it's a real problem.

detach8;835859 said:
Nah I got all these errors after a ECU remap. Clear the errors, and drive the car. If it recurrs then it's a real problem.

Hi bro,

thanks for the reply! ECU remap?Hmm, but I did not do any ECU remap/reflash of any sort leh other than the reprogramming done after the regular servicing a couple of weeks ago..:yikess:

Clear the errors? Hmm, okie I can explore that option first!

Better scrap the car & buy new F10. May catch fire.

Divespyder;835971 said:

Wah, you traded up to F10 already? I'm still with my humble 5-year old E60 leh. Don't know when will catch fire. Our insurance cover fire if there is a known recall and dealer hasn't issue the notice?

Noler still with my beloved E60 & enjoying my mods. It's crazy to buy the F10 now even if paying cash. There r more meaningful ways to spend $. Definitely not issuing cheque to our govt.

I'm done with mods. Mod virus is finally DEAD.

156F1;835991 said:
Wah, you traded up to F10 already? I'm still with my humble 5-year old E60 leh. Don't know when will catch fire. Our insurance cover fire if there is a known recall and dealer hasn't issue the notice?

Are u guys talking about the battery cover recall? I went Munich to rectify the problem already. It's free =)

Buywellsellwell;836183 said:
Are u guys talking about the battery cover recall? I went Munich to rectify the problem already. It's free =)

Ah... Is it a quick job? Can I just drop in to do the fix or must I make appointment?

Divespyder;835971 said:

Hmm, I am trying to hold onto this car for at least another 21/2 years to see how the COE goes then. Like you, I am not ready to put my hard earned money to boost our Nation's coffers because the someone said that our economy is "doing well" while my account book says the opposite..:wtf:

Battery cover recall for the E60? Didn't receive any notice from PML leh..:silenced:

Hmm, okie it seems that I may be the only facing this issue with the E60...now I am getting worried!:huhhuh:

156F1;836199 said:
Ah... Is it a quick job? Can I just drop in to do the fix or must I make appointment?

Yes, just call or come by and we will verify if your vehicle is one of the affected. Look for Jayde Ng, she will be doing the coordination.

nbz, bo jio...... how divespyder? when wanna go do? we go together?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvipbeauty

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back