520i vibrate issue

Hey guys I am new in bmw, I just purchase a 2014 520i recently and I noticed when i am driving at above 120km/hr the car tends to vibrate a bit. I have read up forums saying it’s to do with wheel balancing. Any bro’s here can give any advice? I used to drive a Volkswagen Passat cc 2.0 and that thing is powerful so I’m not sure is it cause 520i is just under powered or is it wheel balancing or other issues. Thanks guys!

Happened to me before. Some possibility to look into that might help:
1). High Speed Balancing needed
2). Front Tension Arm Bushing damage
3). Rim damage

okay sure I’ll go get it checked thanks bro! But it usually will not vibrate at all?
It really depends on your definition of "vibration", is it just steering wheel or whole car vibrate at high speed? BMW are supposed to be very stable and feel planted even at high speed. Really hard to know unless 3rd party sat in and feel for himself.

Hey guys I am new in bmw, I just purchase a 2014 520i recently and I noticed when i am driving at above 120km/hr the car tends to vibrate a bit. I have read up forums saying it’s to do with wheel balancing. Any bro’s here can give any advice? I used to drive a Volkswagen Passat cc 2.0 and that thing is powerful so I’m not sure is it cause 520i is just under powered or is it wheel balancing or other issues. Thanks guys!

like what viper warrior said, bmw are supposed to be very stable and planted at high speed, that's one of its main selling point. i rarely go up to 120km/h, but at 110km/h, mine still feels very stable and not the slightest bit of vibration, sometimes i thought i was still at 90km/h. and i don't think 520i is underpowered if you dare step harder on the accelerator.

call up any stockist from the site sponsor and ask. No harm in calling, no obligation.
Just add an estimate figure for labour cost to it.

If you call workshop, they also cannot give you a direct answer because they also need to call the stockist to find out the cost of the spare parts.

Front Tension Arm bushing is not a common part to replace so hard for ws to give you an estimate figure.

maybe a member with experience can advise?

balancing issue! BMW won't vibrate! get it check and sort it out fast. i go 190-200km also wont vibrate! the 5s is a cruiser

Hi Guys,

I am driving a F10 520i/2012 model and recently having engine vibrations.When starting and while stationary with drive mode.Understand the mountings needs to changed.Could you pls advise some recommended workshops and cost.

Thankss

Hi Guys,

I am driving a F10 520i/2012 model and recently having engine vibrations.When starting and while stationary with drive mode.Understand the mountings needs to changed.Could you pls advise some recommended workshops and cost.

Thankss

Changing of Engine & Transmission mount are very common. All site sponsor on this forum specializes on BMW, just call them up for quotation.

Go to eng soon buy the mounts walk next door to benzline or drive to your fav workshop and get them installed. Easy peasy no need to be a bmw specific workshop as engine mounts are pretty easy with the tight tools

The f10 are meant for smooth and sublime rides, with the 4cyl engines, the engineers had the install very soft engine mounts to offer that kind of ride comfort. That is the reason why they perish so fast on the F10. The next car with this problem would be the G series 730.

Thank you.Got my mountings fixed.But my engine still vibrates for afew seconds when I start my car in the morning.Afterwhich is fine.the checks shows fuel air mixture too rich.anyone has the same issue.pls advise.tks

Hi bro,

Did you manage to resolve the vibration issue?

I noticed my F10 is starting to vibrate above 90km/h recently...But i just did wheel balancing when I bought new tyres month ago.

Okay thanks guys I’ll go get it checked and do an update on it thanks bros!!

Hi bro,

I noticed my F10 is starting to vibrate above 90km/h recently...But i just did wheel balancing when I bought new tyres month ago.
Hi bro,

Hi,vibrations have ceased after changing my engine and gearbox mountings.thank u guys.

Hi,vibrations have ceased after changing my engine and gearbox mountings.thank u guys.
Thanks for your reply bro..
Glad to hear the vibrations are gone

Mine is related to high speed, like what the thread starter mentioned. Above 80kmh, the steering wheel starts to vibrate. Wheel balancing recently done.

Jus wondering if he managed to fix it with the various advice/suggestions given here.

Thanks for your reply bro..
Glad to hear the vibrations are gone

Mine is related to high speed, like what the thread starter mentioned. Above 80kmh, the steering wheel starts to vibrate. Wheel balancing recently done.

Jus wondering if he managed to fix it with the various advice/suggestions given here.
get workshop to check wheel bearings and under carriage rubber bushings and ball joints.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
66sin88com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back