4 pipe exhaust

totoseow

Legendary 10 Years
saw a 4 pipe exhaust on 2 cars...a 328ci n a 525 (e60).

understood from mike at SWC that fong seng fits them....wondering if any bros know wot brand they r? how is the feedback n any added weight? or r they purely cosmetic?

the one i've seen on the road is a black e60 with the ACS peanut exhaust both sides.

for quad exhaust, depends on whether you want them functional or not.

however bear in mind they are illegal. super mod queen dvanos's 323ci ferrari lookalike had exhaust coming out both left and right side, and since they are functional, were caught and declared illegal lan lan have to remove and kena fine.

Re: 4 pipe exhaust

totoseow said:
saw a 4 pipe exhaust on 2 cars...a 328ci n a 525 (e60).

understood from mike at SWC that fong seng fits them....wondering if any bros know wot brand they r? how is the feedback n any added weight? or r they purely cosmetic?

U mean Fong Kim? Alot of people on quad pipes but the pair on the right usually non-functional type. They come in all shapes and sizes at Fong Kim. The brand of tip is super dynamics. One tip usually goes for $70 with labour. But if u wanna weld artifical tip on the right, may require more work coz no muffler box for the tip to be weld to but can still be done.

Besides Fong Kim, u can also try Man Exhaust at Sin Ming.

wot was i thinking...fong seng is the nasi lemak at nus! hahaha..yes yes fong kim.

no point having them for cosmetic reasons...n not sure for a 3litre engine do i really need another 2 pipes on the right? dun think there is so much power to throw out. just thot they look nice...but i think pretty easy to b caught for it.

totoseow said:
wot was i thinking...fong seng is the nasi lemak at nus! hahaha..yes yes fong kim.

no point having them for cosmetic reasons...n not sure for a 3litre engine do i really need another 2 pipes on the right? dun think there is so much power to throw out. just thot they look nice...but i think pretty easy to b caught for it.

I dun think it is illegal to weld 2 extra fake tips on the right side of the fender. No diff from bodykitting wat... unless u protrude the tips until like "tek ko" aka bamboo sticks like dat. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was at Fong Kim two days ago. They can weld a 4-pipe exhaust look-alike. Was advised to have all four on cosmetic look only. Real exhaust will be diverted downwards, otherwise it will sound aweful. Also, this way, you don't have two with soot and the other two bright and shinny. Parts plus labour $200. They have exhaust tips of various shapes and sizes.

I checked with a TP friend. Apparently cosmetic mod is no offence - as long as you play with the tip only (without touching the box).

Cool! Time to get my tips changed from the chrome ones to slightly bigger ones... maybe 83mm?

4-Exhaust Tips

Can anybody feedback on the sound if the exhaust is redirected downwards, and a cosmetic 2-tips is welded, on the 318?

How does this look....?

MapleLeaf said:
Can anybody feedback on the sound if the exhaust is redirected downwards, and a cosmetic 2-tips is welded, on the 318?

How does this look....?
IMO,

Please..don't do it.

It looks really weird. Again, this is my own opinion.

I feel that, if one is wanting to go for the 4 pipe look..don't do it half way.

Make it look like the M3 pipes, the same diameter, and if possible, do it closer..like how the M3 exhaust looks like.

Right now it reminds me of those many mercs who put 4 pipe..and it's so obvious from the sides that it is simply a weld-on.

You have a M-tech rear bumper. Why not just make bigger twin pipes? it'll look MUCH more fiercer than 4 small ones.

Re: 4-Exhaust Tips

MapleLeaf said:

How does this look....?

Yah bro, nice but u need fatter tips... there are already people making fun of mine after I did it for my e39 :twisted:

There shdn't be any diff to exhaust note as u are not doing any operation to the exhaust system :wavey:

Thanks bros for the feedback. Yeah, I'll go for the 2-tips. Not the four - I know it does not look realistic, especially without the exhaust box in the background. I'm thinking of the square ones (rounded corners of course).

Question: Any difference between unbranded tips and those like SuperSprint and ACS? (I consider Fong Kim's Super Dynamics as unbranded. Maybe unfair, I know).

ok me too... bad idea...dun like faking the funk...will go wif mapleleaf...look at 2 pipes...

MapleLeaf said:
Thanks bros for the feedback. Yeah, I'll go for the 2-tips. Not the four - I know it does not look realistic, especially without the exhaust box in the background. I'm thinking of the square ones (rounded corners of course).

Question: Any difference between unbranded tips and those like SuperSprint and ACS? (I consider Fong Kim's Super Dynamics as unbranded. Maybe unfair, I know).

I think the diff is in the price. The range at Fong Kim is not too bad. Quality wise also ok. U shd be able to find what u looking for.

totoseow said:
ok me too... bad idea...dun like faking the funk...will go wif mapleleaf...look at 2 pipes...

Bro, I thot your 530i already got prominent twin pipes. U want more chor onee is it? Yup, u shd be able to find yours at Fong Kim too. Enjoy. :thumbsup:

T6 said:
Yah bro, nice but u need fatter tips... there are already people making fun of mine after I did it for my e39 :twisted:

Andy, the twin exhaust tips on your car is abit to small cos your is a 5er.
:ehhh:

Why not go back to FK and change the tips? Less than 1 hr job and happy happy after that.

arsenal62 said:

Why not go back to FK and change the tips? Less than 1 hr job and happy happy after that.

Still not eye-sore.. so might live with it a while more.. wait to the rest of the mods in :twisted: then I might make another trip to FK... got trade in value boh hah :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

T6 said:
arsenal62 said:

Still not eye-sore.. so might live with it a while more.. wait to the rest of the mods in :twisted: then I might make another trip to FK... got trade in value boh hah :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wow! Andy, care to share what other mods you have in mind?

gp said:
Wow! Andy, care to share what other mods you have in mind?

Hi Benny,

Nothing fancy lah. PM u liao.

Andy, if u going down to FK to do the tips, call me yah? I'm procrestinating about it.... wanted to do it for a long time...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangnhapfun88

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back