5 n 6 series recall

Re: 5 n 6 series recall

Guys & Gals,

Jut got a letter from PML asking me to send the car in for this recall. Called them back today and sending in next week. They said that the check will take 45 mins. Anybody else got the letter??

Divespyder;796305 said:
Nope never got this letter.

I guess maybe they doing it in batches then?? I did call them when the news came out in the ST though. They recorded my particulars then.

PML really SUCKS big time! I got the recall letter, called them up to make apptm for this morning, went on time, service supervisor not v friendly and took in my car telling me no car wash after fixing will be 45 mins, if car wash may be 2 hrs. So opted for no car wash n waited there for abt half n hour, and then saw the svc sup came towards me with a SHOCKING NEWS- they have STOCK OUT on the spares!!!
Really duno wat kind of flow of operation do they have! Such a big exercise they can c@ck up like that!!! Realllly Boil Man!!!!
So u guys pls take note.

Oh u shd have seen wat I went thru when I went to Kg Arang parts dept to buy a particular part for my car after I called n they said please come down. The counter girl damn pro typed furiously on the PC to look for part number n look for stock n said yes they have. I took out my wallet n said give me. She typed again furiously n then said no stock at kg arang. I then said why did u tell me to come to kg arang then?! She said "oh we thot u coming down to check part number and where the stock is, if u rush now u can still make it to Alexandra before they close cos nw 5pm already"

Cb

Yours is an isolated part. But tis recall thing is supposed to be a big exercise!!! So if ur company dont hv enough stock n not ready, why u send out letters to car owners n accepting apptmts?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Can we just drop in at MA for the check and fix without appointment?

156F1;798893 said:

the last message from M-Nut was we can do it there too.

question is mine is pre-own but PML car, did not bother to change ownership info so wonder if they will accept it.

anyone else have updated info?

I am going to MA for servicing this Friday for the first time. Mine is also a pre-owned Pml car. Have asked them about the recall but over the phone, they mentioned that they may not have my chassis number on record coz it is from Pml. They will check when I send the car in. Will update what happens.

156F1;798893 said:

Dear 156F1,

If you like, but do let us know so we can ensure the part is available for you prior to you coming down.

SpoiltBrat;798897 said:
the last message from M-Nut was we can do it there too.

question is mine is pre-own but PML car, did not bother to change ownership info so wonder if they will accept it.

anyone else have updated info?

Dear SPoiltBrat,

Pre-own BMW is still BMW, still covered under the recall. Let us know how we can assist.

Winger;799315 said:
I am going to MA for servicing this Friday for the first time. Mine is also a pre-owned Pml car. Have asked them about the recall but over the phone, they mentioned that they may not have my chassis number on record coz it is from Pml. They will check when I send the car in. Will update what happens.

Dear Winger,

Thank you so very much for doing us the honour and privilege of allowing us the opportunity to contribute to ensuring that your BMW Ownership experience is an elated and positive one always. We look forward to be of service this Friday.

毛主席说"不管黑猫还是白猫,能抓到老鼠的就是好猫"

Likewise, "不管是Pml还是MA,能弄好你的宝马才能算是当之无愧的好宝马(代理)"

sszone;799336 said:
毛主席说"不管黑猫还是白猫,能抓到老鼠的就是好猫"

Likewise, "不管是Pml还是MA,能弄好你的宝马才能算是当之无愧的好宝马(代理)"

Dear sszone,

So true, does not matter which AD fix so long as that AD fixes the problem. I just hope BMW owners give MA the opportunity to do so and prove once and for all what we are capable of.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well hendra, I guess most of the guys are relieved with the alternative MA is offering.
To be fair to MA and m owners, as long as the yours covering pml warranty does not affect your support to M owners, I guess everyone will be happy abt it.

Winger;799315 said:

Can update us the service experience too?

Thinking of an alternative place to send my car for its next servicing in May.

Thanks

M-Nut;799337 said:
Dear sszone,

So true, does not matter which AD fix so long as that AD fixes the problem. I just hope BMW owners give MA the opportunity to do so and prove once and for all what we are capable of.

I have never seen an alternative AD show such enthusiasm in service. All other ADs cannot even be bothered.

Clap clap to MA

Hear hear. When the legal matters surrounding my issue are cleared, I'll post a field report & highlight just how big a difference there is, between MA & PML.

I swear to you, PML must be sick of my King Kong Buddha Lotus Palm by now...

Dont recall all leh.. I though of asking anyone can rent me his BMW 5 series for my wedding please, this coming MAY 2012

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubbeer

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back