523 no longer in demand

The Guardian

This is what a PPSL sales told me when I ask how they value my car.
He said 520 is in demand now cos people dun want to spend so much on maintenance.
True?

I agree 520 higher demand than 523 but due to too much maintenance IMO is bullshit. Due to road tax consideration maybe still acceptable reason.
There are so many factor to consider, like how the car has being taken care of by the owner. So maintenance will be higher for the car that are not well maintained.

So it's correct about the demand.
Mine has 6wb, m sport steering, m tech kit with lip and rear climate control. Not going to dekit so my lost will be a gain to the next owner.

This is what a PPSL sales told me when I ask how they value my car.
He said 520 is in demand now cos people dun want to spend so much on maintenance.
True?

they have to tell you that so that they can offer you a ridiculously low price for your car.

whats your model and year? Maybe I'll upgrade from 520 to 523 to taste the power of the 523... wahaha, just kidding.

Bulk of maintenance cost are usually the labour. Spare parts difference between the 520 and 523 is marginal for most, probably same for some as well. Old-schooled salesman will ALWAYs say not so good things about your item, whether car or property.... Heck, even the garang guni man will say your old hand phone no value and offer S$5 to take it in!!!

Agree with your comments.
Selling yourself is always good provided you have the time and patience with viewing and nego.
Guess that is the price to pay.
Bit the bullet and look forward to the delivery date.

or likely some buyer are looking at a newer unit so 520i are ne
520 is 4 pot while 523 is the legendary 6 pot strawberry engine. The person at PPSL should go copulate with a spider

6cyc Rocks.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

523 is a much better f10 in my books in terms of maintenance.
some of my customers been driving that for more than 5yr+, no complaints abt oil leak or gearbox.
just lack of torque compared to 520 or 528....at least u have creamy engine sound.....paiseh i old school...haha

Oil leak is common and I have replaced all those including the oil filter gasket. GB software is the 2016 version that cures the jerk in down shifting.

6 cyc will always sound better than a 4 potter.
Which is why I'm going for the 540m cos this is the only 6 cyc model from the current line up.

Oil leak is common and I have replaced all those including the oil filter gasket. GB software is the 2016 version that cures the jerk in down shifting.

6 cyc will always sound better than a 4 potter.
Which is why I'm going for the 540m cos this is the only 6 cyc model from the current line up.
How much overtrade are they giving now?

I tested the new 530i and felt that it was so so nia compared to 523i 6 cyc. price is at $280800. Overtrade 20k.

Ride and butt feel is personal and subjective in my opinion. Just take it out for a spin, the only problem is numerous follow up once you log in to a sales person till you decide. It's free anyway...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gk888red

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back