420i or 428i

Duke

hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting a bimmer 4series but is being torn between 420i or 428i. Other than the horsepower, is there other major differences?

Hope you guys can give me some enlightenment.

Thank you

Re: 420i or 428i

Check additional options that may be included in 428, e.g Professional Navigation, NBT with Bigger screen, Paddle Shifts, etc

Reverse cam? Hp gap can be narrowed down with a tune cos it's the same engine with some slight differences. On the other hand, based on personal experience, we will always envy the higher option so make sure you don't regret if you choose the lower option

Agreed with isjm, always go for higher model and options if can afford.

As as far as I know, reverse cam on come with those 35 models. Not with 20 or 28 models.

Not enough HP? Look for Codewerx. Hahaha

You you should go down to pml and ask them to highlight all the differences, I believe 428 comes with HUD as standard which is a great option, you should also get Hifi audio, sun roof, larger rims, reverse cam, NBT screen as standard?

if you intend to keep the car long I would opt for the 428, just personal choice

Duke;1125810 said:
hi Guys,

I'm thinking of getting a bimmer 4series but is being torn between 420i or 428i. Other than the horsepower, is there other major differences?

Hope you guys can give me some enlightenment.

Thank you

428i Roofless.........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

I own a 428 convertible. Maybe I can give you some advice. Mine is a M sport model. Comes with M sports steering wheel, kit, rims etc. No matter which model you chose, get the M sport model. The normal model looks too soft and if you intend to add in some body kits, the normal model won't be able to fit in.
Yes, the 428 comes with a heads up display which I was quite surprise as I thought it only comes in the 35 model. Reverse camera is in the package as well. Other than that, I think cars these days comes in full option. So, you need not worry about it. You might want to check with the sales agent.
It all comes down to what you want. If you only want the look and not that much HP, chose the 420. If you want some fun, chose the 428 / 435. Anyway, both have the same engine capacity and paying the same road tax. Like what brother 5now5torm has said, you can add in the mod for 420. But again, you can also mod your 428 as well. Chose what fits into your budget.

Yeah and if you get the m sport body kit, do consider the performance brakes as option, cos replacing them is a headache and te stock brakes look joke with the bodykit

Poison starts haha

isjm;1125861 said:
Yeah and if you get the m sport body kit, do consider the performance brakes as option, cos replacing them is a headache and te stock brakes look joke with the bodykit

i do not own a 4 but a 3GT .. was at the same dilemma back then between a 20 or 28 .. finally settled for a 20 M-Sport series ... the M-sport series kit, steering wheel makes the big difference in the feel of the car... I upgraded to M Performance Brakes later and that completes the looks - not forgetting that I dumped the 18" M-sports rims for 19" Breyton Fascinate Black! If you are not a speed seeker, 20 will be more than enough for you - enable the Sports mode .. the response is already very sporty! After warranty period, go for chip up solution ... but if you are a power hunger rider, than go for whatever highest bhp your pocket can afford ..

Guys Thanks for all the advises.

Actually i went down to showroom and check out the car last weekend but never get to test drive it due to time constraints. Most probably will go for the 428i four door as will be expecting my first born very soon. Wife still suggested go for the X4, very swee and family car. OMG!!! My first reaction to her: " then i shall stick with my old car".

Thanks Bro Ken for the M body kits suggestion as i believe exterior is important. Will check it out with the sales agent. Im not really into car tuning therefore 428i HP is pretty awesome for me. Also i dont want the warranty to be void bcos nowadays new car come with a 3 years warranty.

Coming friday after voting will be going down showroom to choose... two important decision to make on Friday. LOL

With a newborn the sloping roofline of the 4 series would make it more challenging to place and remove the child's seat comfortably. I considered the 4er but decided for that reason to go with the 3er. Personal choice of course.

If you can tahan abit longer the new f30 LCI 330i will be introduced soon, new engine and tweaked suspension has some pretty good reviews. But pricing and options remains a mystery so that's the risk

Duke;1125883 said:
Guys Thanks for all the advises.

Actually i went down to showroom and check out the car last weekend but never get to test drive it due to time constraints. Most probably will go for the 428i four door as will be expecting my first born very soon. Wife still suggested go for the X4, very swee and family car. OMG!!! My first reaction to her: " then i shall stick with my old car".

Thanks Bro Ken for the M body kits suggestion as i believe exterior is important. Will check it out with the sales agent. Im not really into car tuning therefore 428i HP is pretty awesome for me. Also i dont want the warranty to be void bcos nowadays new car come with a 3 years warranty.

Coming friday after voting will be going down showroom to choose... two important decision to make on Friday. LOL

mercuryz;1125885 said:
With a newborn the sloping roofline of the 4 series would make it more challenging to place and remove the child's seat comfortably. I considered the 4er but decided for that reason to go with the 3er. Personal choice of course.

If you can tahan abit longer the new f30 LCI 330i will be introduced soon, new engine and tweaked suspension has some pretty good reviews. But pricing and options remains a mystery so that's the risk

I absolutely agree about the sloped roof, but if TS has no intention of constantly taking the car seat in and out of the car, it is a minor inconvenience. Driving dynamics, 4er GC will be very similar to regular 4er coupe, but will be very different from 3er.

Haha bro if only life was that easy

Actually for the 1st 6 months the baby would typically be carried in and out with the baby seat, after that when the baby is more developed then can carry in the seat but if the seat is rear facing its tricky to put the seatbelt on without taking the seat our of the car. When the baby turns 1 year plus and moves to the baby seat (front facing) parent will still have to carry and buckle the child in, child seat buckles are not that easy to clip in like regular seatbelts, not to mention if you're in a tight carpark trying to get the child out can be tricky. Just something for the TS to note since he is going to be a dad. Its an inconvenience which can big/small pending on situation.

But given the F30 LCI is coming out with the B48 engine I definitely think its worth a wait for, but PML will unlikely to throw in Msport package and not sure how the pricing will follow. But the new engine has torque peaking at lower rpm with higher Hp,tweaked gearbox & suspension with a much stiffer chassis, so far online reviews have been very positive. Not sure how handling compares between F30 LCI and F34, hope someone will provide a review soon.

5now5torm;1125893 said:
I absolutely agree about the sloped roof, but if TS has no intention of constantly taking the car seat in and out of the car, it is a minor inconvenience. Driving dynamics, 4er GC will be very similar to regular 4er coupe, but will be very different from 3er.

mercuryz;1125903 said:
Haha bro if only life was that easy

Actually for the 1st 6 months the baby would typically be carried in and out with the baby seat, after that when the baby is more developed then can carry in the seat but if the seat is rear facing its tricky to put the seatbelt on without taking the seat our of the car. When the baby turns 1 year plus and moves to the baby seat (front facing) parent will still have to carry and buckle the child in, child seat buckles are not that easy to clip in like regular seatbelts, not to mention if you're in a tight carpark trying to get the child out can be tricky. Just something for the TS to note since he is going to be a dad. Its an inconvenience which can big/small pending on situation.

But given the F30 LCI is coming out with the B48 engine I definitely think its worth a wait for, but PML will unlikely to throw in Msport package and not sure how the pricing will follow. But the new engine has torque peaking at lower rpm with higher Hp,tweaked gearbox & suspension with a much stiffer chassis, so far online reviews have been very positive. Not sure how handling compares between F30 LCI and F34, hope someone will provide a review soon.

Bro, I am getting married next year and that's the excuse which I gave to my girlfriend and family. Use this excuse and you might end up like me, getting a convertible! Easy access!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latemarriage
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back