• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

5 yr old beemer

regret

e46 coupe and e60 520, any probs? heard mike say after 5 yrs, mileage above 100000km alot of probs...isit true? tks..

Re: 5 yr old beemer

Hi regret,

most of the ride 100,000km and above usually will have a higher chance of having wear and tear parts problem........even the leather might even look boring so plus minus must stand by some cash for touch and doing repair....that;s where you need to factor this in when doing your calculation...........if not buy say a 2 to 3 years old ride.......(takes awhile to find if not try PML premium selection)........

happy searching bro.............
hope you will find your most awaited dream ride soon ya............

cheers

my previous 520 gave ALOT of problems after 3 years... sold it at the 4th year... i gave up... everything broke down... frm the expected ones to the unthinkable ones...

the common things like bushing , engine mountings , steering rack and pinion.. coolant pipes... oil sum....

to the more uncommon ones like active steering sensor... airbag sensor... seat belt sensor.... lights...electrical problems... even wiper washer pump!

im now exploring the idea of a 5 yr old e60 520! mileage shd be ard 90k - 120km thereabouts..

bro since u so eng, help me c which wan more worth it can? tks! hee

Used BMW 520i Car for Sale from Singapore, - sgCarMart
no mods..mileage 96000km...color boring...1 owner

Used BMW 520i Car for Sale from Singapore, - sgCarMart
alot of mods..2 owners..mileage 120000km..SIANZZ

Used BMW 520i Car for Sale from Singapore, CJ Automobile - sgCarMart
color ok, mileage 90000km, 1 owner, bt dealer..hard to BARGAIN!!! :(

Hi regret,

so better not buy a used 520i....at least go for 525i or 530i........

cheers

Terry;462977 said:
my previous 520 gave ALOT of problems after 3 years... sold it at the 4th year... i gave up... everything broke down... frm the expected ones to the unthinkable ones...

the common things like bushing , engine mountings , steering rack and pinion.. coolant pipes... oil sum....

to the more uncommon ones like active steering sensor... airbag sensor... seat belt sensor.... lights...electrical problems... even wiper washer pump!

FAINTZZZ...so much prob?? hw mileage very high?? hw much u paid for repairs in total??

Hi regret,

looks like the one from CJ looks best..........

cheers

Hi regret,

cause hardly heard 525i and 530i owner complaint i supposed......but some time buying car is all about luck as well....(what do you think?)

cheers

true true...sometimes buy new car can aso kena lemon!! hmm...maybe can send the car for chks e4 commiting?

Hi regret,

check with the dealer on the history of the car and last servicing was when....then send to BVO or J4C (better) play safe.........

good luck.......

cheers

notsogoodman;463015 said:
let me try, Regret (& I) will ask, will it be difficult to sell a car that has 4 owners? If so, then prob be looking at export after that

Bros,

Definetely export after that lah..... But the good this is can squeeze the dealer or the current owner. As long as can squeeze out the remaining years depri to the lowest then gain liao lor.

But then again, lowest has no limit also lah...... so have to set a guage line lor

Anyway... happy shopping to both you and regret.

Sincerely hope that you guys can find the right match.

Cheers

like terry, my last E60 520i had many problems when it hit the 4th year. transmission jerky, radiator leaking, active steering sensor etc... and my mileage was only 70k..

think go for at least 523i..

regret;462982 said:
FAINTZZZ...so much prob?? hw mileage very high?? hw much u paid for repairs in total??

actually after 80k milage the nightmare start coming...

i would say stay away frm anything more than 3 years old if u are buying a used car..

and also problems can come anytime... unpredictable...u bring 100 mechanics to check on it today might be ok tmr come problem...especially electrical...

like what nitrox say...after 3 years...transmission jerky... dont pray pray...

DIE DIE DONT BUY ANYTHING MORE THAN 3 YR OLD CAR!!!! U WILL REGRET.... REPAIRING ITSELF IS NOT CHEAP...WASTE TIME AT WORKSHOP...AND ALL THE HEART ACHE...

oh yeah dont buy modded used cars too... usually higher wear and tear.... as well as more higher chance of spirited driving... to hell when they say it wasnt...

nitrox;463047 said:
like terry, my last E60 520i had many problems when it hit the 4th year. transmission jerky, radiator leaking, active steering sensor etc... and my mileage was only 70k..

think go for at least 523i..

usually china girl goes jerky and sensors broken after 4 days... their warranty is over by the 2nd day once you pay them... SLK say one

Terry;462977 said:

Your ride always carry so many chai(s).... and running on 22" rims, of course got many many problems la.... all the wear and tear.....

But I guess at the end of the day, it is luck... I was told that BMWs in general will start to give problems after 3 years, hence:

1st Year - Bring More Women
2nd Year - Break My Wallet
3rd Year - Bloody Money Waster

But you can check with some of the E39 owners, still quite happy with their ride. But I guess its true that the bigger cc engines have less w&t as they do not work as hard, unless you are Terry... Even 545 got problems....

Good luck in your hunt...

Terry;463070 said:
usually china girl goes jerky and sensors broken after 4 days... their warranty is over by the 2nd day once you pay them... SLK say one

nobody use for 4 days one leh, normally after the 4th hour you are highly encouraged to trade in!

seems like high mileage n over 3 yr old beemer alot of prob...i very scared...sian!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetceovn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back