• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

5 yr old beemer

Re: 5 yr old beemer

1) if i buy used car, I will buy max 2.5 yrs old car..the last 0.5yrs of warranty can be used to fix the car if suay suay got some problems..
2) will try to buy from owners in this forum as i assume most of us are car lovers and will take good care of our rides..
3) source for a contact or someone who is a good mechanic or ver y knowledgeable in car..can ask this person to help to inspect the used car..remember to treat him/her kopi or makan..

Regret, if u buy 5 yr old BMW, be prepared. I bought 5.5 yr old E39 520. Alternator dies, Fuel Pump dies, Shocks Absorber dies, Control arm bush dies, Air cond regulator dies.

Anyway, it is still a sweet ride to me & bring smile on my face.

regret;463104 said:
mike just told me a gear box costs 18k!!!! think can forget abt it...
Gear box can be re-build. It should be around $4-$5k. In BMW part list, there is rebuild kit for gearbox.

regret;463076 said:
seems like high mileage n over 3 yr old beemer alot of prob...i very scared...sian!

If u buy.. ur nick will come true..

Stick to 1-2 year old car

One of the other things to look out for is not to purchase the first few batches of the model. In Terry's case, his, I believe was one of the first few batches. Get those pre-LCI models, shouldn't be that much problems.

Hi TheNew7,

i think even it is LCI model still ok as LCI is the last phase of this current model already as unless it is the earlier first batch of E60 or E90.....(like Terry's ride)

All the LCI model is also sharing the same engine parts as pre-FL except changes in the cosmetic department.......

Like the current E60 520i is using the same engine as E46 318i and E90 320i (4 cycl engine)
any bro can help on this? just incase i am giving the wrong info....

cheers.

wa piangz tat fully modded 520 sold!! so hot meh??? ppl really dun mind the high mileage???

Hi regret,

no worries.........good things are meant to be wait...........go for a used ride with lower mileage safer......if abit ex some time is worth it...no point buy a high mileage then down the road go workshop more than you gonna enjoy it.......in the end waste your precious time and $ as well...........so you will ended up spending more $ and get yourself frustrated.......we must live our life (fully) happy not sad/frustration.....and also $ must be well spend not spend and spend and ended with negative return....

all the best........
have a nice weekend.....

cheers

regret;463254 said:
wa piangz tat fully modded 520 sold!! so hot meh??? ppl really dun mind the high mileage???

Hi regret, try to go for 1 - 2 years old with low mileage, pay a bit more, no regret! Remember, good thing don't come cheap !

I think 3 series has less problem.

ac323;463220 said:
Hi TheNew7,

i think even it is LCI model still ok as LCI is the last phase of this current model already as unless it is the earlier first batch of E60 or E90.....(like Terry's ride)

All the LCI model is also sharing the same engine parts as pre-FL except changes in the cosmetic department.......

Like the current E60 520i is using the same engine as E46 318i and E90 320i (4 cycl engine)
any bro can help on this? just incase i am giving the wrong info....

cheers.

But regret is talking about purchasing a 5 year old E60. Even the earlier batches of LCI had its share of teething problems such as the new gear shift not shifting into the respective gear. But I believe that problem has been solved with new software updates.

I believe the E46 318 and the current E90 318/320 do not share the same engine. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, if you interested, maybe look at a end 2005/2006 model. Mine's around that era and so far, only servicing costs plus mods. The car is running nicely.... hopefully, it will continue to do that for a very long time.....

At the end of the day, it boils down to luck. But I guess precautions are in order. Good luck in your hunt...

Hi Thenew7,

okie.........

cheers

Lci is the facelifted version of the current 5 series launched a few years ago. I want to say 2007 but I am not sure. Prob around 2006 to 2007.....

I think the key here is the mileage, not the age. My 530, when I got it 5 mths ago, was already 4.5 yrs old (Sep 2004). However, it had only 36,000 kms on the clock and I knew rightaway that was the car to grab. All that was needed is to send to a good mechanic to verify the condition - mechanical condition needs to be verified to match its mileage. Once done, straighaway transfer liao.

Been 5 months of ownership, not a single reliability issue, car is perfect and just like when I buy a new car, every cent I am spending is on upgrade, and not repair. Target is to sell it in 2 yrs time, and my target mileage is that it will not be more than 60+k km.

TheNew7;463405 said:
But regret is talking about purchasing a 5 year old E60. Even the earlier batches of LCI had its share of teething problems such as the new gear shift not shifting into the respective gear. But I believe that problem has been solved with new software updates.

I believe the E46 318 and the current E90 318/320 do not share the same engine. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, if you interested, maybe look at a end 2005/2006 model. Mine's around that era and so far, only servicing costs plus mods. The car is running nicely.... hopefully, it will continue to do that for a very long time.....

At the end of the day, it boils down to luck. But I guess precautions are in order. Good luck in your hunt...

when u selling ur car? its one of the leftover gems in singapore liao... i miss ur car... :smack:

Terry;463528 said:
when u selling ur car? its one of the leftover gems in singapore liao... i miss ur car... :smack:

Thank you for the advance sale cheer.... My car's still ok. Just had it serviced and found out need to change tyres... Any advise? Goodyear Asymetric? back to Toyo? PS2?

Maybe downgrade size.....:huhhuh:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetceovn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back